First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant
My Ranger showed up 20 days early, and I was able to pick it up from the dealership on July 26th, so it was a great Friday. I will share pics of the truck and of my modifications to it as I go. It won't be anything crazy, but should be pretty clean and just the way I like it. I'll try to keep this mostly on the topic of the Ranger, but will also post why I traded in my 2017 TRD Pro Tacoma after only 2.5 years and 26k miles to get the new Ranger.

On to the Ranger. I ordered the truck just like this so I wasn't paying for stuff I didn't want, and was able to get all the things I did want. White Platinum paint, 501A package, FX4, and trailer tow package was all I wanted. It was damn near impossible to find a truck that did not have chrome bumpers or the sport package. Here's a pic of the Ranger the day I picked it up. I giggled at their little gifts they left on the passenger's seat, what a nice gesture.

IMG_7531.jpeg

IMG_7532.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
treimche

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Accountant
Check out that White Platinum paint in the sun! Pulled my little boat down to the lake right away too.

IMG_7533.jpeg

IMG_7534.jpeg

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
My Ranger showed up 20 days early, and I was able to pick it up from the dealership on July 26th, so it was a great Friday. I will share pics of the truck and of my modifications to it as I go. It won't be anything crazy, but should be pretty clean and just the way I like it. I'll try to keep this mostly on the topic of the Ranger, but will also post why I traded in my 2017 TRD Pro Tacoma after only 2.5 years and 26k miles to get the new Ranger.

On to the Ranger. I ordered the truck just like this so I wasn't paying for stuff I didn't want, and was able to get all the things I did want. White Platinum paint, 501A package, FX4, and trailer tow package was all I wanted. It was damn near impossible to find a truck that did not have chrome bumpers or the sport package. Here's a pic of the Ranger the day I picked it up. I giggled at their little gifts they left on the passenger's seat, what a nice gesture.

IMG_7531.jpeg

IMG_7532.jpeg
Yours is basically identical to mine except I got the stone seats rather than the ebony. I ordered for exactly the same reasons - I wanted to get exactly what I wanted and didn't want to pay for things I didn't want. I intend on keeping this truck for a number of years, just like my last Ranger, so it was important to get what I wanted. Thus far, after 4 months, I can't think of anything I'd change about the order. I'm very glad I got what I did.

I will be interested to hear your reasons for trading your Tacoma. My brother just traded his 2007 Tacoma for an XLT as well.

Nice looking truck! Congratulations!

OP
OP
treimche

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Accountant
Monday came, so I had to install the RCMustang auto up/down window module, tint the front windows, and wrap a couple interior parts with vinyl.

I took a few pics of the wiring and how I installed the window module. I de-pinned the connectors so I could solder and heat shrink the wires that need to be tapped, then Tesa tape on the harness so it looks all nice and OEM.

Front windows are tinted using Xpel Prime XR Black 20%. After tinting, the front windows meter at 19%, and the OEM rear windows are at 24%, so I'll probably add some Llumar Air 80 to the rear windows for heat rejection and to even out the look.

While I had the front door panels off, I used some 3M 1080 carbon fiber wrap vinyl to wrap the plastic parts of the door handles that come off. I foresee that plastic getting scratched up easily. I also did the small piece behind the door handle up top since those already had some marks on them. Haven't had time to do the rear doors yet, but will soon.

IMG_7567.jpeg

IMG_7568.jpeg

IMG_7569.jpeg

IMG_7571.jpeg

IMG_7589.jpeg

IMG_7590.jpeg

IMG_7591.jpeg

OP
OP
treimche

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Accountant
The next day I installed my RedArc Tow Pro Elite with the Lightforce switch fascia. I took a pic of where the trailer brake wires were since some people seem to have a tough time finding them. Just a note if you use this brake controller and switch fascia, you need a different RJ45 cable than what they give you. The ends on their cable are huge and interfere with something in the dash behind the switch fascia, so just grab a normal RJ45 cable and you'll be good to go. I mounted the brake controller to the back side of the driver's side fuse panel access cover.

Attached a pic of what I tow out to the track and back. DCT aluminum trailer with my 2005 S2000 that is turbo'd making 600HP.

IMG_7582.jpeg

IMG_7586.jpeg

IMG_7588.jpeg

IMG_7598.jpeg

IMG_7602.jpeg

OP
OP
treimche

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Accountant
Gave the Ranger a proper bath after towing to the track and back last weekend. Scrubbed all the bugs off and then went back and decontaminated the whole truck using Car Pro Iron X. You'd be amazed at how many iron deposits are all over the truck for being so new. You can see all the red/purple iron deposits being dissolved, and on the ground it basically turned dark red because there was so much that came off.

