First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Base
Occupation
Shop Manager
I went through this 4 months ago.. from lots of research and talking to other Ranger owners.. your truck is not wired for a brake controller. I have a XL 4x4 no tow package and I wired it all up and it works great. But yes it sucks having to run all the wiring.
Sponsored

MTB-BRUH

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Base
Occupation
Shop Manager
Your post made me curious to look for my brake control wires. Here are pictures where mine were located Lariat without a tow package built 06/08/19. Found the wires neatly taped to another bundle with two strips of blue tape. The first picture I removed the lower piece of tape the top is still present. The 4 wires are bent back under the tape.

IMG_1977.jpg
This is interesting because I took my whole truck apart trying to find these wires as well and they definitely aren’t where yours are.. if my truck has them then I have no idea where they are.

DrSafety

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Electric Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for showing me a picture of yours. Unfortunately I have ALL my tape removed. They just arent there for some reason. Ive probably spent a good 2 hours on my back sifting through every single wire and making sure it leads somewhere.
I looked at your picture as well and didn't see anything remotely similar to what I found under my dash. I agree it appears they are not there.

This is interesting because I took my whole truck apart trying to find these wires as well and they definitely aren’t where yours are.. if my truck has them then I have no idea where they are.
I think the difference might be the trim level. I have a Lariat without a tow package. I believe others have found the wires in the XLTs without the tow package but after your and AirborneRanger's experience, it appears the brake control wires are not present on the XL trim level. Which is definitely a bummer

OP
OP

AirborneRanger

First Name
Wil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Cobra SCJ, 19 Ranger FX4
Occupation
11B4V
Thanks for the input guys, that's sucks that it's nonexistent, but atleast I can stop looking. I wonder why I have a trailer brake control module but no trailer brake control wires?

MTB-BRUH

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Base
Occupation
Shop Manager
Thanks for the input guys, that's sucks that it's nonexistent, but atleast I can stop looking. I wonder why I have a trailer brake control module but no trailer brake control wires?
What do you mean? No Ranger comes with a brake controller of any kind

MTB-BRUH

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Base
Occupation
Shop Manager
I mounted mine here.. it was tight but I wanted a clean look

91C821D2-455F-4530-805F-CF7CA42AD300.png

OP
OP

AirborneRanger

First Name
Wil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
11B4V
I was told by the parts department that my truck has this specific module. He had to check my vin to make sure.

ausable

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2018 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
That module would appear to be for the F-150. Quick search on Google.

ausable

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2018 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
I did find the four wires in the bundle by the left kick panel. The early builds had a Green wire, while later builds were made industry standard with Blue. (both blue and green versions shown below) The butt connecting is easy work, but the constraints of working in such a confined areas was a PITA. Anyhow, all done. I used 3M Command strips, no screws or bracket to mount the controller. Easily accessible, yet out of the way. Our truck came with tow package, but the brake controller is not included.

IMG_3751.jpg

Photo Feb 21, 1 55 33 AM.jpg

IMG_2589 2.JPG

OP
OP

AirborneRanger

First Name
Wil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
11B4V
That module would appear to be for the F-150. Quick search on Google.
Yeah that's what I did as well. The parts guy told me that was the specific item number. I kept saying its for a f150 while we were on the phone but he kept insisting it was for the ranger.

tombdmot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 2x4
I have a build date of 9/23/19 and found the wires right away, taped up near the firewall. Each with a black plastic end cap. No tow package included, but I am having one installed. Now I just need to figure out which wires go to each color of the pigtail for my controller.

MTB-BRUH

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Base
Occupation
Shop Manager
I have a build date of 9/23/19 and found the wires right away, taped up near the firewall. Each with a black plastic end cap. No tow package included, but I am having one installed. Now I just need to figure out which wires go to each color of the pigtail for my controller.
Huh, must be a XL thing to not have it