Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, Lariat, FX4, Shadow Black

BButah

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4 (Saber)
I am interested in seeing how skiers get their gear to the hill. With a 5' bed you can get skis in diagonally, but that does not seem too ideal. Putting a rack on a bed topper or going with the Yakima Overhaul are the only options I can think of, but then there is the concern about garage height clearance. If anyone has figured out other solutions, I would love to hear about them. thanks.
I just put them in diagonally. I have the full Bed Rug set up, they are protected from the salt & grime in the Utah canyons! (skis are 185cm)
IMG_6451.jpeg

coblueberryranger

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
IT Consultant
Vehicle Showcase
Heres my ski rack. I drilled some holes through my bed cover (had most of the yakima rack stuff from my last car), because I really didn't want to spend on upgrading to a retractable cover just to get a bed rack that would work. I'm definitely happy with how it came out.

IMG_20191206_150524.jpg

ToothRanger

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
D.D.S.
Vehicle Showcase
Heres my ski rack. I drilled some holes through my bed cover (had most of the yakima rack stuff from my last car), because I really didn't want to spend on upgrading to a retractable cover just to get a bed rack that would work. I'm definitely happy with how it came out.

IMG_20191206_150524.jpg
What length are you riding on?? My 164's would be hanging off the back of that setup. It looks nice and clean though. Less aerodynamic resistance when it's riding low like that.

coblueberryranger

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
IT Consultant
Vehicle Showcase
What length are you riding on?? My 164's would be hanging off the back of that setup. It looks nice and clean though. Less aerodynamic resistance when it's riding low like that.
I've got 180s and they honestly don't stick that far off the back at all. At least that little bit doesn't seem too much to me.

IMG_20191206_180658.jpg

ToothRanger

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
D.D.S.
Vehicle Showcase
I've got 180s and they honestly don't stick that far off the back at all. At least that little bit doesn't seem too much to me.

IMG_20191206_180658.jpg
Nice! That's way better than I expected, because we have a 5 foot bed (152.4 cm). I guess I never considered the curve of the tip. :inspect:

coblueberryranger

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
IT Consultant
Vehicle Showcase
Nice! That's way better than I expected, because we have a 5 foot bed (152.4 cm). I guess I never considered the curve of the tip. :inspect:
Yep! I may just even lay them flat and have both tips facing down.

Aliby

First Name
Alistair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat FX4, Tow package, Magnet with Black Sports package

IMG_20191206_150524.jpg
Looks really slick. Are you able to open the Gator cover?

DavidR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Supercab Saber FX4
Occupation
Engineer
There are some pretty awesome setups here, thanks for sharing! I have to admit, though, when it comes to skis, I'm pretty much a "toss 'em in the back" person, though I do have the 6' bed. I'm definitely starting to think about how I'll carry kayaks in the spring, though, so I'm noting all of the cool setups here.
saber_snow.jpg

Last edited:

Tulumben

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Bed Rug set up
That's a cargo box in the back there, right? If that wasn't there, I assume there would be more room to fit the skis? Looks like it just barely fits. I have about the same size skis and trying to figure out if the 5 foot bed is big enough.

BButah

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's a cargo box in the back there, right? If that wasn't there, I assume there would be more room to fit the skis? Looks like it just barely fits. I have about the same size skis and trying to figure out if the 5 foot bed is big enough.
Yep. It keeps all my "truck stuff" contained and if I needed to, it's on rollers so it pulls out real easily.

As a point of reference.... this past winter I had 3pr of skis stuffed in there at a diagonal with the cargo box still in. Boots and bags back there too!

For me, the 5' bed is plenty big.

Cheers!
?

Tulumben

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Yep. It keeps all my "truck stuff" contained and if I needed to, it's on rollers so it pulls out real easily.

As a point of reference.... this past winter I had 3pr of skis stuffed in there at a diagonal with the cargo box still in. Boots and bags back there too!

For me, the 5' bed is plenty big.

Cheers!
?
Thanks for the info. Is that 3x pairs of skis side by side or on top of each other? I'd definitely prefer a 6 foot bed but definitely need the crew cab, and if I can get away with the 5 foot bed that would be ok since having the shorter wheelbase would be a positive (vs. a hypothetical longer wheelbase crew cab + long bed). Might wait until the 6G Ranger is announced to see if they have the crew + long bed option... probably just wishful thinking. Planning on using the truck mainly for skiing and mountain biking (in addition to it being a daily driver family vehicle).

BButah

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the info. Is that 3x pairs of skis side by side or on top of each other? I'd definitely prefer a 6 foot bed but definitely need the crew cab, and if I can get away with the 5 foot bed that would be ok since having the shorter wheelbase would be a positive (vs. a hypothetical longer wheelbase crew cab + long bed). Might wait until the 6G Ranger is announced to see if they have the crew + long bed option... probably just wishful thinking. Planning on using the truck mainly for skiing and mountain biking (in addition to it being a daily driver family vehicle).
They were stacked and in ski bags. I think if I removed the storage box, there was room for more pairs.

FWIW.... a crew cab with a 6’ bed wouldn’t fit well in my garage set up.

I have the Kuat NV 2.0 rack for our bikes.... got the towing package just for the receiver as I doubt I’ll ever tow anything :wink:

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger xl stx