First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Engineer
First time truck owner here (pic below). Figured I'd say hi after lurking here for a while and offer one quick review and ask one question.

Review: Used my Fordpass points on the "Impact Heavy Duty Bed Mat". I've only seen one or two mentions of this on the forums, so threw in a pic below and thought I'd give my thoughts. As advised in the other review, I let it sit out for a day or so to help flatten it out before installing. The install was simple and the results so far are great. I chose this over the rubber mat plus tailgate liner option because this came with tailgate protection, and I assume is softer than the tailgate liner (i.e. easier on the knees). The finish is very rough (almost akin to the finish from spray-in liners), which so far has kept things from sliding around. The mat itself has aggressive velcro strips sewn onto the mat, which I feel will maintain the holding power well, and it is made by Bed Mat.

Question: I have the Lariat (Tremor) package, and my driver's side door handle has a spot where the key can be inserted, but it's just plain metal (and mine is even a little discolored in the middle). I know it's a nit to pick, but I can't help but wonder if there's supposed to be a cover over it or something. I looked at a bunch of pics online, and saw the exposed metal keyhole on most I could find, but just curious if I'm missing something.

Thanks!

My new hobby/money-pit:
IMG_0608.jpg

Impact Heavy Duty Bed Mat
IMG_0741.jpg

Keyhole on Driver's door handle
IMG_0610.jpg
Sponsored

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
First time truck owner here (pic below). Figured I'd say hi after lurking here for a while and offer one quick review and ask one question.

Review: Used my Fordpass points on the "Impact Heavy Duty Bed Mat". I've only seen one or two mentions of this on the forums, so threw in a pic below and thought I'd give my thoughts. As advised in the other review, I let it sit out for a day or so to help flatten it out before installing. The install was simple and the results so far are great. I chose this over the rubber mat plus tailgate liner option because this came with tailgate protection, and I assume is softer than the tailgate liner (i.e. easier on the knees). The finish is very rough (almost akin to the finish from spray-in liners), which so far has kept things from sliding around. The mat itself has aggressive velcro strips sewn onto the mat, which I feel will maintain the holding power well, and it is made by Bed Mat.

Question: I have the Lariat (Tremor) package, and my driver's side door handle has a spot where the key can be inserted, but it's just plain metal (and mine is even a little discolored in the middle). I know it's a nit to pick, but I can't help but wonder if there's supposed to be a cover over it or something. I looked at a bunch of pics online, and saw the exposed metal keyhole on most I could find, but just curious if I'm missing something.

Thanks!

My new hobby/money-pit:
IMG_0608.jpg

Impact Heavy Duty Bed Mat
IMG_0741.jpg

IMG_0610.jpg
Beautiful truck Marcus. Welcome. Interesting, never seen anyone post about the bed mat or the keyhole. The bed mat review was great. If you need that extra gripping power, it's a great solution! Hope ya don't spend too much more on the beauty :piggybank::giggle:

OP
OP
Trickfox

Trickfox

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Engineer
Beautiful truck Marcus. Welcome. Interesting, never seen anyone post about the bed mat or the keyhole. The bed mat review was great. If you need that extra gripping power, it's a great solution! Hope ya don't spend too much more on the beauty :piggybank::giggle:
Thanks Brandon. Judging by your signature, you know a thing or two about modifications :). That camper shell looks sweet!

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Thanks Brandon. Judging by your signature, you know a thing or two about modifications :). That camper shell looks sweet!
Thank you for the nice comment on my shell, I would recommend ARES again. Haha, I may have done a few things here and there to the truck. If you have any questions about any mods or where to find some juicy threads about some topic let me know. Would be glad to help where I can. For now, enjoy your rummaging around the hidden gold around here. :champagne:

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
IMG_0610.jpg
Hi Marcus,

My 2019 Lariat with chrome package looks just like your lock. This is an emergency entrance as you would normally use your fob.

best,
Phil

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
Thanks for the photo of the bed mat. I was thinking of getting that same mat. I like that it covers the
gap between bed and gate when in the open position. But I don't have much confidence in the Velcro taps sticking the the bed and gate.
Do you thick it will hold up? I'm not so worried about the bed part, but the gate part when in the closed position.
Beautiful truck. Part of you hobby will be keeping that black paint clean and shiny.

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
How do you think that bed mat will hold up after hauling dirt or bricks or a deer? ?

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome Marcus,

Nice looking truck. Those bed rugs are popular with many forum members - they haul all kinds of stuff and just pressure wash it when it gets dirty.

Also, I’m pretty sure our key holes are all like that - someone on here painted it to match their truck colour. You could likely mask it and use your touch-up kit.

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
On your key fob pull the top off and you will discover the key for entry to the driver's door lock if the fob's battery is out or won't work for some reason. It took me a while to figure that one out. LOL!

Very nice looking Ranger!! I am sure you will really enjoy it.

Jmarler

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger
Occupation
Certified Hacker. Retired Veteran
I almost bought the same as yours and samecolor. They had one in transit but I went to test drive another one ended up buying that one.

OP
OP
Trickfox

Trickfox

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Engineer
Thanks for the photo of the bed mat. I was thinking of getting that same mat. I like that it covers the
gap between bed and gate when in the open position. But I don't have much confidence in the Velcro taps sticking the the bed and gate.
Do you thick it will hold up? I'm not so worried about the bed part, but the gate part when in the closed position.
Beautiful truck. Part of you hobby will be keeping that black paint clean and shiny.
Ha, you are right about that! This black paint shows every spec of dirt.

The adhesive on the velcro seemed pretty aggressive, but we'll see. I've left it out in the Texas sun a few times, and so far so good.

OP
OP
Trickfox

Trickfox

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Engineer
How do you think that bed mat will hold up after hauling dirt or bricks or a deer? ?
Good question. I don't plan on doing anything too extreme with mine, so wasn't a concern. On the bed itself, the material is an open face foam, with the a top layer of the textured rubber. I would be concerned that if you cut through the rubber layer on this one, the open cell foam underneath is would be pretty weak. On the tailgate, it's a fabric base with the rubber layer on top. I'd think it would be as strong as the carpet style bed mat.

OP
OP
Trickfox

Trickfox

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Engineer
Welcome Marcus,

Nice looking truck. Those bed rugs are popular with many forum members - they haul all kinds of stuff and just pressure wash it when it gets dirty.

Also, I’m pretty sure our key holes are all like that - someone on here painted it to match their truck colour. You could likely mask it and use your touch-up kit.
I like the idea of painting it to match. Thanks!

paval3

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Crewcab & 2003 Mountaineer Premier
If I didn't occasionally throw a hay bale in the bed of my Ranger, I would get the BedRug carpeted mat! We sometimes have customers who want the BedRug carpet mat if they ordered a fiberglass cap with the carpet headliner (which coincidentally matches the BedRug material's color almost perfectly).
Sponsored