First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
AMAZING. It is almost like they hear my concerns of wanting to bathe my truck in graphene :crackup: Oh right, okay just GE whenever I get around to washing it.

Thank you Dave, will have to get this when it is available. Seems like a decent add in to the detailing kit :)
I'm going to get a bottle to try out but it's pretty much the same as the GE we're using. I'll see which one I like best but I have enough of the GE to last me a couple years. I'm not like you where I do it every other day. ?
Sponsored

OP
OP
dondonbabyraptor

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Dont know if there is a plan but once the dates are released would be cool to have a meet up of rangers at tierra del sol. Its a great event and the guided trails are much less intimidating for folks that are newer to the desert.
Do I have to sign up for something or just show up at their planned events? This looks like a great time for us to meet up here. Do DM me when you know more about a specific event we should group up for or a post :)

Reactions: Doc
OP
OP
dondonbabyraptor

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
I'm going to get a bottle to try out but it's pretty much the same as the GE we're using. I'll see which one I like best but I have enough of the GE to last me a couple years. I'm not like you where I do it every other day. ?
So you mean you don't just use the concentrated one gallon jug and liberally pour straight on the vehicle?? YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THE LIGHT YET. :LOL: That reminds me when I use my GE to dilute with distilled water. The joys of Dave, just going to beat the little detailing devil out of ya.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
So you mean you don't just use the concentrated one gallon jug and liberally pour straight on the vehicle?? YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THE LIGHT YET. :LOL: That reminds me when I use my GE to dilute with distilled water. The joys of Dave, just going to beat the little detailing devil out of ya.
Looks like you weren't applying enough GE to yours. If you were your truck wouldn't be so dirty, it would've slid right off. ?

OP
OP
dondonbabyraptor

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Looks like you weren't applying enough GE to yours. If you were your truck wouldn't be so dirty, it would've slid right off. ?
Sand particles and dust flying off my truck like:
1636301456094.png

canyonslicker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
65 YO Juvenile Delinquent
I'm sure Brandon didn't need the Jeep's headlights in his face while backing down a hill in the dark... The light was needed in the direction he was going, behind him.
Yeah I suppose you’re right, he should have turned off his lights and race past him then turn on the lights. Sounds safe to me…

Reactions: Doc

Smprfiguy

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Photographer
Vehicle Showcase
Do I have to sign up for something or just show up at their planned events? This looks like a great time for us to meet up here. Do DM me when you know more about a specific event we should group up for or a post :)
ill keep an eye out for the dates. Its usually jan/feb time frame but this past year they did a virtual in march because of covid.

As far as sign up some of the trails are limited but the main loop which is still pretty cool runs all day.

https://www.offroadxtreme.com/event...-sun-2020-tierra-del-sol-desert-safari-recap/

Here is a terribly written article covering the 2020 event ;)

NvrFinished

First Name
Shea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT 4x4 Rapid Red
Ahh... Blow Sand. I first saw that sand hill in 1972 when my Dad began taking us kids out camping in the desert. That's the era when Volkswagon dune buggies were huge and homemade sand rails with Corvair motors, V8's, and dual rear sand tires were coming to the scene.

The hill had much more sand back then, particularly on the righthand side of the hill. You couldn't get a run going on the steeper righthand side and had to drive down into what was called the $5 hole or $10 hole to start. It was a big deal if you had a dune buggy that could make it up the hill back then.

It's still a great area to explore for the day or go camping. I was going to go there to test out my Ranger, but I thought it was too much sand to get a good base line of what it could do. Instead, I explored some trails that take you over the Santa Rosa mountains into the desert.

Sounds like you are having fun! :like:

OP
OP
dondonbabyraptor

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Ahh... Blow Sand. I first saw that sand hill in 1972 when my Dad began taking us kids out camping in the desert. That's the era when Volkswagon dune buggies were huge and homemade sand rails with Corvair motors, V8's, and dual rear sand tires were coming to the scene.

The hill had much more sand back then, particularly on the righthand side of the hill. You couldn't get a run going on the steeper righthand side and had to drive down into what was called the $5 hole or $10 hole to start. It was a big deal if you had a dune buggy that could make it up the hill back then.

It's still a great area to explore for the day or go camping. I was going to go there to test out my Ranger, but I thought it was too much sand to get a good base line of what it could do. Instead, I explored some trails that take you over the Santa Rosa mountains into the desert.

Sounds like you are having fun! :like:
It seems like this place has been around for a while and people have great stories here. Man, such a treat to hear about a little of history here.

It really is a fun place for the day or camping. I have to go back soon and explore more there. Santa Rosa mountains into the desert sounds exciting to explore. Did you like it?

Haha very much indeed. Thanks for reading Shea!

NvrFinished

First Name
Shea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT 4x4 Rapid Red
Santa Rosa mountains into the desert sounds exciting to explore. Did you like it?
Yes, there are a lot of trails to explore and great views. Some take you right over the mountains and into the desert or vice versa. Check out TrailsOffroad and zoom in on the mountains west of the desert and you will see all kinds of trails. The first I did was Grapevine Canyon Road.

OP
OP
dondonbabyraptor

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
all this sand and dirt is boring.
come to Canada, this is much better

7:00 is absolute proof....you cant do that in the sand.

*Bloop* when he jumps in the snow haha. I like the little tire trick they did at 3 minute ish with the spray/light to pop it back on. One day I will try snow, nothing wild though :p

OP
OP
dondonbabyraptor

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
As promised here is the full climb video, careful on the ears/volume there is some screaming from the group :p

canyonslicker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Yeah I suppose you’re right, he should have turned off his lights and race past him then turn on the lights. Sounds safe to me…
Also remember Brandon probably had his high beams on in the jeeps face too but the guy was ready to help is the only way I see it … not being a “neener, neener “ move… If Brandon got stuck or heaven forbid rolled it then I guarantee the jeep would have been Johnny on the spot to help..

Wow it must be a regional or generation thing to think someone would just sit on the side of a hill, off-road waiting just to shame someone that is trying and failing…

There really are people that will watch a hazardous area where rookies will probably fail and try to help them out, some may want to charge a nominal fee but others just being a Good Samaritan… If you go out thinking someone is trying to ridicule you then that’s probably what you will earn..

Again I may laugh at someone’s plight but I’ll be the first to help.. If you get out of your truck thinking I’m a jerk and acting that way then you stay stuck until someone else comes along… again trail etiquette..

canyonslicker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I’ve been 4 wheelin’ for 4 decades and have seen a few things so just maybe I can speak to this.

My 2005 F150 too high 4x4 a lot of desert flight time. Most people that were stuck I helped out no problem but you run into the indignant people that think you’re AAA in Death Valley and don’t want to hook up their vehicle to get pulled out, my insurance doesn’t cover that so I just drive on offering them a lift first to the nearest phone ( no reception) or town. Only one Range Rover turned down the offer, I made sure they had plenty of water to walk out and I got the finger as I drove off. I did report it to the Ranger.

OP
OP
dondonbabyraptor

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
i learned my lesson pulling someone out of a snowy ditch once.
i yanked off some of their car parts (they hooked it up) and they wanted me to pay the damages.

from that point on, if i spy you in a snowy ditch (or muddy or whatever) I'll stop and see if you need help ie phone or medical, and if you're fine, buh bye. the wait for a tow truck will give you time to reflect on how you ended up in the ditch in the first place.
That's what I am pretty much worried about them just saying I damaged things and force liability on me.

@canyonslicker and nah I didn't have my high beams on his face and no trail lights for me. either way it was a fun time!
Sponsored