First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby American GT350
Occupation
Retired
It’s a good question. I wouldn’t fault anyone for waiting. The 5G is an old design, outdated in many ways and the 6G may be a big leap forward. But I have to say that I got a Tremor in May and am happy I didn’t wait. I love this truck. It’s so well sorted. I guess that’s the benefit of getting a vehicle that’s been around a while. If the company is willing to invest the time and money, they can get it just right.
I don't see another Ranger Tremor in Ford's future due to a Ranger Raptor coming soon. This will make the Tremor a rare sighting I believe. Could hold its value really well.
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I don't see another Ranger Tremor in Ford's future due to a Ranger Raptor coming soon. This will make the Tremor a rare sighting I believe. Could hold its value really well.
I'm guessing the Splash will take the place of the Tremor next year? They already said it will be a limited edition and have different Splash packages every few months.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2022-ford-ranger-splash-package-limited-edition-first-look-review/

Alongside the Ford Ranger Splash package is a run of Splash Limited Editions. These Rangers will introduce new, one-time-only colors, each of which will only be available for a few months at a time and will only appear on a few hundred vehicles. The Limited Edition will kick off with the Snow Edition.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
All indication is 2022 will not be a redesign. It could be, but probably not. So, if you need a truck now then keep your order. If you can wait for 2023 then do that but I wouldn't worry too much about it, if we all waited for something better/new then we'd never buy anything.
@Shelby American , listen to Tom. He’s absolutely right. If the rest of us here had waited, we would never be with the beauties we have…and I’m not talking about our trucks. Am I right?

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
I'm guessing the Splash will take the place of the Tremor next year? They already said it will be a limited edition and have different Splash packages every few months.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2022-ford-ranger-splash-package-limited-edition-first-look-review/
My dealer said Tremor and Splash will both be offered because they are different packages; Splash won't have the option for the upgraded suspension and Tremor won't be able to get Splash colors. In terms of sales, he said since Tremor has been available, he has placed 6 orders for them for every 1 FX4, and it's the number one option he sells after towing.

I think Ford is pretty heavily invested into the Tremor name/brand because they have offered it as an option package for F250 for a few years, added it has an option package for Ranger, and now it's a full trim level for F150, even though the F150 Raptor is a thing. I can see them offering Tremor as a TRD level option and Ranger Raptor as the high-end option for the TRD-Pro type of consumer.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
My dealer said Tremor and Splash will both be offered because they are different packages; Splash won't have the option for the upgraded suspension and Tremor won't be able to get Splash colors. In terms of sales, he said since Tremor has been available, he has placed 6 orders for them for every 1 FX4, and it's the number one option he sells after towing.

I think Ford is pretty heavily invested into the Tremor name/brand because they have offered it as an option package for F250 for a few years, added it has an option package for Ranger, and now it's a full trim level for F150, even though the F150 Raptor is a thing. I can see them offering Tremor as a TRD level option and Ranger Raptor as the high-end option for the TRD-Pro type of consumer.
That's make sense that they're offering both. Now that I think of it the Splash is only a graphics package and it's going to be limited. Where as the Tremor has more value with the larger tires and so one.

Personally I think the Splash is ugly and I'm glad it's limited. This way we won't have to see a bunch of them driving around. lol Maybe some of the other limited ones will look better.

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
So, I placed my order for a Tremor three weeks to the day. Have not received any emails yet as to a build date.
So in the meantime, I'm searching the internet on the 2022 Ranger. Hearing a lot of good things about the new model,and wondering if I should wait until the new one comes out
I love the looks of the Tremor, but I would hate to spend this kind of money and possibly end up with buyers remorse.
If I wait this out, there will certainly be great deals on the outgoing model,but finding a Tremor at that point could be quite difficult.
Anyone else out there in the same boat,and wondering if they should wait until the new Ranger comes out?
Depending on whether you chose XLT or Lariat, it might be 2022 before you see it anyway.
That's make sense that they're offering both. Now that I think of it the Splash is only a graphics package and it's going to be limited. Where as the Tremor has more value with the larger tires and so one.

