First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby American GT350
Occupation
Retired
So, I placed my order for a Tremor three weeks to the day. Have not received any emails yet as to a build date.
So in the meantime, I'm searching the internet on the 2022 Ranger. Hearing a lot of good things about the new model,and wondering if I should wait until the new one comes out
I love the looks of the Tremor, but I would hate to spend this kind of money and possibly end up with buyers remorse.
If I wait this out, there will certainly be great deals on the outgoing model,but finding a Tremor at that point could be quite difficult.
Anyone else out there in the same boat,and wondering if they should wait until the new Ranger comes out?
Sponsored

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
So, I placed my order for a Tremor three weeks to the day. Have not received any emails yet as to a build date.
So in the meantime, I'm searching the internet on the 2022 Ranger. Hearing a lot of good things about the new model,and wondering if I should wait until the new one comes out
I love the looks of the Tremor, but I would hate to spend this kind of money and possibly end up with buyers remorse.
If I wait this out, there will certainly be great deals on the outgoing model,but finding a Tremor at that point could be quite difficult.
Anyone else out there in the same boat,and wondering if they should wait until the new Ranger comes out?
All indication is 2022 will not be a redesign. It could be, but probably not. So, if you need a truck now then keep your order. If you can wait for 2023 then do that but I wouldn't worry too much about it, if we all waited for something better/new then we'd never buy anything.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Personally I would wait it out for the Tremor. I would never buy a first year run as there's always issues, just take a look at the Bronco. I specifically coded my Bronco 99 which defers it to next year but I didn't have much of a chance for a '21 anyways.

I've bought first year runs in the past and have always had problems. Some were small but others were big and it's best to let the bugs get worked out of them from someone else. Waiting is the hardest part especially with all the shortages now but it'll be worth it in the end. Good Luck!

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
Personally I would wait it out for the Tremor. I would never buy a first year run as there's always issues, just take a look at the Bronco. I specifically coded my Bronco 99 which defers it to next year but I didn't have much of a chance for a '21 anyways.

I've bought first year runs in the past and have always had problems. Some were small but others were big and it's best to let the bugs get worked out of them from someone else. Waiting is the hardest part especially with all the shortages now but it'll be worth it in the end. Good Luck!
Agree. My 2020 is an Oct 20 build, and I got all the stuff that has since been removed from the ranger (minus folding rear headrests, but I was able to do the mod) and also got all the 'fixes' for the 2019 release.

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
------2011 Ford Ranger XL 2.3L Manual Scab
Occupation
--Machinist
We will have to see if there will be great deals on 5G Rangers. All indications are that there won't be. There is a demand for them. The focus is on getting the Bronco out. The 5G Ranger is side lined. Meaning you will have to wait for your vehicle to be produced. The 6G I would wait until hopefully things get better in the supply chain and Covid diminishes. I would say the roll out of the 6G will also not go smoothly.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Agree. My 2020 is an Oct 20 build, and I got all the stuff that has since been removed from the ranger (minus folding rear headrests, but I was able to do the mod) and also got all the 'fixes' for the 2019 release.

I didn't follow my own advise with the Ranger but that's because it really wasn't a first year run. The engine and tranny have been used in several different vehicles and the Ranger was still being produces around the world. I did read through this forum and found that in the beginning there were a few minor issues like a bad batch of injectors but nothing major. I've been lucky as mine has been flawless for the past 26 months and have no regrets buying it.

TremorTroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Ranger
I'm planning on ordering the 6G Ranger, hopefully Raptor edition, when its released. However I just purchased a Tremor that was on order at the dealership because I don't think anybody will actually get there hands on the 6G Ranger for a couple of years based on how rollouts and production is going. It arrives in about 10 days. Frankly I was lucky to get my hands on this Tremor. All the dealers I spoke to have no ability to even place an order for a Ranger, the order bank was locked out. I think the 2021 Tremor is going to a a very rare truck and should hold value extremely well so trading in two years may not be that costly.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
The re engineered 6G Ranger will be a 2023 model year, optimistically slated for fall of 2022, the '22 will be a 5G. Ford is saying that chip and other parts disruptions could run to 2Q 2022. September 23 2021 is the last day to spec changes to scheduled 2021 Ranger orders, so if you want to alter your order, do so before that day. 2022 Ranger order bank opens September 13th; production scheduling begins October 14. Sometime around then or later, the Configurator should be updated online. 2022 Ranger Job 1 rolls out of the plant Dec 13. Maybe.
Here's the latest I've seen. Everything's up in the air these days, but this is the plan:
Screen Shot 2021-09-10 at 09.40.08.png

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
That is tricky and a personal decision you will have to wait for. If you do not need a truck, I could see waiting. Depends on what you want to do and what you currently drive. What fun activities might you miss out on?

