jerrywin

jerrywin

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Sport supercrew
I just received these senors TPMS42 from the seller you posted. I ordered them this past weekend. They are all in sealed Motorcraft bags, but I am thinking they are Knockoffs as they have a FoMoGo mark on them and I believe it should be FoMoCo?

TPMS42.jpg
that would 'splain the price ... if they work though, i'm ok with that. mine won't arrive till midweek; I'll compare notes.

OP
OP
jerrywin

jerrywin

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
that would 'splain the price ... if they work though, i'm ok with that. mine won't arrive till midweek; I'll compare notes.
Got mine today. Looks like it's consistent with what you found: FOMOGO on mine as well. Looks like they are made in the UK, if you can believe the packaging - they spell it tyre. There is supposed to be some kind of date markings too, i think, but I'm not sure where to find that or how to read it if in fact I did find it.

OP
OP
jerrywin

jerrywin

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Let us know how these work out as a combination. And could you get the measurements of the valve stem hole and countersink on your wheel and the size of the valve stem portion that goes into the wheel ? :thumbsup: I'd like to get solid valve stems to go with my new wheels when I get them and it's waaay cheaper to buy your own sensors and real valve stems. DT and Fleet Farm want $45 per sensor :shock:
Thanks !!!!!!!
Don't know the countersink, and didn't think to measure valve stem. Did remember to measure hole size ... but there I did not have calipers to measure with. So, best I could figure with a tape measure was about 7/8" on the hole diameter.

The Schrader 34000 aluminum stems did work with the TPMS42.

tpms installed.jpg

tpms stem.jpg

OP
OP
jerrywin

jerrywin

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Now just waiting for tire delivery to see if these actually work

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant
Working for me...:)
I ordered and installed these, then had them programmed at my buddy's shop, but they're not working properly. When I left, they were all programmed and reading correctly. After a couple short trips I got the TPMS malfunction warning, and only the front driver's side sensor is still reading. The Amazon description says they will work without programming, which is definitely false, and even after having them programmed, they aren't working. Any else have this problem?

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Accountant
Just wanted to report back on my previous post. I'm going to try and return those sensors to Amazon. They were difficult to program to my Ranger, and on highway drives, the signals are disappearing from the truck and giving me TPMS system malfunction warnings.

I should have researched more instead of just ordering. The amazon link shows they are model TPMS35, but when looking up the actual Ford parts, the Ranger uses TPMS42. Not sure how much different they are, but they must be different.

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
Just wanted to report back on my previous post. I'm going to try and return those sensors to Amazon. They were difficult to program to my Ranger, and on highway drives, the signals are disappearing from the truck and giving me TPMS system malfunction warnings.

I should have researched more instead of just ordering. The amazon link shows they are model TPMS35, but when looking up the actual Ford parts, the Ranger uses TPMS42. Not sure how much different they are, but they must be different.
That sucks.....I hope ya get it figured out :thumbsup:

OP
OP
jerrywin

jerrywin

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Bummer.
Kinda what i was running into. Just when i thought i had figured out which ones to order, i would read something that disagreed, then I'd start over again. I have yet to install the tires to see if what i got works, but they are tpms42, just cheaper than original.
I hope Amazon takes 'em back for you.

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Accountant
I can confirm that these TPMS42 "FoMoGo" sensors from eBay work properly. I swapped them out this weekend, then used a cheap TPMS programming tool to program them today. So far all are working properly. I had to follow the instructions included with the TPMS programming tool, and not the instructions in the owners manual, in order to get the truck into programming mode for new sensors. Links and pics here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/283738112480

AEFD76F7-2C45-45C2-8577-50E3AD69FAD2.jpeg

FC8EEC67-8826-49C7-BCEB-82D51C6613ED.jpeg

5AAAF1A2-DB5D-4D26-8E53-BBFF7360F5D0.jpeg

Jake596

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT/2013 F-150/1976 F250
Vehicle Showcase
Hope this helps someone, I ordered 5 of these for my wheel/tire upgrade so I could keep my stock XLT wheels as is with the stock TPMS for re-sale. The new ones worked as programmed from the seller with zero issues and no need for me to do anything, On the package it was hand written, 'programmed for 2019 ranger'. Never got a CEL or TPMS light....
https://www.tpms.com/Ford_Lincoln_Schrader_33500_EZ_Sensor_TPMS_Sensor_p/ezs0280.htm

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
Hope this helps someone, I ordered 5 of these for my wheel/tire upgrade so I could keep my stock XLT wheels as is with the stock TPMS for re-sale. The new ones worked as programmed from the seller with zero issues and no need for me to do anything, On the package it was hand written, 'programmed for 2019 ranger'. Never got a CEL or TPMS light....
https://www.tpms.com/Ford_Lincoln_Schrader_33500_EZ_Sensor_TPMS_Sensor_p/ezs0280.htm
Are these the same "FOMOGO" like the others have mentioned before ? I can't get a clear pic on their website.

Jake596

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT/2013 F-150/1976 F250
Vehicle Showcase
Are these the same "FOMOGO" like the others have mentioned before ? I can't get a clear pic on their website.
No they are legit Schrader valves, new in the package.
Sponsored