jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SR5 access cab, 98 Civic ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Occupation
professional anime watcher!
Vehicle Showcase
I've been having noticable transmission issues for a while. Only 36,000 on my 2019 XLT. I've been eyeing the 2024 Tacoma pretty hard in case the dealer can't get this straightened out. I love my truck otherwise.
hopefully yours wont have issues like mine or the others who actually had work done on the trans or replaced!
the next gen tacoma in my opinion is ugly but i also prefer the 12-15 body style lol

i also wouldnt buy the first year of anything tbh... could be good or could be bad so id wait and see first.
Sponsored

MaxE731

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4
Occupation
Maintenance Technician
hopefully yours wont have issues like mine or the others who actually had work done on the trans or replaced!
the next gen tacoma in my opinion is ugly but i also prefer the 12-15 body style lol

i also wouldnt buy the first year of anything tbh... could be good or could be bad so id wait and see first.
Yeah, I questioned buying the "new" Ranger first year out, but figured they probably had the quirks worked out as they built them for so many years in Australia. Who knew? A large percentage of used trucks for sale on CarGurus are newer Rangers... not a great sign. I really don't have the money to trade, so hopefully the dealer can get me squared away.

dano42

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Ranger Lariat Tremor, 2018 BMW X5
Occupation
Retired!
Yeah, I questioned buying the "new" Ranger first year out, but figured they probably had the quirks worked out as they built them for so many years in Australia. Who knew? A large percentage of used trucks for sale on CarGurus are newer Rangers... not a great sign. I really don't have the money to trade, so hopefully the dealer can get me squared away.

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SR5 access cab, 98 Civic ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Occupation
professional anime watcher!
Vehicle Showcase
hopefully so man i jumped ship once i started having issues and i still had value in my truck and before it became wide spread that they had problems.

MaxE731

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4
Occupation
Maintenance Technician
hopefully so man i jumped ship once i started having issues and i still had value in my truck and before it became wide spread that they had problems.
I just did the same thing yesterday. I decided to cut my losses before my drivetrain warranty ran out in a couple of months. Traded for a new Nissan Frontier Pro-4X. OMG.. I love it! Drives and handles like a bigger truck. Got a decent trade-in value.

PXL_20231110_201900241.jpg

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
I just did the same thing yesterday. I decided to cut my losses before my drivetrain warranty ran out in a couple of months. Traded for a new Nissan Frontier Pro-4X. OMG.. I love it! Drives and handles like a bigger truck. Got a decent trade-in value.

PXL_20231110_201900241.jpg
Nice!
I don't not like that, actually...except for the sunroof thingy.
I see they've fixed that hood gap.
Glad you like your new ride. Be sure to pop back in after you've driven it a bit, as you know we all like to see real world comparisons.