Jason Price

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
The other day I got into my truck for work like normal; however, my phone synced to the radio and caused the unit to power cycle. The radio would turn on and off repeatedly without me pushing any buttons. My steering wheel buttons would not function at this time. I unplugged the phone and tried to switch to satellite radio. Unfortunately nothing I tried worked. I tried doing a master reset twice on the radio and unplugging the battery negative terminal for 20 minutes. I took it into the dealership, they removed the head unit, checked all connectors and reinstalled. Two weeks now and no issues. I looked for similar issues on other ford forums however nothing matching my problems were listed. Issue seems to be fixed. Warranty covered; however, annoying non the less.
Sponsored

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2016 Shelby GT350
Vehicle Showcase
The other day I got into my truck for work like normal; however, my phone synced to the radio and caused the unit to power cycle. The radio would turn on and off repeatedly without me pushing any buttons. My steering wheel buttons would not function at this time. I unplugged the phone and tried to switch to satellite radio. Unfortunately nothing I tried worked. I tried doing a master reset twice on the radio and unplugging the battery negative terminal for 20 minutes. I took it into the dealership, they removed the head unit, checked all connectors and reinstalled. Two weeks now and no issues. I looked for similar issues on other ford forums however nothing matching my problems were listed. Issue seems to be fixed. Warranty covered; however, annoying non the less.

Keep an eye on this - mine was doing the exact same thing from almost day 1. The apim is behind the seat on the drivers side - unplugging and replugging the bottom clip fixes it temporarily. I ended up with a new apim under warranty and have not had the problem since. (7 months now)