I think the Tremor is such a well put together package that Ford did not even market it well enough but not like they are having a hard time moving them. I watched every Tremor video and review but it was not till owning it that I saw the driveshaft had a CV joint at the diff input shaft.

I have not followed the news at all but I would guess the Raptor Ranger wont come out at launch so you would be looking at an FX4 and have to mod yourself, not that its bad but how long for good suspension kits to come out?

I also think the 5G aftermarket is about as mature as it will get as focus will shift to the new truck and over time may have even more aftermarket support than the 5g platform in the USA.

All I know is I have zero regrets with the Ranger. The only issue I have with it is deciding whether I should level the truck and get wheel spacers or do Baja Design lights first.

ter240

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat, Tremor
Occupation
Self Employed
Will be ordering a 22 (i.e. Gen 5) for several reasons

1) Don't want the 23 (Gen 6) to avoid first year teething pains. Especially when it looks like it'll have alot more screens and tech.
2) Don't like the "baby f-150" sytling of the Gen 6.
3) I think the current Tremor represents a fully evolved and tuned version of the Gen 5.
4) Not sure the Gen 6 chassis and drive train will be significantly different or better. Although I may eat my words if they offer the 2.7 engine in anything other than a Raptor version.
4) I have spent a ton of money on upgrades already!

Last edited:

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
The 2023 6G Ranger will be a major redo, but not a clean sheet, from-the-tread-up redesign like 4G to 5G was. Ford is calling it a "modified T6 chassis" like the Bronco. Guessing some tweaks to allow for the 2.7L and/or other engines, front frame changes to allow for oversize tires & lifts and hopefully recalibrated brake pedal effort! Maybe the Bronc's 7-speed manual.

And of course the drive-in movie screen tacked on to the dash.

OregonRangerTremor

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 ChargerDaytona
Occupation
Retired LEO/Dog Trainer
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered my Tremor on 8-18-21 and just got my VIN# yesterday. I have a contact in the factory and based on others data...good chance I will get it around Thanksgiving. So if you want the Tremor....be patient. Note that due to Bronco Build issues, they are producing 6 Rangers for every 1 Bronco right now. As others have already stated....it appears there is no design change for the Ranger for MY22. (As far as your VIN and Order#, call your Dealer and get them...then you can track build etc.)

Ranger_Pawl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Supercab
Occupation
- Draftsman
That would be a tough call for me. 5G vs 6G. While the 6G may have some initial issues, there could also be some improvements that might make the 6G appealing. There are several things i don't like about the 5G that might be improved/added to the 6G, like:

Lack of features in bed (lights, electricity, storage cubby, slots to add dividers, tie downs, etc)
Poor heating in foot wells
No power sliding back window
No heated steering wheel
No cooling seats
Possible engine/trans choices
Possible Raptor option
As we all know....no tailgate damper

Probably more issues that I can't think of now, but it would take a lot of improvements to get me to upgrade from 5G to 6G. Despite the issues I have with my 5G, I REALLY like my truck, so I'll probably be keeping it. Subject to change, of course. :)

CarbonTremor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor, 04 Jaguar XJR, 21 Bronco Sport
Can't give you an opinion on the tremor vs 6g, nor can anyone. All I can say is for the past 4,500miles / 4 months the trucks been awesome. I have zero regrets and so far this is my favorite pick up that I've owned. . As far as waiting it out who's to say the 2023 rangers won't be delayed due to x y & z. Even if they aren't I wouldn't buy the 1st year model of any vehicle. . .

fiestafan

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fiesta ST
Occupation
Attorney
It’s a good question. I wouldn’t fault anyone for waiting. The 5G is an old design, outdated in many ways and the 6G may be a big leap forward. But I have to say that I got a Tremor in May and am happy I didn’t wait. I love this truck. It’s so well sorted. I guess that’s the benefit of getting a vehicle that’s been around a while. If the company is willing to invest the time and money, they can get it just right.
Sponsored