OP

jtzako

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger XLT Tremor
I ended up getting ahold of some ULV and added enough to get it into the right range. It seems to have also quieted the loud whining that was coming from the bottom of the engine bay.

I also tested with the B&M dipstick and before I added fluid, there was NO fluid on that dipstick. Now I get enough on there to call it good.
Sponsored

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
sad so many left ford low on fluid. no wonder the hate for the 10r80 lol it may be a decent transmission if ford would have put the damn fluid in correctly lol.

Tcarter

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Supercab
Occupation
Retired
I'm doing some checks on my new 2023 Ranger and wanted to make sure the transmission fluid is correct. It is on the diamond 2nd from the bottom. (between 5 and 6). This is with the engine running and up to temperature and on a fairly level surface.

Isnt that a bit low? If so, is there a specific fluid I need to add? (not remotely close to a dealership or I'd go there). I see it is 'Mercon ULV' but nobody around here seems to sell that. Not sure if there is an equivalent that works.
2020 SC FX2. 11, 700 miles. My dealer told me they can't check fluid due to sealed for life nature of the tranny which I now know is bs after reading this forum. My tranny seems sometimes to skip or search for gears. Usually around 2-4th. I plan to talk to the service Mgr on next oil change in Sept. SINCE I am concerned with it coming from the factory with low levels. How can you be sure they check it and don't bs you? If I would have known this was an issue I would have insisted it be checked when I purchased the truck before signing. Not much of a mechanic type guy and certainly don't want to get burned with up to temp check. Thx for the help!

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
2020 SC FX2. 11, 700 miles. My dealer told me they can't check fluid due to sealed for life nature of the tranny which I now know is bs after reading this forum. My tranny seems sometimes to skip or search for gears. Usually around 2-4th. I plan to talk to the service Mgr on next oil change in Sept. SINCE I am concerned with it coming from the factory with low levels. How can you be sure they check it and don't bs you? If I would have known this was an issue I would have insisted it be checked when I purchased the truck before signing. Not much of a mechanic type guy and certainly don't want to get burned with up to temp check. Thx for the help!
Can't prove they checked the level but at least you'll know they took the cap off...

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse2.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.jpg

Tcarter

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Supercab
Occupation
Retired
Can't prove they checked the level but at least you'll know they took the cap off...

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse2.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.jpg
Thx. So is that already on the bolt? I thought there was a short dipstick for checking fluid level per other posts.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase

Swede726

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Supercab Sport
Occupation
Self Employed
I found a pair of 11 inch 90 degree bent needle nose make checking the fluid easy. Just reach up with these to grab the dipstick.

Screenshot_20230726_171717_Chrome.jpg
Sponsored