Terrain management upgrade?

Rickfar

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 supercrew sport
I was trying to be helpful Incase you actually did get the last one. Lol. On another thread guys are saying it’s out of stock but somehow I ordered it Tuesday and got it today. I have no clue how Ford parts work but as of Tuesday there were 3 in Memphis according to the parts counter at my Houston area dealership. So maybe 2 left?????
well just picked up my switch from local ford dealer in lemoyne,Pa. today and you will never believe it but it came from Memphis. so the adventure begins !
Sponsored

HTX1811

First Name
HC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger STX 4x4,16 Audi A7
Occupation
Retired
Lol. It all revolves around Memphis. May only be one left now!
well just picked up my switch from local ford dealer in lemoyne,Pa. today and you will never believe it but it came from Memphis. so the adventure begins !

DJRPM4131

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT, 2016 Mazda CX-5
Lol. It all revolves around Memphis. May only be one left now!
I Also received my "TM" replacement switch today. Ordered it from Varsity Ford in Ann Arbor MI. on Aug. 20.
It took all of 20 minutes to physically swap out old with new.
Connected with FORScan. Went to IPC (Non As-Built) Enabled "Selectable Drive Mode"
It looks like everything is working.
No snow here for a while here either, so I'm off to the Beach (65 mile drive). I got my Oregon ATV Permit a couple days ago!

Rickfar

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 supercrew sport
ok guys i need spoon fed here as today i installed my new blistein rear shocks and also the terrain management switch so here is my problem I tried going into forscan and got vehicle connection but..... it keeps giving me nag " unable to connect to vehicle if pcm has a custom tune(which it does the ford performance tune) please enter strategy/calibration name or part number of factory pcm. so i cannot even get to where i have to ask "What do i do after im connected:)

cfhgarza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic XLT 301A
Occupation
Press and weld set-up
ok guys i need spoon fed here as today i installed my new blistein rear shocks and also the terrain management switch so here is my problem I tried going into forscan and got vehicle connection but..... it keeps giving me nag " unable to connect to vehicle if pcm has a custom tune(which it does the ford performance tune) please enter strategy/calibration name or part number of factory pcm. so i cannot even get to where i have to ask "What do i do after im connected:)
Seems like you need to flash back to the factory tune temporarily.

HTX1811

First Name
HC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger STX 4x4,16 Audi A7
Occupation
Retired
That was my thought. I removed the tune prior to doing any FORScan mods. Not sure if you need to, but I had zero issues doing it that way.

Rickfar

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 supercrew sport
I did the free one.
Ok finally figured it out have the snow,sand,terrain management boy I took a long way around the mountain on this one first when I tried to get the Ford tune off and go back to as built procal4 failed 5 times and vehicle would not even turn over. Then I hooked up battery charger and let on for awhile and it did go back to as built. So half of the battle done. So now for forscan had to do a lot of searching but finally got to write and all is well. I have today if it was not being able to browse the posts I would still be lost thanks to all who were here before me?
The Ford tune is very sensitive to voltage change and if there is a drop while trying to write it will fail
This is from Ford performance engineer whom I had a conversation with today when I was in the middle of my fubar. Thanks again for all the info that can be gleaned from this forum.

TechnicallyReal

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer / IT Admin
Can we get the first post updated with the latest info, or maybe there's another thread with it in the first post?

I started reading through this thread but after many pages I ran out of time and was losing track of things already (I have a crap memory and wasn't taking notes).

Would love to add TM to my Lariat and I have an OBDII scanner that works with the FORscan demo app. Didn't get far enough through the pages to see if TC was also figured out or not.

T Bone

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Southern Adirondack Mountains of upstate NY
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger xlt
Occupation
Retired!!!!
so i am getting my switch today, so i go into the ipc module, turn on the gauge and screen and enable the select drive mode? i am dense so i really dont want to f*ck this up. thanks in advance

T Bone

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger xlt
Occupation
Retired!!!!
Sounds right. Just be sure you have the most up to date FORScan.
thanks this looks like a tomorrow project! my friend is a master ford mechanic and got the switch for me for $56.00 and I am pretty stoked!

T Bone

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger xlt
Occupation
Retired!!!!
It is much easier than it feels beforehand. The switch takes all of about 2 minutes to out in. The FORScan adjustment not much more so long as you don’t get distracted by the other settings you might change to activate more feature like the ejection seat. ?
lol thanks!

T Bone

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger xlt
Occupation
Retired!!!!
did it this morning, installed knob, turned on offroad gauge, offroad screen and enabled selectable drive, 10 minutes start to finish. I want to thank everyone for the help and figuring this out. should come in handy with upstate NY winters. One question though, do i leave the selector in regular 2 high position when i turn on the terrain management and it will change as needed? thanks in adance.
terrain knob.jpeg
terrain screen.jpeg

DevilDog1775

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C
Vehicle Showcase
did it this morning, installed knob, turned on offroad gauge, offroad screen and enabled selectable drive, 10 minutes start to finish. I want to thank everyone for the help and figuring this out. should come in handy with upstate NY winters. One question though, do i leave the selector in regular 2 high position when i turn on the terrain management and it will change as needed? thanks in adance.
terrain knob.jpeg
terrain screen.jpeg
Yes, leave it alone. The button is all you need.

See! I told you it would be quick. It is kind of a let down project. You are all amped up ready for battle with a full set of tools and every part you will need. Before you get the second tool out of the chest, you are done. I felt guilty drinking a beer afterwards.
Sponsored