SuperCab Love

jhowell9618

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT SuperCab FX4, 2005 Focus ZX4 ST
Awesome glad to hear, I also recently installed rear shocks and noticed immediately the less body roll/wiggle. Harsher but in a good way I say. It feels more firm, like I feel the road, similar to a car with rear sway bars imo. Stable is right.

Wow, that is really smart usage of the straw, I like that. Appreciate your response, I love learning the different cultures in USA beyond my city life. I am sorry to hear your pops bought a Ridgeline, only teasing :giggle:
Haha, yeah. I’ve driven his Ridgeline and it’s actually really nice, though I wouldn’t have bought one. To me it seems like a good candidate for lowering/handling upgrades. Like a Miata truck. The in bed trunk is really nice also, but I digress.
Sponsored

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Haha, yeah. I’ve driven his Ridgeline and it’s actually really nice, though I wouldn’t have bought one. To me it seems like a good candidate for lowering/handling upgrades. Like a Miata truck. The in bed trunk is really nice also, but I digress.
Is the interior nicer? It seems like it would have a very nice interior. You are right, it does seem like it would be nice in that region like a Miata truck. Never thought of that comparison, always just poked at the Ridgeline in jest and fun. In bed trunk I think has it's utility and is neat to fit extra things, beside not being able to access it with a ton of stuff on top.. what don't you like about it? I see all the newer trucks have them and I get sort of jealous but I never used one regularly to notice the deficiencies of it.

jhowell9618

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is the interior nicer? It seems like it would have a very nice interior. You are right, it does seem like it would be nice in that region like a Miata truck. Never thought of that comparison, always just poked at the Ridgeline in jest and fun. In bed trunk I think has it's utility and is neat to fit extra things, beside not being able to access it with a ton of stuff on top.. what don't you like about it? I see all the newer trucks have them and I get sort of jealous but I never used one regularly to notice the deficiencies of it.
The interior is nicer IMO, though I have an XLT Ranger and he got the top Ridgeline trim, so take that for what it’s worth. It also seems to be put together a little better, such as the doors make a more pleasant sound when closing. I think that’s more of a Honda vs Ford thing, though. In my experience, the Japanese brands pay closer attention to such details.
My completely illogical reasons for not liking the Ridgeline are it’s transverse engine layout as opposed to the Rangers longitudinal layout and plastic composite bed. I wanted a traditional truck, even though as a daily driver, which is mostly how I use mine, the Ridgeline is superior. The Ranger was also cheaper and fit better into my budget.
TL;DR The Ridgeline is better put together, better for my uses, but I illogically like the Ranger more.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
The interior is nicer IMO, though I have an XLT Ranger and he got the top Ridgeline trim, so take that for what it’s worth. It also seems to be put together a little better, such as the doors make a more pleasant sound when closing. I think that’s more of a Honda vs Ford thing, though. In my experience, the Japanese brands pay closer attention to such details.
My completely illogical reasons for not liking the Ridgeline are it’s transverse engine layout as opposed to the Rangers longitudinal layout and plastic composite bed. I wanted a traditional truck, even though as a daily driver, which is mostly how I use mine, the Ridgeline is superior. The Ranger was also cheaper and fit better into my budget.
TL;DR The Ridgeline is better put together, better for my uses, but I illogically like the Ranger more.
Very nice comparison between the two with as least bias as possible. Ranger is more fun to drive probably but the Ridgeline is smooth and relaxing with a nice comfort level with the interior. I think the Ranger looks way better too I don't know if that is a factor in your liking of the Ranger :p

Pinepig

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last count was 12
Occupation
lol
Here is my SuperCab. The only real mod I’ve done is some Eibach rear shocks.
326F6CBE-112F-4194-A3BC-CDA092432A5C.jpeg

I’ve definitely used the extra foot of bed more than I’ve needed the extra passenger space.
Side note: The 6 foot bed is the perfect size to fit 6 bales of straw (at least the ones that come from Lowe’s nowadays).
9A26B68B-C50C-4DC8-8EDA-CE425F6051E0.jpeg
You have the exact truck I was looking for when I found my blue one, XLT, Fx4 with the color matched bumpers in white. That's a good lookin Ranger.

jhowell9618

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You have the exact truck I was looking for when I found my blue one, XLT, Fx4 with the color matched bumpers in white. That's a good lookin Ranger.
Thanks, I originally wanted a blue one, but I found this one at a local dealer and it spoke to me. It never looks dirty even if it is (excepting mud). The only downside I have seen is it doesn’t shine deeply like darker colors when washed or waxed, though this is minor.

