TPMS OEM MODEL

MotoWojo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Well shoot, the FoMoGo TPMS 42s are not working for me. The tire place was able to get pressure readings from 2 of the sensors, but the other 2 seem dead. I guess I will be contacting the seller. I also tried resetting them at home the letting the air out" method without luck.
Sponsored

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant
Well shoot, the FoMoGo TPMS 42s are not working for me. The tire place was able to get pressure readings from 2 of the sensors, but the other 2 seem dead. I guess I will be contacting the seller. I also tried resetting them at home the letting the air out" method without luck.
If the sensors weren't programmed to your Ranger, the "letting the air out" method won't work. That's only so the vehicle knows which sensor moved where after a tire rotation. It is a different procedure to program them to the vehicle.

MotoWojo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
If the sensors weren't programmed to your Ranger, the "letting the air out" method won't work. That's only so the vehicle knows which sensor moved where after a tire rotation. It is a different procedure to program them to the vehicle.
I was thinking that, but it was a last ditch effort after the tire place couldn't get 2 of them to program or even get a reaction from them. I am guessing 2 are bad?

OP
OP
jerrywin

jerrywin

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Sport supercrew
bummer ... mine seem to be working ok. have had them running for a week or 2 now.

MotoWojo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

Jake596

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT/2013 F-150/1976 F250
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I went and purchased this little gem from Amazon, got it next day from Amazon prime for $15:

https://www.amazon.com/Programming-...ds=ford+tpms+reset+tool&qid=1584123130&sr=8-3

I figured it probably wouldn't work, but I'll be damned, took me only a couple minutes and all 4 sensors responded and are working correctly.:LOL: So much for the fancy hand held computer thingy the tire place had?
right on, good for you now you dont have to deal with the tire shop and a new tool is a victory every time

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
Hope this helps someone, I ordered 5 of these for my wheel/tire upgrade so I could keep my stock XLT wheels as is with the stock TPMS for re-sale. The new ones worked as programmed from the seller with zero issues and no need for me to do anything, On the package it was hand written, 'programmed for 2019 ranger'. Never got a CEL or TPMS light....
https://www.tpms.com/Ford_Lincoln_Schrader_33500_EZ_Sensor_TPMS_Sensor_p/ezs0280.htm
@Jake596 Thanks for the link !!! Just ordered mine and got the new black Schrader valves today ! A little more than the eBay ones, but sounds like they are worth the extra $$ :thumbsup:

OP
OP
jerrywin

jerrywin

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bummer ... mine seem to be working ok. have had them running for a week or 2 now.
well, the cheap ones just died - probably cheap because of old batteries - after less than a year and only a couple months on the truck last year.

Washashore

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SCab Lariat 4x4
OP
OP
jerrywin

jerrywin

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
well, the cheap ones just died - probably cheap because of old batteries - after less than a year and only a couple months on the truck last year.
Not sure what's up, but They have come back. Suddenly, I am not getting the warning notice and light, and I can see they are all equally filled. ???

dapakattack

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x4
Hope this helps someone, I ordered 5 of these for my wheel/tire upgrade so I could keep my stock XLT wheels as is with the stock TPMS for re-sale. The new ones worked as programmed from the seller with zero issues and no need for me to do anything, On the package it was hand written, 'programmed for 2019 ranger'. Never got a CEL or TPMS light....
https://www.tpms.com/Ford_Lincoln_Schrader_33500_EZ_Sensor_TPMS_Sensor_p/ezs0280.htm
I want to thank Jake for posting this. Went to tpms.com and ordered one from them as I bought a 5th rim and exact Dueller OEM tire (Wal-Mart had it on clearance for $105) to use as part of the 5 tire rotation. Sensor was programmed by TPMS.com and worked flawlessly (put the new tire on the passenger rear aired up temporarily to 38psi just to verify). After a few miles of driving, the display read that tire pressure correctly. Finished the rotation of the other tires.

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant
I can confirm that these TPMS42 "FoMoGo" sensors from eBay work properly. I swapped them out this weekend, then used a cheap TPMS programming tool to program them today. So far all are working properly. I had to follow the instructions included with the TPMS programming tool, and not the instructions in the owners manual, in order to get the truck into programming mode for new sensors. Links and pics here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/283738112480

AEFD76F7-2C45-45C2-8577-50E3AD69FAD2.jpeg

FC8EEC67-8826-49C7-BCEB-82D51C6613ED.jpeg

5AAAF1A2-DB5D-4D26-8E53-BBFF7360F5D0.jpeg
AAAAAAAAAND they died. 3 of the 4 "FoMoGo" TPMS sensors I installed have died in 2 years. I was thinking maybe it was due to our insanely cold winter, but it seems as though others have also had bad luck with this junk. When I pull them out to install actual OEM Ford sensors I'm going to see if there's a way to replace the batteries in them just for the hell of it. So annoying.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
AAAAAAAAAND they died. 3 of the 4 "FoMoGo" TPMS sensors I installed have died in 2 years. I was thinking maybe it was due to our insanely cold winter, but it seems as though others have also had bad luck with this junk. When I pull them out to install actual OEM Ford sensors I'm going to see if there's a way to replace the batteries in them just for the hell of it. So annoying.
I bought these almost 90K miles ago...never needed to program them after two sets of tires and multiple rotations...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H2977YY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

MotoWojo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Yup, junk, 2 of 4 for me, have died after about 2 years also.

mailbox4449

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure yet
Pardon my "inexperience" in this matter as I do not have my Ranger yet. But, is there a way to totally eliminate the TPMS reading in the vehicle all together? (ie. once the TPMS sensor batteries die, just eliminate the vehicle from reading/error code??) Forscan??
Sponsored