IMG_7650.jpeg

IMG_7651.jpeg

IMG_7654.jpeg

IMG_7655.jpeg

IMG_7656.jpeg

OP
OP
treimche

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Accountant
Added some nice LED puddle lights today. These are a super quick and easy upgrade from Amazon for like $17. Check the before and after pics, it is a huge difference and I don't really understand why they didn't use LEDs in the first place.
Pics ar as follows:
Stock puddle lights after being popped loose.
New puddle lights unboxed.
Stock puddle lights (left) vs new LEDs (right).
New LEDs connected and connectors heat shrinked.
Leds lit up in my shop with the lights off.
Stock puddles lit up in my shop with the lights off.

IMG_7685.jpeg

IMG_7684.jpeg

IMG_7686.jpeg

IMG_7687.jpeg

IMG_7689.jpeg

IMG_7683.jpeg

OP
OP
treimche

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Accountant
Also had to test fit a wheel/tire that I've had on my last 2 trucks. These are Konig Countersteer Offroads, 16x8 +0 offset. Tires are Toyo Open Country AT 305/70/16, so they're really wide. Looks like I'll have to install a lift, offset crash bars, and fender flares in order to run these on the Ranger.

IMG_7691.jpeg

IMG_7692.jpeg

tgRanger

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat, 1988 Mustang GT, 2013 Toyota Highlander Limited
Vehicle Showcase
Added some nice LED puddle lights today. These are a super quick and easy upgrade from Amazon for like $17. Check the before and after pics, it is a huge difference and I don't really understand why they didn't use LEDs in the first place.
Pics ar as follows:
Stock puddle lights after being popped loose.
New puddle lights unboxed.
Stock puddle lights (left) vs new LEDs (right).
New LEDs connected and connectors heat shrinked.
Leds lit up in my shop with the lights off.
Stock puddles lit up in my shop with the lights off.
I also Installed those same puddle lights on my truck, their very bright but one of mine the lens was separated from the capsule it just popped off, I had to superglue it. Also was a bit concerned with the open hole where the wires come out, even though it says waterproof if you notice behind your mirror that’s exactly where the puddle light sits and that hole, I can imagine a lot of water in that area during rain, car wash etc.

I though about shrink wrapping them but used electrical tape and tiny zip tie to keep them together instead, this way if they ever go south and I have to change them out it’ll be a piece of cake, esp if your using the adhesive type tube. Overall I think these are the best ones Amazon has to offer, their Cree not SMD. Hope they last or at least until Diode Dinamics or someone else makes a better pair.

OP
OP
treimche

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Accountant
Just installed a new Truxedo Sentry hard rolling tonneau cover on my Ranger today. I got this because I had a Truxedo Titanium cover on my last truck and loved it. The Sentry is similar, but better. The latches are better, and the whole cover is lower profile, plus the under side of the cover is black aluminum slats. I also installed a Bed Rug at the same time today. The Bed Rug and Sentry cover work perfect together. After washing or rain, I'll check to see if/how much water leaks into the bed. I did add some extra pieces of foam sealing tape in the front corners of the box to hopefully help keep the box dry.

IMG_7757.jpeg

IMG_7758.jpeg

IMG_7759.jpeg

IMG_7760.jpeg

808matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Sport Package, 2015 f450 Bucket Truck
IMG_7759.jpeg

IMG_7760.jpeg
[/QUOTE]

Just realized how bad the gap on the side of my tailgate is

OP
OP
treimche

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Accountant
Been really busy and forgot to add some more new changes from the summer. Back in August I threw in the Truxedo Expedition truck luggage cargo carrier in the box. Also added the LED strips underneath the tonneau cover side rails to light up the box. I wired that up to the cargo lamp switch so any time the rear cargo light is on, so are the box LEDs.

IMG_7797.jpeg

IMG_7799.jpeg

IMG_7800.jpeg

OP
OP
treimche

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Accountant
Also went a little crazy and blacked out some parts on the truck back in August. I love a white vehicle with a black roof, and decided to go ahead and do that. The roof, mirror caps, fender emblems, Raptor grille surround and letters are all gloss black with a bit of metallic mixed in. This isn't paint, vinyl, or plasti dip either. This is all done using Autoflex Express, which is a removable paint.

IMG_7793.jpeg

IMG_7792.jpeg

IMG_7787.jpeg

IMG_7802.jpeg

IMG_7805.jpeg

IMG_7803.jpeg

IMG_7804.jpeg

Last edited:

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
I’ve mentioned it before but I love what you’ve done with the black accents! How do you like the Truck Luggage storage? I have the bag that hangs in the back corner of the bed but I’m not a fan of it.
Sponsored