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
The Eibach rear shocks are great I think. They really settle down the ride. To me it feels like the stock front struts absorb bumps and the rear Eibachs stop the truck from wiggling so much. The ride is a little harsher, but much more stable.

My dad has a garden for growing tomatoes, potatoes, corn, etc. and he uses it as ground covering to try to keep moisture in the ground during dry spells and to keep the leaves of plants off the ground to minimize blight growth. He bought a Ridgeline, so we used my truck for straw duty. And as far as I know, hay is cut field grass and straw is cut wheat stalks, though there is also pine straw and others I’m sure.
Yep. I have a scab lariat FX4, Platinum white. I swapped the rears with Eibach (cause Bilstein's were out of stock) and they helped a lot with the ride. I can tell the front is still sort of soft but I guess the coils up front help some, but I don't know. I'm happy with it.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
since @DukeCanBuildit mentioned me here. Just washed, clay bar, and 303 graphene the truck. Will do paint correction in a couple months maybe and redo the process. Took about four hours rushing it. Should be around 5-6 for a more perfect job.
599EF197-FB50-4A87-A7D4-97B7B8F5103C.jpeg
006ABA36-A726-46FA-84CD-0D0F31595BF0.jpeg
747B788F-6BD6-474A-838A-E238764C62C0.jpeg
59C52C67-7688-4BC4-98E8-2B1657DED53A.jpeg

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great Brandon! Your post about all your cleaning products inspired me to do a little bit of work on Saturday while I was at the cottage - had a clay bar in my wash kit (always in the truck) so I did the two bucket wash, clay bar, Meguiar’s detail spray, tire dressing, 303 protectant inside.

I use Aero Cosmetics Rubber Care on my tires, flares, grille, mirrors, and side steps at the recommendation of Sid (Msfitoy). It’s the exact opposite of the usual shiny tire dressings out there. It’s a dull, jet black matte finish - it works nicely with the overall look of my matte side steps and fender flares. It also got rid of that brown build-up I was getting on my tires from other products.

I swear, fewer bugs stuck to the truck on the drive home. ?

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Looks great Brandon! Your post about all your cleaning products inspired me to do a little bit of work on Saturday while I was at the cottage - had a clay bar in my wash kit (always in the truck) so I did the two bucket wash, clay bar, Meguiar’s detail spray, tire dressing, 303 protectant inside.

I use Aero Cosmetics Rubber Care on my tires, flares, grille, mirrors, and side steps at the recommendation of Sid (Msfitoy). It’s the exact opposite of the usual shiny tire dressings out there. It’s a dull, jet black matte finish - it works nicely with the overall look of my matte side steps and fender flares. It also got rid of that brown build-up I was getting on my tires from other products.

I swear, fewer bugs stuck to the truck on the drive home. ?
Thanks Duke! Wow, you went all out, glad I could be your muse for something :) you were all stocked up and ready to go, not your first rodeo that’s for sure. ? I’ll have to check out that rubber care product! I couldn’t find my tire shine so I may have to get that :)

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
------2011 Ford Ranger XL 2.3L Manual Scab
Occupation
--Machinist
I went camping. I had the box filled with gear with no room to spare. Thumbs down to a 5' Bed.
I may only use up all the space in the 6' bed maybe 3 times a year, but when needed its indispensable.

Jim C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger
I went camping. I had the box filled with gear with no room to spare. Thumbs down to a 5' Bed.
I may only use up all the space in the 6' bed maybe 3 times a year, but when needed its indispensable.
thats like the 4X4 feature for me. those 5-6 times in the snow are worth it to me

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
--Machinist
thats like the 4X4 feature for me. those 5-6 times in the snow are worth it to me
Yes + 4X4 + Suspension Upgrade + more capable add on's = more $ . This is why I hope to purchase the 6G Scab Ranger. My 2 wheel drive limits me where I can go.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I've used the full bed 3 times an carried an adult in the back 1 time so looks like the supercab was the right choice lol

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
--Machinist
Have to have the 6' Bed. I will post a picture of my bed full of car camping gear. Have booked another lake trip. Here's my 5G Ranger at the lake. My next 6G Ranger I would incorporate a headache rack. I may go with the Decked drawer system, putting the gear on top much higher. I still like the convenience of the Softtopper to get gear at the front of the box. I load so much gear that I cannot see out the back window when driving.

highres_497829671.jpeg
Sponsored