THE HYUNDAI SANTA CRUZ IS THE BEST TRUCK… IN THE WORLD?

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/hyundai/santa-cruz

I'm always leery when they name a vehicle X-of the year in 2022 when it is still 2021. Seems like that award should be handed out at the end of 2022. Unless it is a purchased award that Hyundai paid for then of course, they need it as soon as the check clears the bank.
Greg,

You’re so right about those purchased awards. As a Corporate Communications Consultant, I can’t recall how many “Top 100 People in (name an industry)“ or “Top 40 Under 40” nominations I’ve written for a number of industries.

Like so many awards, motor vehicle, business, investments, or otherwise, everyone needs to realize these are often paid positions or granted because of advertising support. You called it!
Sponsored

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
I admire the current generation Ridgeline - same 'philosophy' that developed the Maverick and Santa Cruz. Once my new shocks arrive and are installed, my Lariat should be perfect for me.

Image: The day I first met my Lariat.

IMG_0334.JPG

Retired1sg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Camry SE, 2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Retired Military
I dunno. I like it. Been seriously considering unloading my ranger while the value is sky high and getting one.

Apples

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
Here is something to consider. Both the Sante Fe and Ridgeline, aren't much more than their respective SUVs, with the ass end replaced with a pickup bed. The Ranger and Maverick are too in some respects, but...

They're both real trucks!

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Many consider 'unibody trucks' to be SUVs, and not REAL trucks. The 'argument' involves what (and how) these vehicles are viewed as and used for....

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4

66F100

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2WD XLT SCAB
Occupation
Lineman
I guess I am old school but I look at power and performance long before interior and safety features.
The Ranger offers way more truck capability and performance for less money.
I totally get the market for these amalgamation but they aren't for me.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
I see the same Santa Cruz on my way to work almost everyday. It looks nice, I can see why some people might want one, but it looks nothing like a truck. If I wanted something other than my Ranger, I would get a Maverick. At least it looks like a truck. But that’s me. I like trucks. :turkey:

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
Here is something to consider. Both the Sante Fe and Ridgeline, aren't much more than their respective SUVs, with the ass end replaced with a pickup bed. The Ranger and Maverick are too in some respects, but...

The Ridgeline is much closer to a "real truck" than either the Santa Cruz or Maverick. It has an f150 size interior, tows more than both, bigger bed than our trucks, really isn't far off on payload either. And the Maverick is an Escape with ass stretched out and the top cut off. You can't even fit a bicycle in the back of the Santa Cruz or Maverick.

Maverick, Santa Cruz, and Ridgeline are all unibody based on SUVs and that's why they have bigger interiors than our trucks but Maverick and Santa Cruz are compact SUVs, where the Ridgeline is a full-size SUV (Pilot).
Sponsored