First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 HPR Ranger Super Cab FX4
Occupation
Retired
Adhesive eh? Guess you gotta get it right the first time...I thought I'd seen those somewhere but they were magnetic. Oh well, thanks for the info. I'm guessing you like your truck?
I've really become smitten with this little billy goat because it'll pretty much go anywhere, so far it's getting me about 23 miles per gallon and it's fun to drive. It's an interesting truck because if I would have test driven one before I bought it I wouldn't have bought it. If that came out right. But I really like the way this one drives
Sponsored

philanderer

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 ford ranger
Make sure they also refund any sales tax you paid on that $1,000 as well.
called customer service today and all they could give me, after getting transferred 5 times, was an offer number with no dollar amount. emailed the stealership with this and called them to make sure they saw it. the salesman said he would look into it. he emailed me and said he never received any emails from me. i replied with the emails i sent and a link to the conversations i had with him in march that stated i would receive the rebate. my email was not pleasantly delivered by me. anyone know when i will receive the ford purchase satisfaction survey? cant wait to get it

DonB

Banned
Banned
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 HPR Ranger Super Cab FX4
Occupation
Retired
called customer service today and all they could give me, after getting transferred 5 times, was an offer number with no dollar amount. emailed the stealership with this and called them to make sure they saw it. the salesman said he would look into it. he emailed me and said he never received any emails from me. i replied with the emails i sent and a link to the conversations i had with him in march that stated i would receive the rebate. my email was not pleasantly delivered by me. anyone know when i will receive the ford purchase satisfaction survey? cant wait to get it
Pro tip: you're never getting a Ford satisfaction survey. That will be sent directly to the dealer and they will fill that out.

philanderer

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 ford ranger
received this email today. want to thank everyone here who provided helpful info, or i would probably not have received this. it will pay for the upcoming trip i have planned next week. big smile on my face today. i did reply asking about receiving the sales tax i paid on this amount so will see what they say, but if not i wont sweat it. :clap:

Phil,

I found the REBATE you where inquiring about. We will be mailing you a check for $1000.00

houseOfDogs

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Super Cab
Occupation
Retired Techie
received this email today. want to thank everyone here who provided helpful info, or i would probably not have received this. it will pay for the upcoming trip i have planned next week. big smile on my face today. i did reply asking about receiving the sales tax i paid on this amount so will see what they say, but if not i wont sweat it. :clap:

Phil,

I found the REBATE you where inquiring about. We will be mailing you a check for $1000.00
Your state may be different, but in my state (and most states) manufacture rebate is after sales tax is calculated - ie the state wants to tax that $1000.

philanderer

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 ford ranger
Your state may be different, but in my state (and most states) manufacture rebate is after sales tax is calculated - ie the state wants to tax that $1000.
dealer said " You have to pay sales tax before they deduct rebates". i can live with it. at least i got the damn rebate. cant believe they were just gonna pocket the rebate, but on the other hand, i can believe it. its a dealership

LostMy65

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Oregon taxes your tax refund.
So, if too much taxes gets taken out of your paycheck and you have a refund coming, they tax you on that refund.
Think about that for a second.
You owed me a dollar, but you actually gave me $1.50. So, because you gave me 50 cents too much, I then tax you on the 50 cent refund.
Now you only have 40 cents of the extra 50 cents they took out of your paycheck in the first place.

Jbrubakerjr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat

Phil,

That's great news, Phil! So glad you were able to get it. So sad that we have to confront dealers in order to keep them honest.

scarchild35

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Sales Engineer
So close, yet so far away, waiting on salesman who is dealing with a not too happy customer before me.

20220929_160124.jpg
Ooh yeah. Same color I'm getting. My current Ranger is blue and my Mustang before that was blue as well. Am I crazy?
That's a good looking truck, congrats.
Sponsored