Truck Newb

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
First time truck owner here (pic below). Figured I'd say hi after lurking here for a while and offer one quick review and ask one question.

Review: Used my Fordpass points on the "Impact Heavy Duty Bed Mat". I've only seen one or two mentions of this on the forums, so threw in a pic below and thought I'd give my thoughts. As advised in the other review, I let it sit out for a day or so to help flatten it out before installing. The install was simple and the results so far are great. I chose this over the rubber mat plus tailgate liner option because this came with tailgate protection, and I assume is softer than the tailgate liner (i.e. easier on the knees). The finish is very rough (almost akin to the finish from spray-in liners), which so far has kept things from sliding around. The mat itself has aggressive velcro strips sewn onto the mat, which I feel will maintain the holding power well, and it is made by Bed Mat.

Question: I have the Lariat (Tremor) package, and my driver's side door handle has a spot where the key can be inserted, but it's just plain metal (and mine is even a little discolored in the middle). I know it's a nit to pick, but I can't help but wonder if there's supposed to be a cover over it or something. I looked at a bunch of pics online, and saw the exposed metal keyhole on most I could find, but just curious if I'm missing something.

Thanks!

My new hobby/money-pit:
IMG_0608.jpg

Impact Heavy Duty Bed Mat
IMG_0741.jpg

Keyhole on Driver's door handle
IMG_0610.jpg
Beautiful Ranger, welcome!!!
Sponsored