First Name
Wil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Cobra SCJ, 19 Ranger FX4
Occupation
11B4V
Gents, I have read through almost every thread on here stating that the trailer brake control wiring is in the left kick panel. I cant seem to find it. I have traced every wire and none end up in pigtails. I have the dash completely apart and searched in other areas as well. I have a build date that is pretty recent so i am wondering if it has changed from the earlier build models. Does anybody else have this problem?
Sponsored

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
Gents, I have read through almost every thread on here stating that the trailer brake control wiring is in the left kick panel. I cant seem to find it. I have traced every wire and none end up in pigtails. I have the dash completely apart and searched in other areas as well. I have a build date that is pretty recent so i am wondering if it has changed from the earlier build models. Does anybody else have this problem?
Could you show us some pics of the wire bundle that comes through the firewall into the footwell and up to the cab fuse panel?

Similar to this one, they are 4 loose wires, it's not into a pigtail connector.

ac51de76-4fbf-4ca0-949e-0bd02345646b-jpeg.jpg

OP
OP

AirborneRanger

First Name
Wil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
11B4V
Could you show us some pics of the wire bundle that comes through the firewall into the footwell and up to the cab fuse panel?

Similar to this one.

ac51de76-4fbf-4ca0-949e-0bd02345646b-jpeg.jpg
Sure thing. There is no solid blue wire or black/green. There is a purple/white wire but it leads to something else. There is also some wires that are spliced together already but I'm not really sure where they lead. Every wire looks like it has a purpose here.

20191129_130953.jpg

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Sure thing. There is no solid blue wire or black/green. There is a purple/white wire but it leads to something else. There is also some wires that are spliced together already but I'm not really sure where they lead. Every wire looks like it has a purpose here.

20191129_130953.jpg
did you order the tow package?

OP
OP

AirborneRanger

First Name
Wil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
11B4V
I did not. I was reading on another thread that even if you dont have the tow package these wires still exist.

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I did not. I was reading on another thread that even if you dont have the tow package these wires still exist.
Maybe they stopped pre-installing them. I'd check w/ your dealer and find out for sure.

OP
OP

AirborneRanger

First Name
Wil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
11B4V
This is not good. I have a 4k lb car i need to pull in the next few months.

OP
OP

AirborneRanger

First Name
Wil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
11B4V
Just talked to a ford rep. He said there might actually be a plug in now for a brake controller and told me to start searching for it instead of the 4 wires. Has anybody heard of them swapping over to an actual plug in?

AZLightning

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 Kawasaki Versys 650
Have you checked the back of the trailer plug on the bumper to see if the wiring is there?

OP
OP

AirborneRanger

First Name
Wil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
11B4V
Yes, it's there. I forgot to mention that I do not have the tow package. I called ford and gave them the last 8 of my vin and they said I do have the trailer brake control module. I just cant find these damn wires. Ive almost unwrapped the entire wire harness. Theres literally no electric tape left around it.

AZLightning

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 Kawasaki Versys 650
Anything look like this would plug into it? This is the factory plug on older fords otherwise try and trace wires from back of truck to the front.

20191129_163437.jpg

OP
OP

AirborneRanger

First Name
Wil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
11B4V
I havent seen anything that looks close to that. If I cant find it before Sunday ill just take it to ford.

DrSafety

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Electric Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Your post made me curious to look for my brake control wires. Here are pictures where mine were located Lariat without a tow package built 06/08/19. Found the wires neatly taped to another bundle with two strips of blue tape. The first picture I removed the lower piece of tape the top is still present. The 4 wires are bent back under the tape.

IMG_1977.jpg

OP
OP

AirborneRanger

First Name
Wil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
11B4V
Your post made me curious to look for my brake control wires. Here are pictures where mine were located Lariat without a tow package built 06/08/19. Found the wires neatly taped to another bundle with two strips of blue tape. The first picture I removed the lower piece of tape the top is still present. The 4 wires are bent back under the tape.

IMG_1977.jpg
Thank you for showing me a picture of yours. Unfortunately I have ALL my tape removed. They just arent there for some reason. Ive probably spent a good 2 hours on my back sifting through every single wire and making sure it leads somewhere.
Sponsored