First Name
Arlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT super cab (dog space)
Occupation
trails maintenance
Ya, we've filled the 6ft box many a times.
Sponsored

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
60B6DDB0-1EE8-42F5-88C5-D8E599BA9FB0.jpeg
Beach trip
That's the truck I would have preferred but no white trucks were in stock. Now just swap the wheels for black wheels an it will have the look I was going for.

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XL
Occupation
Coder
I wavered between the SuperCab and SuperCrew, but since 99% of the time we won't have to seat more than two people. We did have an emergency pop up a couple weeks ago where we needed to seat three, and while it wasn't exactly comfortable, a large person could fit in the back.

The SuperCab has more than enough cargo room for things we don't want in the bed, with the added bonus of everything being in grabbing range from the front seats.

LOVE the 6-ft bed. I have an OEM tonneau cover on it, and even in torrential rain there's no more than a trickle of water, so things stay dry and safe. For camping trips it's wonderful. Even when tenting, there's enough room for every type of gear we would ever want.

IMG_0713.jpg

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
I wavered between the SuperCab and SuperCrew, but since 99% of the time we won't have to seat more than two people. We did have an emergency pop up a couple weeks ago where we needed to seat three, and while it wasn't exactly comfortable, a large person could fit in the back.

The SuperCab has more than enough cargo room for things we don't want in the bed, with the added bonus of everything being in grabbing range from the front seats.

LOVE the 6-ft bed. I have an OEM tonneau cover on it, and even in torrential rain there's no more than a trickle of water, so things stay dry and safe. For camping trips it's wonderful. Even when tenting, there's enough room for every type of gear we would ever want.

IMG_0713.jpg
Very similar reason for us...just the two of us and our 2 small terriers in the back.
What size is your Coleman ? Looks to be about 24-25 footer , hard to tell from the angle shot.
We are downsizing from a motor home and going back to a trailer...going to be ordering a Jayco 24RL, which should come in at around 5400 lbs dry, maybe 6200-6300 lbs ready to hit the road.
Bought the Ranger specifically for this.

Last edited:

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XL
Occupation
Coder
Very similar reason for us...just the two of us and our 2 small terriers in the back.
What size is your Coleman ? Looks to be about 24-25 footer , hard to tell from the angle shot.
We are downsizing from a motor home and going back to a trailer...going to be ordering a Jayco 24RL, which should come in at around 5400 lbs dry, maybe 6200-6300 lbs ready to hit the road.
Ours is 19' inside, 23' from tongue to tail. It's only 3900 lbs dry. The Ranger can power up hills without even stressing. I think weight isn't as much a concern as wind resistance. At a certain speed, weight becomes largely irrelevant. We try not to push it over 55 mph because I think that's where drag really starts to impact performance.

Sounds like you're under 85% rated capacity, so you should be fine.

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Ours is 19' inside, 23' from tongue to tail. It's only 3900 lbs dry. The Ranger can power up hills without even stressing. I think weight isn't as much a concern as wind resistance. At a certain speed, weight becomes largely irrelevant. We try not to push it over 55 mph because I think that's where drag really starts to impact performance.

Sounds like you're under 85% rated capacity, so you should be fine.
I will be just fine. Everyone seems to be overly concerned with wind resistance towing a regular travel trailer. Been an rv owner of one type or another for 50 years. You want to talk wind resistance try towing a big (I mean high) 5th wheel, or driving a flat front class a motor home. Compared to those, a standard travel trailer is a piece of cake (at least to me).
24RL is a 24 foot box, but total length from hitch to bumper is 29 feet
Be safe in your travels.

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XL
Occupation
Coder
I will be just fine. Everyone seems to be overly concerned with wind resistance towing a regular travel trailer. Been an rv owner of one type or another for 50 years. You want to talk wind resistance try towing a big (I mean high) 5th wheel, or driving a flat front class a motor home. Compared to those, a standard travel trailer is a piece of cake (at least to me).
24RL is a 24 foot box, but total length from hitch to bumper is 29 feet
Be safe in your travels.
You too!

Last edited:

XL GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger STX
Occupation
Civil Engineering Firm
Recently installed 3" Ionic nerf bars and a swing case that I got on Amazon at $30.00 off because it was a return. Nothing wrong with it all, nothing missing. (More stickers coming).

20210731_090214.jpg

20210731_090436.jpg

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SuperCab fit my needs, and the dog has his own back seat.
20210713_133240.jpg
Aside from the Supercab styling (don't like crewcab with only 5 ft box), it was one factor in our purchase. Just wife and I and our two terriers.
Figuring out just what I need to design for a raised platform for their "doggie seats". Looking a getting the parts to do a backseat delete.

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
OK, for you Super Cab owners, like me, I found what might be some really nice storage containers for those of you with rear seat delete, or, like me, who is going to remove the seating. I was going to make a platform for our 2 dogs and their doggie seats. Searched the web for awhile and found something I think will work out. Read my original post in the General Ford Ranger Topics, under Storage Containers...kind of long and didn't want to re-post.

Arly

First Name
Arlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT super cab (dog space)
Occupation
trails maintenance
OK, for you Super Cab owners, like me, I found what might be some really nice storage containers for those of you with rear seat delete, or, like me, who is going to remove the seating. I was going to make a platform for our 2 dogs and their doggie seats. Searched the web for awhile and found something I think will work out. Read my original post in the General Ford Ranger Topics, under Storage Containers...kind of long and didn't want to re-post.
I posted pics of the one I made but I have no idea which thread that was in.

Montana Ranger

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
We have a 2020 Jay Flight SLX 245RLSW. It's a bit bigger and heavier than we originally planned when we bought our Ranger, but loaded we are just in specs. Power has never been an issue, but it can get squirrelly in winds and when being passed by larger vehicles. We cruise at 60 or below because of that. MPG goes to hell after 60.

2020-05-15 16-47-43.jpg

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
We have a 2020 Jay Flight SLX 245RLSW. It's a bit bigger and heavier than we originally planned when we bought our Ranger, but loaded we are just in specs. Power has never been an issue, but it can get squirrelly in winds and when being passed by larger vehicles. We cruise at 60 or below because of that. MPG goes to hell after 60.

2020-05-15 16-47-43.jpg
Same spec's and floorplan as the Jay Feather 24RL. We're going with the 24RL as it's going to be a custom order with a free standing dinette , 50 amp electrical service, second ac unit. Wasen't available on the Jay Flight.
Our currant motor home averages 8-9 mpg, so not worried about the Ranger/trailer combo...it gets what it will get ....
Safe travels to you...
Sponsored