Tremor Mud Flaps

Synyster06Gates

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I need to figure something out soon. I only have 750 miles on my Tremor and the sides are already chewed up. My driveway is half a mile long and is crushed granite. Going to have to use a Dr. Colorchip on it when I get rock guards.

Can't tell from 10 ft away though.

g2nyhow.jpg

GxWwzzE.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
TBR17

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
I need to figure something out soon. I only have 750 miles on my Tremor and the sides are already chewed up. My driveway is half a mile long and is crushed granite. Going to have to use a Dr. Colorchip on it when I get rock guards.

g2nyhow.jpg

GxWwzzE.jpg
Exactly what I was afraid of. Mine has only 200 miles as of a trip to the dealer today and no gravel so fingers crossed. He is getting in a set of Gatorbacks to do a test fit next week. If they work they are going on. I like your lights. Any chance of a close up with and without the hood open?

renewedcaper

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat
Rokblokz though big enough won't bolt on properly. Yet to find anything that will work yet. Guess I'll wait until someone comes up with something that will.
I've been in contact with Rokblokz. They seem to be interested in getting a Tremor in to develop a set that fits. I'm considering it, but they're about 3 hours away in Orem, UT and but they want the truck for two days to develop, then two more days once a final version is out of the plant. Is anyone closer that might be able to swing that?

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Exactly what I was afraid of. Mine has only 200 miles as of a trip to the dealer today and no gravel so fingers crossed. He is getting in a set of Gatorbacks to do a test fit next week. If they work they are going on. I like your lights. Any chance of a close up with and without the hood open?
Food for thought.....

I'm at a loss as to why Ford choose those running boards for the Tremor?

They suck as steps and they suck as rock sliders. If they had used a design like Shrockworks Rock Sliders with the dimpled plates you wouldn't have all that paint damage.

Plus they need to install front and rear mud flaps, like Toyota does, at the factory, on every 4x4. Then if you don't want them... take them off.

027.JPG

OP
OP
TBR17

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Food for thought.....

They suck as steps and they suck as rock sliders. If they had used a design like Shrockworks Rock Sliders with the dimpled plates you wouldn't have all that paint damage.

Plus they need to install front and rear mud flaps, like Toyota does, at the factory, on every 4x4. Then if you don't want them... take them off.

027.JPG
Agreed because functional they are not unless you are 4' tall. I don't use the step, but it skins my Achilles every time I get out because I bypass it. Stock style Raptor boards are perfect and IMHO and what I would have rather had. I like your Shrockworks. That may be what I go to.

FordRacing

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
IT
IMG_0339.jpeg

the Back were straight forward... Front's NOT so much. Started by making a template to cut the after marks flaps..
IMG_0341.jpeg

IMG_0342.jpeg

IMG_0344.jpeg

I then cut two strips of 18 GA sheet metal.. 1 1/2" wide b y 6" long
IMG_0349.jpeg

and used some brazier rivets to attach to the flaps

IMG_0359.jpeg

IMG_0362.jpeg

back side

IMG_0355.jpeg

Finished look
IMG_0363.jpeg

FordRacing

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
IT

g2nyhow.jpg

GxWwzzE.jpg
Exactly why I put my mud flaps on... I already had rock chips less than 1000 miles

Synyster06Gates

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Rokblokz though big enough won't bolt on properly. Yet to find anything that will work yet. Guess I'll wait until someone comes up with something that will.
What about the Rokblokz didn't work? Was it just spacing of the holes? Something that could be drilled to work?

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
IMG_0339.jpeg

the Back were straight forward... Front's NOT so much. Started by making a template to cut the after marks flaps..
IMG_0341.jpeg

IMG_0342.jpeg

IMG_0344.jpeg

I then cut two strips of 18 GA sheet metal.. 1 1/2" wide b y 6" long
IMG_0349.jpeg

and used some brazier rivets to attach to the flaps

IMG_0359.jpeg

IMG_0362.jpeg

back side

IMG_0355.jpeg

Finished look
IMG_0363.jpeg
Looks great.

Only thing that bugs me is the overabundance of Ford, Ford, Ford, Ford.

Reminds me of..........

Synyster06Gates

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Man I have a set of the factory fronts from my 19 (never used) that FIT decently, I almost want to use the bottom screw and then 3M tape it to the flares.

Bt_ostate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Sales
What about the Rokblokz didn't work? Was it just spacing of the holes? Something that could be drilled to work?
Spacing and holes. And didn't want to drill for a make shift fix and with plastic parts. I'm going to try to find some higher quality that will work if anyone decides to make any for tremors.

Bt_ostate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Sales
Gatorback is looking into making a set for Tremors also, but have not been able to get access to one yet.

OP
OP
TBR17

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gatorback is looking into making a set for Tremors also, but have not been able to get access to one yet.
I was hoping with the slots for adjustment that the GBs would work. Has anyone tried to test fit a set?

McDeuce

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Food for thought.....

027.JPG
I ordered Go Rhino DSSs for our Tremor from Stage3. Should have them next week. I will post pictures.
Sponsored