TSB: SSM 48026 - 2019 Ranger - SecuriCode Keyless-Entry Keypad - Inoperative Keyless Entry Key Pad

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Has this problem (?) been rectified on the 2020 models???
It was a bad batch of parts, it would be nice to think they stopped installing those months ago when they identified the problem.
Sponsored

menright58

First Name
Mike Enright
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
SSM 48026 - 2019 Ranger - SecuriCode Keyless-Entry Keypad - Inoperative Keyless Entry Key Pad

Some 2019 Rangers built with SecuriCode keyless-entry keypad, may experience an inoperative keypad. Press any button. If the keypad illuminates, the battery is operating normally. If not, replace the keypad. Refer to the PTS Workshop Tab drop down menu for installation instructions. Mouse over the Workshop tab > Accessory Installation > Electrical > Wireless RF Key Pad Instructions. As noted in Step 2, for removal use fishing string to remove the keypad to prevent paint damage. Do not attempt to replace the battery. This will break the seal and reduce the life of the keypad.

APPLICABLE VEHICLES
2019 TRUCK: FG P375N RANGER
Is the keypad attached by 2 sided tape? I really doubt I'll use it ever and it sure is ugly!

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
Is the keypad attached by 2 sided tape? I really doubt I'll use it ever and it sure is ugly!
Mike it is held on with tape,but I have found it very useful although it looks like an after thought

JimH

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCrew
Occupation
Retired
See previous posts on this subject. i.e. take it off the door and put it on the inside of the fuel door..

Bproctor

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 2WD
Occupation
NC National Guard
Makes me glad I removed mine. I didn't want it anyways and the dealers had no idea what they were saying when they told me it was hard-wired.

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
keypad warranty.jpg

Mine lasted just a little over a year before it started eating batteries. Hopefully this one lasts longer. No big deal.
Took about an hour for them to replace.

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
keypad warranty.jpg

Mine lasted just a little over a year before it started eating batteries. Hopefully this one lasts longer. No big deal.
Took about an hour for them to replace.
And they put back where I had moved it to. They didn't give me any grief about the relocation. :) ?
9_22_20 (2).jpg

SICKQK

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.saddlebrookcontrols.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Crew Cab FX4
Occupation
Automation Applications Engineer
Does anyone no whether or not this option when ordered with the truck is installed at the factory or at the dealership?
A dealer where I had my truck serviced (not where I purchased it) told me they don't come on the vehicles from the factory, that the dealer installs them. That's news to me and it resulted in an argument because the service writer said they wouldn't look at it because it is considered "aftermarket ".

Thanks!

Last edited:

tgRanger

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat, 1988 Mustang GT, 2013 Toyota Highlander Limited
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone no whether or not this option when ordered with the truck is installed at the factory or at the dealership?
I don’t “know” so I can’t say Yes or “No”. :giggle:

alcohenusa

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Retired
A dealer where I had my truck serviced (not where I purchased it) told me they don't come on the vehicles from the factory, that the dealer installs them. That's news to me and it resulted in an argument because the service writer said they wouldn't look at it because it is considered "aftermarket ".

Thanks!
They are installed at the factory If ordered that way. However, they are also available as an add-on accessory.

SICKQK

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.saddlebrookcontrols.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Crew Cab FX4
Occupation
Automation Applications Engineer
They are installed at the factory If ordered that way. However, they are also available as an add-on accessory.
Thanks. Mine is listed on the window sticker and build sheet.
Service writer first told me it was added at a shop my dealer used......then when I showed him the window sticker he said well then the dealer installed it.

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. Mine is listed on the window sticker and build sheet.
Service writer first told me it was added at a shop my dealer used......then when I showed him the window sticker he said well then the dealer installed it.
It doesn't matter, factory or dealer. If its on the window sticker, it is covered. Many of these were defective. I think there was some sort of service bulletin. This dealer replaced mine no questions asked. I had even moved it from its original location on the door to the B pillar. He replaced it to the new location.

Key pad waranty.jpg

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired mechanic
And they put back where I had moved it to. They didn't give me any grief about the relocation. :) ?
9_22_20 (2).jpg
Gregg, is the key pad staying tight to the vinyl on the door pillar ? I like it in that position. Bret

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired mechanic
I know there are a few members here with 2 Rangers and also a few Ford Techs. Do any of you know if I program the key pads on my 19&20 with the same code will they interfere with each other ? Thanks Bret

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
Gregg, is the key pad staying tight to the vinyl on the door pillar ? I like it in that position. Bret
Yes it is staying put no problem. I put it on the back door so it wouldn't would take as much shock, but I don't think it would be a problem on the front door.
Sponsored