The PIC whore club! Come on in!

KNI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor 2021
Lighting is important as the primary night visibility source of light. Reflectors secondary. Have a white 3-way headlight on the handlebars and a white 3-way safety light mounted on the front fork.

Have 3 lights in the rear. Two 3-way reds and the strip around the rear bag is a 3-way green and battery operated :)

Amazon.com: ROCKBROS Bike Seat Bag Saddle Bag Bicycle with LED Light Bike Bag Under Seat 3D Shell Bike Storage Bag Waterproof Bike Pouch with Rain Cover for Road Mountain Bikes : Sports & Outdoors

View attachment 170111

View attachment 170112
Didn't realize that pouch under the seat was a battery + light attachment. Tought it as item carry bag :)

Seems like you're all set up!
Sponsored

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
Didn't realize that pouch under the seat was a battery + light attachment. Tought it as item carry bag :)

Seems like you're all set up!
Thanks! The rear bag is very small for storage. I can only get several packs of batteries in it and a headlamp in case of a nighttime emergency...It is mainly for the lighting. The larger bag under the top bar holds tools and tube repair supplies...

Tools & supplies (2).jpg

Last edited:

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
Thanks Duke! I'm hoping the tape on the pedals will reflect a revolving motion when riding so onlookers will recognize a bike being pedaled.
That's expecting an awful lot from today's society?

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Went over to Point Reyes to check out the new elephant seal pups.

Hi Charlie,

The Lighthouse at Pt Reyes is one of the best restored lighthouses in the USA. Power to turn the light is by a French Tower Clock Movement... Being into clocks, I found it amusing. An acquaintance of mine did the restoration on the Fresnel lens, the big lens through which the light oil lamps fire was broadly cast over the sea. He is one of 4 people in the USA that can do that kind of work. As he is in his mid 80's now it is becoming a lost art... Also, it is the only thing he can talk about at a party, so gets boring pretty fast...

point-reyes-lighthouse.jpg

Best,
Phil

Last edited:

Pinepig

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last count was 12
Occupation
lol
Hi Charlie,

The Lighthouse at Pt Reyes is one of the best restored lighthouses in the USA. Power to turn the light is by a French Tower Clock Movement... Being into clocks, I found it amusing. An acquaintance of mine did the restoration on the Fresnel lens, the big lens through which the light oil lamps fire was broadly cast over the sea. He is one of 4 people in the USA that can do that kind of work. As he is in his mid 80's now it is becoming a lost art... Also, it it the only thing he can talk about at a party, so gets boring pretty fast...

point-reyes-lighthouse.jpg

Best,
Phil
I can't even imagine the work required to restore a big fresnal on a lighthouse. I did an 8" for a wide field dob from scratch and it just about had me pulling what hair I have left out.

GtURFRX.jpg

fQQF9CG.jpg

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
The Goodyear blimp. It's parked right down the street from me at the Goodyear Airport for the Super Bowl. It's only 12 miles to the stadium and the closest airport for it to take off from.

IMG_8255.jpg

Pinepig

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last count was 12
Occupation
lol
The Goodyear blimp. It's parked right down the street from me at the Goodyear Airport for the Super Bowl. It's only 12 miles to the stadium and the closest airport for it to take off from.

IMG_8255.jpg
I got to fly one of those years ago in Long Beech. My pops was buying so many Goodyear tires at the time for his job we got tickets and hookups to damn near everything.

raytwntrvlr

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XL
Occupation
retired
I see this all to often. But at least she's wearing her seatbelt. :rolleyes:

1676125513619.png
Yeah, that's dangerous, but the ones that scare me are the biddies driving with their smoke in one hand and a cup of coffee in the other. That can be aggravated if they are also applying makeup. Yes, I have seen that.

TXRangerTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Yeah, that's dangerous, but the ones that scare me are the biddies driving with their smoke in one hand and a cup of coffee in the other. That can be aggravated if they are also applying makeup. Yes, I have seen that.
A couple of years back, I was driving south on I-35. I was at the tail of a group of random cars doing the speed limit. I noticed an older model Cadillac approving behind me fast. That wasn't the problem. The lane divider markings were literally in the center of the car. I moved over to left the idiot pass without hitting me. The Cadillac was driven by a younger male that was texting and totally oblivious to the road. All the other cars parted to let him pass without a wreck also. That would have been a good day to have a front & rear dash cam.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Oh yeah me too. I was watching a lady one morning putting on her makeup and couldn't figure out what else she was doing. Then we came to a stop light and I pulled up next to her and she was eating her breakfast too. :facepalm: This is just another reason I stopped riding street bikes because there's all kinds of stupid out there now!

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager

IMG_8255.jpg
I would sure love to ride in it...

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Oh yeah me too. I was watching a lady one morning putting on her makeup and couldn't figure out what else she was doing. Then we came to a stop light and I pulled up next to her and she was eating her breakfast too. :facepalm: This is just another reason I stopped riding street bikes because there's all kinds of stupid out there now!
Living in a big city, I’ve seen my share of folks doing the wrong thing while driving. Usually, it’s a breakfast sandwich or a burger and it doesn’t seem that distracting for them but when I see people plucking their eyebrows or eating a bowl of cereal with a spoon while driving (WTF?), that’s where I lose a little bit of hope for humanity. :confused:

Dave, on your other comment about Goodyear airport, I’ve always been fascinated by the wild mix of commercial, corporate, cargo, private, and derelict aircraft at that airport. Decades ago, it would have been out in the desert, in the middle of nowhere. Now, it’s surrounded by neighbourhoods and strip malls. It’s quite a unique place.
Sponsored

Last edited: