Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Talked to the adjuster today.

Apparently the insurance policy listed on the exchange of information form is bogus. They're gonna try to track down an actual policy.

Surprise! Surprise! Surprise!

Heading out for quick road trip tomorrow. Will hit my preferred local shop for an estimate and touch base with the adjuster again on Monday.
Sponsored

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
wow next you will find out its not even his car etc.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
OP
OP

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
Just as an fyi taken from census info - the top 50 areas where people move to and from Denver, not big numbers between Cheyenne and Denver, no 1 was moves to Colorado Springs - I lived there for 5 yrs in the early 80s, it has also seen tremendous growth.

https://www.newsbreak.com/news/2484...st?s=oldSite&ss=dmg_local_email_bucket_4.web2
I like the Springs. But anytime I'm there it just seems like a little Denver, that's a "bit" more Bouldery. If that makes sense.

Just got back from a mini road trip out west. Was really digging the Green River area. Might be checking it out more this summer.

I've got some time to figure it out.

OP
OP

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
$1885 6 days in shop was the estimate at my preffered shop.

New valence, painted, new black plastic lower grill piece, new license plate bracket, painted bumper, tow hook and plastic trim piece above bumper.

Just got out of courthouse. Got his court date and info on how to meet with prosecutor before his court date.

Looking to...

A. Get an insurance ticket tacked on to his careless driving ticket.

B. Pursue restitution for my deductible, and rental car if I don't have rental car coverage under my policy.

I'll probably end up fixing it all. Talked to the bodyshop about "fixing" the silver while we're at it.

I'll be calling the adjuster tomorrow to touch base.

OP
OP

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I like that one a lot as it doesn't look like most of the aftermarket ones. Most are to big and boxy and stick out to far for my liking. RC has some nice ones and is also on the top of my list for my Jeep.

From the Q&A section but you could always get the relocation bracket.

A: Does NOT fit models with Adaptive Cruise Control.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
I like that one a lot as it doesn't look like most of the aftermarket ones. Most are to big and boxy and stick out to far for my liking. RC has some nice ones and is also on the top of my list for my Jeep.

I think they may have had the bracket at one time….

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/rough-country-front-bumper.12467/post-242250

Maybe they hired a former Ford accountant and they don’t include it anymore? ?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
OP
OP

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman

They are definitely a more budget friendly brand and because of their price some people give them some flack. I've used some of their stuff on my YJ and my Ranger and have never found a problem with their quality.

There's a user here running the bumper who said that an ACC relocation bracket was included. Which goes against RC's marketing information. I've reached out to him to confirm as well as ask some other questions. If not I'll relocate the ACC unit myself.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/rough-country-front-bumper.12467/

I also emailed RC questions about their powdercoating. Seems there is a specific formulation that is best if you want to paint over the powdercoating. I doubt I'll get an answer to that question, but either way painting over should be good.

Powdercoating can bridge an area of low adhesion. My biggest concern would be poor prep of the powdercoating leading to a bubble that lets go and takes the paint with it. But I think my bodyshop can catch any area of concern before paint goes down.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
They are definitely a more budget friendly brand and because of their price some people give them some flack. I've used some of their stuff on my YJ and my Ranger and have never found a problem with their quality.

There's a user here running the bumper who said that an ACC relocation bracket was included. Which goes against RC's marketing information. I've reached out to him to confirm as well as ask some other questions. If not I'll relocate the ACC unit myself.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/rough-country-front-bumper.12467/

I also emailed RC questions about their powdercoating. Seems there is a specific formulation that is best if you want to paint over the powdercoating. I doubt I'll get an answer to that question, but either way painting over should be good.

Powdercoating can bridge an area of low adhesion. My biggest concern would be poor prep of the powdercoating leading to a bubble that lets go and takes the paint with it. But I think my bodyshop can catch any area of concern before paint goes down.
This bracket is only $30.00.

https://caliraisedled.com/products/2019-2021-ford-ranger-acc-radar-relocation-bracket

amick1995

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Trenor
You would think that in Colorado people would be able to drive with a little snow on the road, the results of not having drivers training any longer (unless you pay for it). Glad it is minor and no one hurt, yep, dealing with the insurance is a PIA for sure.
Every time it snows out here in Colorado I’m still shocked at how crappy the drivers are.
5 minutes in to the first storm with accumulation this year I watched someone try to speed up to make a yellow light left turn (as tons of people do at this turn on dry roads) and proceed to slide going at least 30+ straight into a curb. Their back passenger wheel snapped off like it was held on by plastic.

OP
OP

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
Nice find! Much less expensive than other options and much more in line with the bent piece of metal that it is.
Every time it snows out here in Colorado I’m still shocked at how crappy the drivers are.
5 minutes in to the first storm with accumulation this year I watched someone try to speed up to make a yellow light left turn (as tons of people do at this turn on dry roads) and proceed to slide going at least 30+ straight into a curb. Their back passenger wheel snapped off like it was held on by plastic.
Drivers out here suck, period. Dry, wet, ice, doesn't matter, they're terrible.

OP
OP

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
While washing the truck this weekend I found something new...

90cfe000-b699-49d9-a3a3-47a6ac556355-Damage-9.jpg

Top line is a shadow. Bottom line is a crease. Light appears to be fine. It has seen a few carwashes, storms, and temp swings. No drops or fog.

I was soo pissed. Thought the dealership did it Friday when it was in for an oil change. I saw no way that it could've happened in the accident or that I could've missed it.

I calmly went in and talked to the advisor that usually takes care of me. Asked if we could talk outside and VERY CALMLY showed him and explained to him my problem. My wife would've been so proud I kept the red headed devil locked away!

Louis showed me their "preinspection" photos and sure enough. I could see it in the pics. I apologized and we left on a good note.

Been using these dudes over a decade. So glad they didn't do it. But I still didn't think the white plastic piece could've pushed the fender up like that and was stumped where it could've happened.

I went ahead and put my virtual claim in including it as I figured that must've been what happened but I still felt uneasy, as if I was committing a fraud. Finally I remembered to check my pictures of the accident scene.

Can't attach it in this post. I'll try to get it posted. It's clearly there.

For anybody else check your fenders after even a minor center front collision.
Sponsored