Personally I think the Splash is ugly and I'm glad it's limited. This way we won't have to see a bunch of them driving around. lol Maybe some of the other limited ones will look better.
The thing I don't understand about it is that you can't add appearance packages to the Tremor. I would have liked the black or the sport appearance. Same goes for the Splash for some folks I'm guessing. I understand that it might streamline production somewhat but you can get any of the appearance packages on the FX4, including the upcoming Splash. And don't get me started on not being able to order Tremor on a scab. It makes no sense that completely interchangeable suspension parts eliminate all those other choices but FX4 doesn't, when essentially it's the same difference.

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase

And I don't understand how Ford determines color availability anyway; Ranger and Bronco built in same plant but don't have the same colors. And F150 has different ones still - I would have loved Lead Foot as an option for mine!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
And I don't understand how Ford determines color availability anyway; Ranger and Bronco built in same plant but don't have the same colors.
Yeah you'd think they'd have the same ones since they're both going down the same line. They're very close but the Ranger has Velocity Blue and the Bronco has Anti Matter Blue for '21.

I'm wondering if they're going to keep the new Eruption Green solely on the Bronco? Seeing as the Ranger already had the Hot Pepper Red my guess is the Ranger will get the Eruption Green. ?‍♂

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
Yeah you'd think they'd have the same ones since they're both going down the same line. They're very close but the Ranger has Velocity Blue and the Bronco has Anti Matter Blue for '21.

I'm wondering if they're going to keep the new Eruption Green solely on the Bronco? Seeing as the Ranger already had the Hot Pepper Red my guess is the Ranger will get the Eruption Green. ?‍♂
Maybe if they consolidated colors they could improve the paint quality :rolleyes:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Maybe if they consolidated colors they could improve the paint quality :rolleyes:
I know a lot has to do with the newer water based paints. They don't seem to hold up as well as the older solvent base ones. I'm sure Ford (along with all the others) has found that fine line to how thin they can spray it until they have severe problems. Everything now is about cutting costs and we the consumer suffer.

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
I know a lot has to do with the newer water based paints. They don't seem to hold up as well as the older solvent base ones. I'm sure Ford (along with all the others) has found that fine line to how thin they can spray it until they have severe problems. Everything now is about cutting costs and we the consumer suffer.
Yeah I mean it may be just me over thinking it, but looking at the chips I have from the Grabber ATX tires, it sure seems like it is a THIN layer of paint. Compared to my previous VW vehicles and our current '16 Honda Pilot which has its share of pinstripes and kids abuse to test the paint quality ?

Dont get me wrong, love this truck enough to forgive my issues with the sheet metal and paint. Sheet metal as in waves near the bottom of rear passenger window area. I am reminded every time I use my drivers side mirror when backing up. Been meaning to check out other Rangers but I assume it is the sheet metal molds doing this and it probably is normal.

Don't regret the purchase one bit though.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Glad to hear you love your Ranger and have no Regerts. ?

It's those Grabber ATX tires. lol I know some have added rocker protectors and even painted the lower rocker black which helps. I have no mud guards and off road quiet a bit and have no paint chips anywhere. Even my hood is still perfect without a bug shield. Maybe I was just lucky and my truck was built on a Wednesday or Ford really did cheap out after 2019 and went thinner on the paint.

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
Glad to hear you love your Ranger and have no Regerts. ?

It's those Grabber ATX tires. lol I know some have added rocker protectors and even painted the lower rocker black which helps. I have no mud guards and off road quiet a bit and have no paint chips anywhere. Even my hood is still perfect without a bug shield. Maybe I was just lucky and my truck was built on a Wednesday or Ford really did cheap out after 2019 and went thinner on the paint.
Thanks. The Grabber ATX have been quite good otherwise on the dirt so I am mixed on keeping them or switching to maybe K02 (that they cloned?) in the future or Ridge Grapplers. My only other off road tire experience is with the Nitto Ridge Grapplers on our '16 Pilot AWD and they have done great but it is more of a crossover vs truck than Grabber vs Ridge Grappler comparison I think. Really wish there way to test drive tires.
Sponsored