"There Are Basically No Sales"

DMK45

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 crew cab
A lot of the rebates are tricky as they're dependent on financing with Ford Credit at standard rates.

In the case of the Ranger I'm looking at, I'm better off taking no rebates and just doing zero percent financing. Even if I paid cash upfront I'd only be looking at saving $1000 or so vs the total that they'd do zero percent on, again because most of the rebates only apply to standard Ford Credit rates.
Go for it ! U will love daily driving this midsize.. if that's ur intent . Worst Mpgs (average) ever got was 18 range. Best ever was 22s on a trip. Break It in easy & switch up to SN+ rated full synthetic asap... always running motorcraft filters.. OCI @ 5k mis max (if you get one..lol) an thats seems be the preferred protocol for best performance I'm told on here an engineers i work w/. Enjoy!
Sponsored

pa-fatboy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2016 Mustang GT Premium, 1966 Mustang Convertible C Code, 2019 Ford Fusion, 2005 Ford Focus ST
Vehicle Showcase
Good pt. Hope you don't lose ur job tho. I'm in NW Ohio got alot big Co's out here an lots commercial farming. Layoffs are happening I read an hear but all seem be goin back by May4. Ohio took hard an strict stance with this current scenario early on an its payin off compared to most the states its been said in major papers an such. I may help my son get '20 Ranger XLT FX4 in June Snag a great deal on great truck. He loves my '19 XLT FX4 ..says its sportiest an quickest smaller truck hes been in. His trusty '08 Explorer getting long in the tooth. He has good corporate exec job out here ..hes in late twenties.
Good Luck!
I hope your truck purchase with/for your son works out for both of you.

XCELLR8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Frontier
A lot of the rebates are tricky as they're dependent on financing with Ford Credit at standard rates.

In the case of the Ranger I'm looking at, I'm better off taking no rebates and just doing zero percent financing. Even if I paid cash upfront I'd only be looking at saving $1000 or so vs the total that they'd do zero percent on, again because most of the rebates only apply to standard Ford Credit rates.

I am starting talks with a dealer to get the information on the rebates and 0%. I'm having a hard time making since out of the web pages for both Ford and dealership.

Jimmy637

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger
Our local Ford dealer is open on line. Ford is introducing a path forward to sales. I got my truck delivered to my drive way all wiped down and sanitized this week. They drove away in my trade in and the negotiations were completed on line. I signed the documents on the tailgate. I was told next week Ford will have a completely online process.

Reactions: Doc

egilbe

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Somewhere between ME and AZ, depends on the season
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat with BAP, Tow and FX4
Occupation
Semi-retired, lazy bum/tramp, formerly Sys admin in a toxic work environment
Our local Ford dealer is open on line. Ford is introducing a path forward to sales. I got my truck delivered to my drive way all wiped down and sanitized this week. They drove away in my trade in and the negotiations were completed on line. I signed the documents on the tailgate. I was told next week Ford will have a completely online process.
I wonder if this will be the death of the dealerships and their wacky sales tactics?

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
While this is hitting many merchants hard, the one national industry that I think will be most affected is theaters.

Many movie studios are releasing direct to streaming now, and if those revenues are even close to what they would get in a theater, they will probably keep doing it as they don't have to share their profits with the chains.

Theaters will have to cut seating capacities to maintain distance, further cutting potential revenue.

I rarely go to theaters anymore due to many things, but the biggies are $12 popcorn with another $8 for a drink, and don't forget the person 4 rows in front of you that has to answer a text during the movie by firing up their 37" screen smartphone with the brightness set somewhere between Solar Flare and Supernova. And then loudly explain to their group what the text was about.

Hoosier Daddy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4
I just bought my first new vehicle a couple days ago and it was a new 2019 Ranger. I've always hated buying a car from a dealer.....I feel I'm going in for battle. My dealer told me I could get the several thousand dollars worth of incentive rebates or I could get the 0% for 84mo but I couldn't do both. He punch the numbers for me both ways and I ended up taking the 0% for 84mo. I only got a couple grand below sticker price but the 84mo made it doable for me.

I'm glad I read thru this thread as it shows the my dealer was straight with me.

Dan
Sponsored