First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, SPORT
Occupation
Nurse
I know there is a tailgate decal/cover you can get at ford performance for the top half of the tailgate. I on
Y seen a few pics can any of you that have it post some pics. Would love to get a better idea of the look in general and any rock panels also....thanks
Sponsored

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase

Jbroke

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 2WD
Occupation
Sports
And here is the cover on a red Ranger. I used the cover to fix a major booboo.

IMG_2883.jpg
I've been wanting this for so long but man that gap is horrific around the emblem IMO it would bother the hell out of me. Its 2021 and ford can't figure out how to get a perfect mold?

12Bravo20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
retired
I wasn't too impressed with the cutout for the emblem either. It was either center the cover on the emblem or on the tail gate itself. But $312 dollars sure beat the cost of getting the hole in the tailgate fixed.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/first-major-booboo.15623/

The cover itself is of decent quality and fairly thick. The supplied adhesive promoter and the double sided tape hold it on quite well. And the is with a tailgate that is no longer nice and straight.

Last edited:

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
I've been wanting this for so long but man that gap is horrific around the emblem IMO it would bother the hell out of me. Its 2021 and ford can't figure out how to get a perfect mold?
Not Ford’s mold. Like many dealer accessories these are not made by Ford. These are made by Air Design USA. Running boards come from someone else, drop in bed liners, someone else, mud flaps, someone else, seat covers, someone else, etc.

You can see the entire kit on the Air Design USA site

Jbroke

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 2WD
Occupation
Sports
Not Ford’s mold. Like many dealer accessories these are not made by Ford. These are made by Air Designs USA. Running boards come from someone else, drop in bed liners, someone else, mud flaps, someone else, etc.

You can see the entire kit on the Air Designs USA site
I thought there was an OEM option for a similar thing, regardless point still stands about the fit of it...

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
I thought there was an OEM option for a similar thing, regardless point still stands about the fit of it...
Tolerances for fit have to take expansion and contraction due to temperature changes into account.

Tolerances also need to be built in for the lowest common denominator. Air Design sells these as aftermarket kits and they’re installed by everyday folks, eyeballing it for level in their driveways, using 3M tape, while having a few Buds. My margin for error on that scenario would be a fairly high +/- .

When paint-matched, I bet those gaps tend to disappear.

OP
OP
NurseNeil

NurseNeil

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, SPORT
Occupation
Nurse
I know you can order it from levittown Ford in our group... I would always order from Ford as oppose to some other sites although the bumper kit is tempting on that site.

Iowa Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Fusion SE, 2021 XL Ranger Supercab STX 4x4
Occupation
Automotive Tooling Engineer
To each their own i guess. I am actively removing stickers and crap off my truck, no plans to put more Plastic back on.

OP
OP
NurseNeil

NurseNeil

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, SPORT
Occupation
Nurse
To each their own i guess. I am actively removing stickers and crap off my truck, no plans to put more Plastic back on.
I am being selective with stick/add-ons... btwn the tailgate and the rock guards...