First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Focus ST, 2015 Escape SE 2.0
Occupation
IT
Hello! Trying something different, meaning I am researching and educating myself BEFORE I guy a Ranger. I usually buy something (2013 Focus ST, 2015 Escape SE 2.0, 2006 F-150 etc.) before doing my due diligence and scrambling to fix known issues.
Let 2024 be better! Haha!
I will be lurking around getting up to speed, using the search.
I am in Bucks County PA, former mechanic and can definitely screw stuff up!
Sponsored

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome Neil - lots of information here to wade through - good luck in your quest. 👍

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
Welcome, you can find a lot of good information here and a few of the problems some of the Ranger owners have had. Need to keep in mind people come to a forum to find problems and see if there is a solution but most here, me included, have had trouble free ownership.

RangerTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
I miss the full size trucks also. I also don't need a full size.

You will like this one. Couple things... they are small. I know they are not near as small as the old rangers. But, I find them a bit confining. The leather seats are extremely uncomfortable. Go cloth!

That being said, they take a beating. I am not kind to this truck and it continues to perform and look good doing it.

I routinely tow, push, haul, load to the brim with wood, off-road, heavy on-road (600miles/week)... and it keeps on tick'n. If your buying it as a tool, you will be happy. If your buying it as a suburban commuter, you will also be happy.

OP
OP
Oldandintheway
First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
I miss the full size trucks also. I also don't need a full size.

You will like this one. Couple things... they are small. I know they are not near as small as the old rangers. But, I find them a bit confining. The leather seats are extremely uncomfortable. Go cloth!

That being said, they take a beating. I am not kind to this truck and it continues to perform and look good doing it.
Thanks, good info. I had a 2000 Ranger SCAB Step Side before the F-150. I loved the POS haha. It had the 3.0 and was sloooowwww.
I am leaning towards the XLT with cloth, and FX4 package. Must have tow package as well. I am hoping the price of the 2019-2022's come down a bit when the 2024's start arriving.

OP
OP
Oldandintheway
First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
If your buying it as a tool, you will be happy. If your buying it as a suburban commuter, you will also be happy.
The plan is to keep the Focus ST, and add the Ranger for work/towing duty. Either way, good answer!
The Escape is the wife's ride.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
Hello! Trying something different, meaning I am researching and educating myself BEFORE I guy a Ranger. I usually buy something (2013 Focus ST, 2015 Escape SE 2.0, 2006 F-150 etc.) before doing my due diligence and scrambling to fix known issues.
Let 2024 be better! Haha!
I will be lurking around getting up to speed, using the search.
I am in Bucks County PA, former mechanic and can definitely screw stuff up!
welcome to r5g! smart to learn ahead of the lessons reaching the bank account. the 5g trucks are pretty good. i may complain about mine a lot but its had way more positives than negatives.

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Welcome, you can find a lot of good information here and a few of the problems some of the Ranger owners have had. Need to keep in mind people come to a forum to find problems and see if there is a solution but most here, me included, have had trouble free ownership.
Ditto.

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
2013 Focus ST
Smart man! Mine is Race Red. Loved it every single day I've owned it. Which if memory serves some point last October was 10 years now.

Calm down forum members! No my ST is not blue. :giggle:

fjwlobo

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 SCREW
Welcome

I have a 2020 Lariat FX4 SCREW. A lot of people (including myself) that have the FX4 don't like the shocks/struts & rear leaf springs and changed them. Most people just change the shocks & struts. One of the main complaints is that it feels both harsh and floaty. I like the other options with this package. I never went off-roading with the stock FX4 suspension, so can't say how it rides. As I've stated in other threads; I went a little more extreme with the suspension and upgraded to the Icon 2.5 stage 6 package. A lot of people seem to like the Bilstein 5100's all around as the front struts give you the option to level the truck.

Just my opinion. You need to drive it yourself and make your own decision as to how it feels.

magoh

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mitsubishi Montero
Occupation
Standard Nerd
The leather seats are extremely uncomfortable. Go cloth!
I'm shopping for a new-to-me Ranger too. What's uncomfortable about the leather to you? During the test drives I took the leather seats seemed just as comfortable as the cloth ones but they were maybe 10 minutes tops. What about the Tremor seats?
Sponsored