First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
This is what I said I traded my 17 Ford Fusion for a 19 Ranger XLT FX4 pretty loaded and got all of the incentives my payment only went up 50$ so why not I’m screwed if my company lays me off either way might as well take the chance. Plus no payments for 90 days. These deals are great right now and may get better but might as well jump while I can before I miss the opportunity to get a great deal. 3 days 500 miles later and I’m loving my decision
I traded my 17 Fusion for a 19 Lariat FX4 and I think my payments went up $200. Granted, I financed under $20k for the Fusion. I wish I could get some payment relief, I got laid off but I should start a new job next week.
Sponsored

DannyL

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT CA Special. Ordering a Ranger Lariat FX2 Supercab in February 2020
0% percent financing is now available for 72 months.
There is also a whole host of incentives, cash bonuses and rebates.
I have a Lariat Supercab waiting to be built.
I am currently hovering around 5K or so off along with X-plan and 0.0% financing.

Cmar

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX
I've spent the last two weeks making sure people could work from home, if they needed to. I work for one of the companies that supplies capacitors to Abbott Labs that make the covid-19 5 minute test results. In the short term, my job is secure. In the long-term, I'm not too worried until I retire. In two years I start collecting my National Guard pension. That will be enough for me to live on, if the country doesn't go bankrupt fighting this pandemic. I still plan on buying the truck I ordered last month if Ford ever gets around to building it
Ah, the Abbott ID Now POC testing device. I know it well. Yep Medical instrument companies and suppliers are the only ones doing well at the moment.

Jimmy637

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger
Hi
I am new to this forum, waiting for my ranger to be delivered.
Here is an an other angle on this thread. What if it is hard to gets parts for the manufacturing of vehicles and prices go up because of supply and demand, and, in turn, the used car sales increases due to this shortage?

Knolly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Currently Ranger shopping and finding it tricky to consolidate all of the pricing, though I suppose that's nothing new. Dealers are loving advertising 72 or 84 months at 0% financing while also advertising $5000ish worth of incentives that only apply with standard financing rates. Heck, I even had one advertising a price that no matter how many times I asked, they couldn't tell me how to qualify for that price, with every quote coming in $2000-3000 over their advertised price.

I loved the following conversation:
Dealer: Just let me know how I can earn your business.
Me: Just sell it at the price that is on your website. I will buy it for that.
Dealer: I'm sorry we weren't able to work something out.

Anyhow, thankfully I've been chatting with a few other dealers and am close to reaching something that I'd be pretty happy with. I'm not in a rush to pick up the Ranger since it's an additional vehicle, but at the same time I figure if I know we're buying one, now is the time to pick one up.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Currently Ranger shopping and finding it tricky to consolidate all of the pricing, though I suppose that's nothing new. Dealers are loving advertising 72 or 84 months at 0% financing while also advertising $5000ish worth of incentives that only apply with standard financing rates. Heck, I even had one advertising a price that no matter how many times I asked, they couldn't tell me how to qualify for that price, with every quote coming in $2000-3000 over their advertised price.

I loved the following conversation:
Dealer: Just let me know how I can earn your business.
Me: Just sell it at the price that is on your website. I will buy it for that.
Dealer: I'm sorry we weren't able to work something out.

Anyhow, thankfully I've been chatting with a few other dealers and am close to reaching something that I'd be pretty happy with. I'm not in a rush to pick up the Ranger since it's an additional vehicle, but at the same time I figure if I know we're buying one, now is the time to pick one up.

If you're not in a rush I would wait a little longer. I think things are going to get worse if we're "locked down" another month and dealers will be willing to negotiate even more. The 0% financing won't be going away anytime soon and Ford (along with all the others) might offer bigger discounts just to move their product.

Knolly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
If you're not in a rush I would wait a little longer. I think things are going to get worse if we're "locked down" another month and dealers will be willing to negotiate even more. The 0% financing won't be going away anytime soon and Ford (along with all the others) might offer bigger discounts just to move their product.
I definitely think you're right. Might as well kick the can down the road until May. There were a couple of 2019s that would fit the bill that might not last but plenty of 2020s still to pick from.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I definitely think you're right. Might as well kick the can down the road until May. There were a couple of 2019s that would fit the bill that might not last but plenty of 2020s still to pick from.
You could also try doing a dealer search outside your area to see what their inventory is in May. It might be worth going say 500-600 miles (or more) if you can get a smoking deal. Also different regions offer different incentives so they might have better factory rebates than your region does. Plus you'd have a nice drive back home in your new Ranger. :like: Let us know how you make out. Good luck!

XCELLR8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Frontier
I'm just waiting for more rebates, Most dealers around me have ~9 2019 rangers on their lot along with some 2020s and more are arriving every week. I don't think there will be a shortage of rangers to choose from in my area.

pa-fatboy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2016 Mustang GT Premium, 1966 Mustang Convertible C Code, 2019 Ford Fusion, 2005 Ford Focus ST
Vehicle Showcase
You guys are really tempting me. I have a newly line-x’d bed, an MX4 bed cover and the Ford OEM bed mat sitting in garage waiting for a warm day to get installed. My wife would have some words for me.. but I’d love to pick up the B&O sound system.

DMK45

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 crew cab

DMK45

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm just waiting for more rebates, Most dealers around me have ~9 2019 rangers on their lot along with some 2020s and more are arriving every week. I don't think there will be a shortage of rangers to choose from in my area.
Make the jump you wont be sorry awesome trucks! Best to ya.

Mpro2

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger xlt
All of this discussion made me look at what local dealers are offering. My son will be shopping for a new truck in several months, so I will be looking at deals for him. I did find a 2019 XLT Supercrew in magnetic for under $24,000 with rebates applied. That is nearly as good as what I gave for mine back in December....

Knolly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
A lot of the rebates are tricky as they're dependent on financing with Ford Credit at standard rates.

In the case of the Ranger I'm looking at, I'm better off taking no rebates and just doing zero percent financing. Even if I paid cash upfront I'd only be looking at saving $1000 or so vs the total that they'd do zero percent on, again because most of the rebates only apply to standard Ford Credit rates.

DMK45

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just traded in my Explorer for a 19 ranger XLT. With the 0% my monthly payment even dropped a little bit. Figure if I lose my job I won’t be able to make my car payment whether it was on the explorer I had or a new ranger so I went ahead and traded up. We’ll see how it all plays out
Good pt. Hope you don't lose ur job tho. I'm in NW Ohio got alot big Co's out here an lots commercial farming. Layoffs are happening I read an hear but all seem be goin back by May4. Ohio took hard an strict stance with this current scenario early on an its payin off compared to most the states its been said in major papers an such. I may help my son get '20 Ranger XLT FX4 in June Snag a great deal on great truck. He loves my '19 XLT FX4 ..says its sportiest an quickest smaller truck hes been in. His trusty '08 Explorer getting long in the tooth. He has good corporate exec job out here ..hes in late twenties.
Sponsored