Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Substation Electrician
:mad:
900 miles in and Jolene ('21 Tremor) is at the dealership for a transmission fluid leak. It was not a small amount of fluid either. I crawled under the truck and was sick to my stomach at the amount of fluid on the undercarriage. The pic shows the fluid after sitting for around an hour. I hope my local dealer can get her fixed up. I'll keep you posted.
IMG_20210412_184726_01.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
RunBeerFish

RunBeerFish

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Substation Electrician
i half expected to see a trail of fluid running into the storm sewer with a fish painted on it and Greenpeace protestors marching your street

thats probably just a little excess vented out
That's what I'm hoping. I cleaned up more in the garage and used a towel to clean up a ton on the undercarriage.

OP
OP
RunBeerFish

RunBeerFish

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Substation Electrician
I looked at the spot that I was parking in at work. That's quite a bit of tranny fluid. The truck is still at the dealership. Hopefully they can look at it tomorrow. Until then, I'm in a 2wd Ranger XLT. I want my Tremor back!

IMG_20210414_052839.jpg

OP
OP
RunBeerFish

RunBeerFish

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Substation Electrician
Dealership finally got to look at it. There is a transmission leak between the tranny and transfer case. They need to take things apart to find why/where it's leaking.

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Dealership finally got to look at it. There is a transmission leak between the tranny and transfer case. They need to take things apart to find why/where it's leaking.
That really sucks. Hope it's a quick fix and you're back to Tremoring soon.

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD

Ouch that sucks that they got to take apart stuff on your brand new truck. Been there done that.

When I bought my 2002 Ranger new the clutch started chattering after 2 days, Dealer had to drop the transmission and replace the pressure plate all with 275 miles on the odometer lol

OP
OP
RunBeerFish

RunBeerFish

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Substation Electrician
Ouch that sucks that they got to take apart stuff on your brand new truck. Been there done that.

When I bought my 2002 Ranger new the clutch started chattering after 2 days, Dealer had to drop the transmission and replace the pressure plate all with 275 miles on the odometer lol
Makes you kind of ?

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Makes you kind of ?
When I bought my Ram back in 02 they had to cut a hole in the floor of my new truck to replace my transmission. That made me ? for sure.

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
When I bought my Ram back in 02 they had to cut a hole in the floor of my new truck to replace my transmission. That made me ? for sure.
seems like a ass backwards way to replace a transmission did they remove it from the passenger compartment or something ? must be a Ram thing

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
seems like a ass backwards way to replace a transmission did they remove it from the passenger compartment or something ? must be a Ram thing
They didn't tell me that up front, but I noticed the raised up plate they put on the center hump to cover the 12x12inch hole they cut in the floor of my truck. Service writer told me that's what their service manual told them to do...
I'll be damned if that truck didn't run flawlessly for 100k miles with normal maintenance after that but it was one hell of an experience.

OP
OP
RunBeerFish

RunBeerFish

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Substation Electrician
Well, the dealership finally got around to looking at it. They are saying that the transmission output shaft seal is bad. Parts arrived yesterday and I should have my truck tomorrow. They better clean the undercarriage very well, or I'm going to give it right back to clean it again.