Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
I agree, Phil. A local mechanic, who does mostly BMW work for me, told me that the newer Hondas and Toyotas not only read five sensors, but display a warning lamp when the spare tire is out of spec. These are almost certainly space-saver donuts, which makes it more surprising (yet, a welcome change) to me.
They make a tpms with blue tooth. Wondering if you added the cap variety to the spare how that would work?
Sponsored

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Bump for an old thread with an question and update.

Has anyone who has 5 TPMS sensors had problems with sensor errors?

A few months ago I turned my spare into a road wheel with factory TPMS sensor. A month ago I started getting a TPMS sensor warning and the left front tire was not reading. Took it to my dealer and they relearned the system. That seemed to take care of it then a couple of days ago it started doing the same thing. This time with the right rear tire not reading.

I'm starting to wonder if the 5th sensor may be causing an issue.

Thanks!
They are woken up by the tire spinning so IDK how or why that is happening, I swapped on bronco wheels and tires and have the full size spare with sensor included in my bed and have had zero issues for the couple months ive had it

cb4017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired USN and retired LEO
They are woken up by the tire spinning so IDK how or why that is happening, I swapped on bronco wheels and tires and have the full size spare with sensor included in my bed and have had zero issues for the couple months ive had it
Not sure why it was happening either. The problem did go away never to reappear after I removed the sensor from the spare though.