OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
I know all cars are a depreciating asset, but the bottom really fell out on this one.
I got $30,000 on my 2019 XLT trade-in with less than 19,000 miles on it. To be fair I left about $2,000 in various doo-dads on it, but the dealership gave me that same face value back on them. So 0% loss on after-market parts (kind of odd really). So I guess really the trade in was about $28,000.

Paid $34,000 (roughly) brand new.

It may be your local economy doesn't have the demand, not that it isn't there in the over-all picture.
Sponsored

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
IMG_4971.jpeg
Well guys I bid you farewell. My son is away on business and left his 2022 hybrid maverick with me and I fell in love with it. So much so that I couldn’t pass up the gas mileage and ride quality. So after an exhausting search and a 250 mile round trip I’m now the proud owner of a new 2023 XLT Maverick Hybrid as well. Got it at msrp (a small miracle) and they gave me 27k for my 2021 2wd ranger xlt.
You guys have been a big help while I was a Ranger owner but all good things come to an end. Have fun boys and girls.
Very nice!

Sky Soldier

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger FX4
Occupation
Retired
I get that. I’ve literally never towed anything in my life heavier than a 10 ft Jon boat with a trolling motor so the Mav works for me.
I liked my Ranger. I really did. But my transmission was always clunking around searching for gears, I had to replace the battery at 15k miles, the heating/cooling not having knobs bugged me as I was always either searching around with my finger for the right button or had to do it thru the radio which got on my nerves as I always run google maps on it thru CarPlay, and my door was misaligned at delivery and I didn’t notice it til I got home and that cost me 2 weeks without it a week after I bought it. Little things just eventually just caught up to me.
Understood. Regardless, I’ve always had good luck with Fords.
Go Army
James

pbethel

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2016 Ford t250 Transit
Occupation
retired
I traded in my Ranger today too, a well-equipped model that looked good IMHO... but what a saga. After six weeks for sale with zero inquiries, I had to consider a trade-in. Worked with several dealers, but most would only offer low 20's or flat-out declined to take it. Found one willing to take it as equipped with racks and awning (the buyer was into camping etc) but six hours away. I departed immediately and left with a Tacoma, my fifth. Farewell to transmission roulette, non-functioning climate control, an engine that sounds like a lawn mower, and a comm system that refused to recognize my iPhone daily. I know all cars are a depreciating asset, but the bottom really fell out on this one.
DSC06937.jpg
Have to agree with OFC Ranger.
In this area if dealers get a Ranger in trade this weekend they will have sold it by next weekend.
At high bluebook or better asking price.

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
I traded in my Ranger today too, a well-equipped model that looked good IMHO... but what a saga. After six weeks for sale with zero inquiries, I had to consider a trade-in. Worked with several dealers, but most would only offer low 20's or flat-out declined to take it. Found one willing to take it as equipped with racks and awning (the buyer was into camping etc) but six hours away. I departed immediately and left with a Tacoma, my fifth. Farewell to transmission roulette, non-functioning climate control, an engine that sounds like a lawn mower, and a comm system that refused to recognize my iPhone daily. I know all cars are a depreciating asset, but the bottom really fell out on this one.
DSC06937.jpg
Sounds like you put a lot of money into something you didn't really like. Good luck with your new money pit. :like:

SFB

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Crew XLT Sport Black on Black with Magnetic trim, package 302A
Vehicle Showcase
How does the cvt transmission feel in the maverick? The last time I drove something with a cvt (an older nissan), it was awful.
Maverick is an ECVT, completely different, the design is very simple and reliable.

MaxE731

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4
Occupation
Maintenance Technician
The dealership gave you 27k for your 2WD XLT? Wow! I didn't realize they were worth that much used.

Also, congrats on scoring that Maverick at MSRP!
Trucks are holding value. My 2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 brought $24K at an off-brand dealership on Friday.

MaxE731

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4
Occupation
Maintenance Technician
Fine so far. I don’t notice anything. My Ranger always clunked around trying to find the right gear so it’s been nice not having that happen.
This is my second cvt vehicle. My college freshman daughter has a 23 Mitsubishi Mirage g4 and I toot around town in it a bit here and there and so far it’s been pretty great. If I never had to get on the highway I’d have bought a hatchback mirage but the whopping 72ish horse power that thing has wouldn’t haul my fat butt up an on ramp.
I can relate to the transmission issue. Mine was clunking and jerking pretty badly at lower speeds. That's the main reason I traded mine in on Friday. Wanted to get rid of it before then powertrain warranty ran out in February. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Crow_of_judgement

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 ranger screw lariat
Occupation
Parks and recreation maintenance
Maverick is an ECVT, completely different, the design is very simple and reliable.
Interesting, I'll have to do some Googlefu on them.

SFB

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting, I'll have to do some Googlefu on them.
Check out Weber Automotive Institute, they have a Youtube channel, its a school and they did a teardown of both the Toyota and Ford ECVT drive trains. I didn't realize that Ford has been doing this since 2005 ish! Toyota and Ford's ECVT''s are extremely similar because they used basically the same unit that came from Isin, not sure if that is spelled right. Because you are using an electric motor to start the car from a stop you don't need a regular tranny because of the torque the electric motor has. I'm getting too wordy here. Check out their videos on this, its very interesting.

kendive

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ranger Lariat Tech Pkg Tremor
I test drove several Taco's before I bought the Ranger. I thought the Taco's where crap no power at all. I would hate having to tow with one. Maybe the new ones if they put a turbo charged engine in them they would be ok. Like I said If I did not need a truck I would have bought another Rav4 Hybrid.

I remember looking at alot of utube vids of the different smaller trucks and recall a comment of a lady saying she loved her Taco. LOL I could not stop laughing. You can't make this stuff up.

:)

SFB

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I test drove several Taco's before I bought the Ranger. I thought the Taco's where crap no power at all. I would hate having to tow with one. Maybe the new ones if they put a turbo charged engine in them they would be ok. Like I said If I did not need a truck I would have bought another Rav4 Hybrid.

I remember looking at alot of utube vids of the different smaller trucks and recall a comment of a lady saying she loved her Taco. LOL I could not stop laughing. You can't make this stuff up.

:)
So true, I have a Ranger and my wife does in fact drive a, yup you guessed it a Taco! 🤣

Mtnbikes

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
I too test drove the 23’ Tacomas. I felt they were built well, however very outdated (rear drum brakes.) What caused me to say no was the underpowered engine and sub 1000lbs payload.
My Ranger has been flawless too. It amazes me all the people having issues. It’s a great midsize truck.