Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

pa-fatboy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2016 Mustang GT Premium, 1966 Mustang Convertible C Code, 2019 Ford Fusion, 2005 Ford Focus ST
Vehicle Showcase
With 10 million new unemployed, not surprised in the least. Anybody in there 50-60's may never work again.
I hope that’s not true. But, let’s see what happens.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I would imagine that many jobs are in a tenuous position right now and consumers are definitely not looking to add a debt burden to their uncertainty.

Consumer confidence will have to be on a big upswing before auto sales begin to recover.

When this starts to ease up, I expect to see LOTS of 7 years at 0% financing deals from the manufacturers as they are going to have a TON of left over 2020 models going into 2021.

egilbe

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Somewhere between ME and AZ, depends on the season
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat with BAP, Tow and FX4
Occupation
Semi-retired, lazy bum/tramp, formerly Sys admin in a toxic work environment
I've spent the last two weeks making sure people could work from home, if they needed to. I work for one of the companies that supplies capacitors to Abbott Labs that make the covid-19 5 minute test results. In the short term, my job is secure. In the long-term, I'm not too worried until I retire. In two years I start collecting my National Guard pension. That will be enough for me to live on, if the country doesn't go bankrupt fighting this pandemic. I still plan on buying the truck I ordered last month if Ford ever gets around to building it

BcP28

First Name
Bennett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F150, 2015 Ford Edge Sport
Occupation
Engineer
I would imagine that many jobs are in a tenuous position right now and consumers are definitely not looking to add a debt burden to their uncertainty.

Consumer confidence will have to be on a big upswing before auto sales begin to recover.

When this starts to ease up, I expect to see LOTS of 7 years at 0% financing deals from the manufacturers as they are going to have a TON of left over 2020 models going into 2021.
While I generally agree that there will be incentives stacked on top of good financing deals, I'm not sure excess inventory will be that big of an issue. The difference with this pandemic caused recession is that pretty much every manufacturing plant on the planet is turned off, so there's virtually no new inventory being added to dealer lots.

Contrast this with say the 07-09 recession where a lot of manufacturers (Chrysler for example) kept building at normal production rates despite reduced demand, so they had the excess inventory to contend with.

zhuskers1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
retired
With 10 million new unemployed, not surprised in the least. Anybody in there 50-60's may never work again.
The stimulus plan and loan/grant provisions should prevent that from happening. Th real risk is that this becomes a prolonged pandemic.

I ordered a new Ranger on March 11th. My dealer called me and said if the plants open in early May, my truck will be built the week of May 11th. Hopefully any new rebates will be available when it is delivered.

07XLT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ranger XLT 2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
I've spent the last two weeks making sure people could work from home, if they needed to. I work for one of the companies that supplies capacitors to Abbott Labs that make the covid-19 5 minute test results. In the short term, my job is secure. In the long-term, I'm not too worried until I retire. In two years I start collecting my National Guard pension. That will be enough for me to live on, if the country doesn't go bankrupt fighting this pandemic. I still plan on buying the truck I ordered last month if Ford ever gets around to building it
they just pulled 2 Trillion out of their ass for this relief bill. You'll be fine.

JohnUSA

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
You'll get it....it will just look like a respirator.

OKRaptor

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F-150 XLT, 2019 Acura RDX and a 2007 Mazda Miata w/turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I'm one of the exceptions (during these times) and decided to see what was available and what Kind of trade I could get on my 2010 Raptor. Last Saturday I went to a local dealer that had a loaded F-150 Lariat in stock that caught my eye. The F-150 Lariat had some decent discounts/incentives going on. According to my salesman, and my thought as i started thinking of this, was that the dealership is willing to pay a premium for trades since Ford has stopped production. It's possible that at some point sales will out pace replacement vehicles and the dealers will not have inventory to sale. That coupled with sales being almost non existent, I figured why not see how motivated they are.
So as I arrive a salesman approaches me and asks me if he can help. I tell him I'm looking to take advantage of the discounts/incentives and 0% finance, but it all hinges on what trade-in amount the dealership is willing to give me. Since I pulled up in the Raptor he tells me that the discounts/incentives plus 0% for 84 months applies to all F-150 trucks. So I took out a fully loaded Lariat F-150 Supercrew and it was very nice to say the least, but even with the iscounts/incentives and 0% finance, i just did not want to pay that much. My Raptor was just short of 10 years old but only had 86K on it and in very good condition. So I drive it around for about thirty minutes, enjoying it very much but explaining I was not sure I wanted to part with the Raptor and pay that much for another vehicle. So when we return the salesman finds a fully loaded F-150 XLT which we take out and I like it even more since cost is considerably cheaper and it has more of a dealer discount on it.
Well as we are returning to the dealership I spotted a good looking Ranger already lifted with tires and said that looks good, can we drive that one? So we did and the short of it is that I liked it very much. Not nearly as much room inside or in the bed of an F-150 but not much less than the Raptor, which was a supercab.
So when we pull in the used car manager tells me they will give me $21K for the Raptor, which is over 50% of what I paid for it back in 2010. So, I ended up purchasing a 2019 Ranger XLT fully loaded that was used as the dealerships "Courtesy vehicle" with 5,800 miles on it. Sticker was $42,600 with $6,800 dealer discount and then I got another $2k in incentives off of it plus $21K for my trade. That left me with $12,800 to finance at 0% for 60 months. Wow! how could pass that up, but then I realized the dealership has multiple lifted and modified trucks on their lot and inquire about having multiple things done to the Ranger through the dealership so that i can finance it at 0%. They said no problem and it is a done deal.
As of now I'm waiting on local shop that works with the dealership to install: Spray-in bed-liner, Tri-flip hard Tonneau, Fox 2.0 Suspension, Wheels/tires, Katskin leather seat covers and fender flairs and when they're done the dealer will install Ford's trailer brake controller. All this financed for 60 months at 0%, my payment is less than $350/mo.
So if you are able and you find the truck that you want, now is a great time to take advantage of dealer discounts/incentives and increased trade-in values. :like:

pa-fatboy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2016 Mustang GT Premium, 1966 Mustang Convertible C Code, 2019 Ford Fusion, 2005 Ford Focus ST
Vehicle Showcase
Nice story! That must have been a fun day. Good luck with your new Ranger. Please post pics of it when it arrives. I’m very interested in what the katskin seat covers look like installed.

OKRaptor

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F-150 XLT, 2019 Acura RDX and a 2007 Mazda Miata w/turbo
Vehicle Showcase
It was a fun day and the salesman I had was awesome. It was very relaxed and I felt like I had the run of the dealership.
I will definitely post picks once I pick it up, I believe the wheels i chose have not been posted on this site to date. Offset not quite what I wanted but the installed said they would look great and would not be an issue since i'm installing the Bushwacker flares. We'll see, hope he's right.

Joec6512

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT supercrew
I just traded in my Explorer for a 19 ranger XLT. With the 0% my monthly payment even dropped a little bit. Figure if I lose my job I won’t be able to make my car payment whether it was on the explorer I had or a new ranger so I went ahead and traded up. We’ll see how it all plays out

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
Maybe I’ll trade my one year old Ranger in for a Bronco later this year. My wife will kill me.

Lost19Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 PKG
Occupation
Sales
This is what I said I traded my 17 Ford Fusion for a 19 Ranger XLT FX4 pretty loaded and got all of the incentives my payment only went up 50$ so why not I’m screwed if my company lays me off either way might as well take the chance. Plus no payments for 90 days. These deals are great right now and may get better but might as well jump while I can before I miss the opportunity to get a great deal. 3 days 500 miles later and I’m loving my decision
Sponsored