First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
I have owned 5 Fords and 2 Mopars with TPMS. All have relearned the tire position after rotating and have also relearned the different sensors when swapping between summer and winter tires.

When I got my 15 Mustang in January 15 I had my son mount winter tires on some rims I had picked up. Sensors for it were on back order so I went without. Interestingly I would get a TPMS fault indicator on the dash but after parking the car in the garage it would pick up the sensors of the tires stacked in the corner with the car off. In the spring after I had taken the winters off I had my son install sensors. When I put the winters back on that fall it picked them up with in a mile or two of driving.

My son manages a tire and service center and he told me there are a few vehicles that have to have the sensor recalibrated after rotation or replacement of the sensor but they are few and far between.
Sponsored

JCMAC

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, Sport Pack
Occupation
Retired Systems Analyst
The TPMS sensors are location specific. If you rotate your tires you will have to reprogram the sensors to their new location on your truck.
I have changed complete sets of tires for winter and the 2019 version of tpms reads the tire present and nothing is required. Have never had to reset tpms.
Sponsored