Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
IT Consultant
Vehicle Showcase
my "TSB" didn't wear off, the truck rode 100% like a bucking bronco no matter the temperature before. Now it's literally one jerk only when it's cold out. Maybe the trans is low on fluid from the factory and it takes a min for it to refill the TC.
Right sorry just meant mine has felt like it worn off. Was the same way before it and a month after it though, such a PITA
Sponsored

Michael Bailey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4, 2017 Escape SE 2.0 4x4, 1974 Norton Commando 850, 1967 Norton P11 750
Occupation
Trout Fisher, Layabout, US Army SGM (Ret)
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Guys,

Wondering if any of you noticed the transmission being slow to do its thing when you first start the car for the day. I've noticed the last 2 weeks whenever I first throw it into reverse to back out of parking spot it takes a good 2seconds to start moving backwards, and then about the same when i pull it back to drive.

It almost feels like a bad torque converter in the idea that i can give it throttle and nothing happens, or at least isnt as responsive as it normally is.

Wondering if any of you have anything similar to this, or an idea of what it could be so i could check it out.
Two seconds? Mine has a slight delay, nowhere near two seconds. I would ask the dealer about it to at least get them to type it into the record

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
I don't know how this 10-speed works, but...

I had a '94 Jeep Grand Cherokee with a 4.0L and 42RE tranny. After sitting overnight then shifting to R or D, it would hesitate a few seconds before moving.

Problem is, while sitting fluid drains out of the TC, plus the pump does not run in Park. So letting it warm up in Park didn't help. Company issued a TSB to add a check valve in a cooler line to prevent the draining. I always shifted to N first for 10-15 seconds to pump the TC full, then the first shift was smooth.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know how this 10-speed works, but...

I had a '94 Jeep Grand Cherokee with a 4.0L and 42RE tranny. After sitting overnight then shifting to R or D, it would hesitate a few seconds before moving.

Problem is, while sitting fluid drains out of the TC, plus the pump does not run in Park. So letting it warm up in Park didn't help. Company issued a TSB to add a check valve in a cooler line to prevent the draining. I always shifted to N first for 10-15 seconds to pump the TC full, then the first shift was smooth.
That is interesting - I may try this out on a cold morning. I love this 10 speed, but on cold mornings I usually get the ONE weird/hard shift when starting out. I don't worry about it too much, but it would be nice to not have even the one. The trans shifts SO smoothly otherwise. I think the 10 speed is an engineering marvel, honestly.
Sponsored