First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 1968 Bronco, 2021 Bronco Sport
Occupation
Facilities Manager
You will be the first to have leveled a tremor. Any idea what hardware you’re going to use. Please don’t say leveling pucks ?

black looks very sleek with the tint!
I have a friend that owns a shop that does that kink of stuff and he is working on finding what I need to level it. I actually only want to go about 1.5"-2" and not the 3" like most of the ranger kits are. He is also the one that did the tint and bed liner. I like the all black look.

OP
OP
ranger-rick-roll

ranger-rick-roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
I have a friend that owns a shop that does that kink of stuff and he is working on finding what I need to level it. I actually only want to go about 1.5"-2" and not the 3" like most of the ranger kits are. He is also the one that did the tint and bed liner. I like the all black look.

I think if the idea is to upgrade the front suspension there are only a few products that are actually an improvement over the included fox 2.0's. One of them being the Fox 2.5's linked here. I believe King has a similar option.

A very pricy option, if you just want a level then the front strut spacers (pucks) work fine. But tend to ruin the geometry of the suspension, so not my preferred option.

HBird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I think if the idea is to upgrade the front suspension there are only a few products that are actually an improvement over the included fox 2.0's. One of them being the Fox 2.5's linked here. I believe King has a similar option.

A very pricy option, if you just want a level then the front strut spacers (pucks) work fine. But tend to ruin the geometry of the suspension, so not my preferred option.
Not sure what I should've expected on that link given your username. ?

Poky

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Retired

When discussing front strut spaces, is one type better or worse than the other? Specifically, SVC has one that installs below the spring. Rough Country's goes on top of the strut without having to disassemble the strut. The BDS kit goes on top but requires disassembly.

ahha

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Tremor, 99 Ford Super Duty 7.3
Occupation
Self employed
Here is the latest review of the Ranger Tremor. IT has a more in depth off-road assessment.

https://www.car-revs-daily.com/2021/04/08/2021-ford-ranger-tremor-off-road-review-by-matt-barnes/
Thanks for posting, read that review and a bunch of others. I think the author’s suggestion that an aftermarket lift kit on an FX4 is a better option than starting with a Tremor, is wrong.

First off, the Tremor rides much better on the terrible New York City streets than the FX4 I test drove. That alone is worth the price for me and probably others too, considering how many more pavement miles most of us put on our trucks than unpaved. Then there are the beefier control arms, knuckles and a suspension tuned by Ford, with all their technical resources. I have owned and driven several lifted trucks and they all rode worse than stock. So unless you’re planing on a very large lift with all new suspension parts, I can’t see why you wouldn’t want to start with the Tremor when planing on a moderate lift. It seems that front leveling and aftermarket crash bars could get you 34’s or even 35’s, all while keeping the factory ride quality.

As for articulation, there’s a video of the Tremor in low range and TM getting over a good sized trail obstacle that forced a Gladiator to use a lot of throttle and took two tries to get over. RTI isn’t as necessarily as important as a TM system that works well...

Spngr

First Name
@Drewcuz
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus ST/Stage 3
Occupation
Macgyver at fixing all kinds of shit, and Surf Photographer
Thst sux. Pd under invoice less rebates and no issue ordering here. I'm sorry you're experiencing that bs!!
So one of the dealers here called me back today and told me they would accept my xplan on one of their Tremors coming in! Told them I was interested in the black lariat one that they first ordered and they said ok. Looking at the Hawaii inventory, It was the first ordered out of all the dealers. So..If everything pans out, It will arrive early May. :fingerscrossed:? Now I wish it was Iconic silver to match my 14' Stage 3 ST2(99k mi)
_DSC2771.jpg
_DSC1302.jpg
and my RIP Honda Passport/Isuzu Rodeo that was amazing..
IMG_0484.JPG

Also on a side note, does anyone know if the Fox 2.0's on the tremor are adjustable like the ones sold separately and if so, I'm guessing they aren't maxed out or even near 3". If that's the case, theoretically you could just raise the front a bit, get the aftermarket intrusion bars and fit potentially 34s-35s. If any of you Tremor owners could look into that, I would greatly appreciate it. ?

Last edited:

Vivalamattt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Tremor
Hi folks!

New to these forums. Just picked up my Tremor last Tuesday. Got super lucky, right place right time, Ranger had just gotten off the truck when I happened to be ready to pull the trigger on it. Coming from a 2015 F-150. Loving the size of the Ranger. Can’t wait to make a ton of adventure memories with it.

B41040FA-B20A-4789-B012-2839383792F1.jpeg

B139E0B7-8717-4189-980E-E5F51F84AF06.jpeg

OP
OP
ranger-rick-roll

ranger-rick-roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
So one of the dealers here called me back today and told me they would accept my xplan on one of their Tremors coming in! Told them I was interested in the black lariat one that they first ordered and they said ok. Looking at the Hawaii inventory, It was the first ordered out of all the dealers. So..If everything pans out, It will arrive early May. :fingerscrossed:? Now I wish it was Iconic silver to match my 14' Stage 3 ST2(99k mi)
_DSC2771.jpg
_DSC1302.jpg
IMG_0484.JPG

Also on a side note, does anyone know if the Fox 2.0's on the tremor are adjustable like the ones sold separately and if so, I'm guessing they aren't maxed out or even near 3". If that's the case, theoretically you could just raise the front a bit, get the aftermarket intrusion bars and fit potentially 34s-35s. If any of you Tremor owners could look into that, I would greatly appreciate it. ?
someone here said that they did not have the adjustment after I made the same recommendation. But I am happy to check if you can let me know what I am looking for. Would I be able to see it with the wheel on?

its sort of hard to believe the fox 2.0’s are different though. You’d think they would keep the ones that Ford has already approved.

Lawdawg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
_DSC2771.jpg
_DSC1302.jpg
IMG_0484.JPG

I don't think they are adjustable unfortunately. I've attached a pic of mine and they don't have the same shock body as the ones you would buy aftermarket. I can't see any threads for the bottom shock collar to adjust up or down. I could be totally wrong though.

Fox.jpg

Poky

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Retired
I don't think they are adjustable unfortunately. I've attached a pic of mine and they don't have the same shock body as the ones you would buy aftermarket. I can't see any threads for the bottom shock collar to adjust up or down. I could be totally wrong though.

Fox.jpg
Thanks for the information.
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc