First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
My Ranger honks 2x when I get out when running with the fob on me. It's kind of annoying, since I'm usually in my driveway just grabbing something out of the garage. My other vehicles just give me a few dings when I do this. Was the Taurus beeping the whole time you were driving it?
Our mailboxes are at the end of the street so when I stop there and get out it double honks. You can just shut the door to the first click and it won't honk. Like Steve said you can use Forscan or they sell a horn/honk eliminator which just plugs into the ODB port. Forscan is cheaper and you can do a lot of other stuff with it too.

https://www.4dtech.com/hornhonk/
Sponsored

OP
OP
fob63

fob63

First Name
bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger
Occupation
retired
I've watched a few videos about bearing buddys and how to lube them. Did you have the wheel off the ground and rotate it while re-greasing them ?
Yes, I found out that the old grease can sometimes pack harder even though you do a couple of light pumps and then release. I now just take the hubs of and repack the bearings.

Gunza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Carbonized Grey Lariat Tremor
Occupation
IT Stuff
Out of curiosity, is your wife’s car in your Ford Pass app, and could you have used that to start it up and make the drive back?

FloggingBishop

First Name
Tyler W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Operator
If the fob is dead I know you can take the cup holder liner our and place the fob on the symbol in there to start (wireless detector thingy), other then that I don’t know much about the keyless, just that you can’t actually drive using Ford pass because it only allows the engine to start

OP
OP
fob63

fob63

First Name
bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger
Occupation
retired
Out of curiosity, is your wife’s car in your Ford Pass app, and could you have used that to start it up and make the drive back?
Ford App only allows the vehicle to be remote started for what ever the preset run time is and unlock/lock doors.

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
If the fob is dead I know you can take the cup holder liner our and place the fob on the symbol in there to start (wireless detector thingy), other then that I don’t know much about the keyless, just that you can’t actually drive using Ford pass because it only allows the engine to start
The key is probably a powered RFID that the car can pickup when it's working, when it isn't the specific location is close enough to power the RFID itself, allowing the vehicle to function.

Either that or bluetooth, bluetooth LE usually only works in very close proximity. If it is bluetooth, that would make it easy enough for you to pair your phone as a new key, which I think you can do in the newer Fords.

This is all very interesting to me.
Sponsored