SuperCab Love

Sandromang

First Name
Alessandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT Supercab
All my previous Rangers ('91, '96, '01) were scabs. I didn't like the regular cab. I like the new screw but I need the 6' bed. It might be tough to find running boards or roof racks, but hey, I love the look!

IMG_1288.JPG

Updated with Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform pics...

IMG_1362.JPG

IMG_1379.JPG

This is the nicest scab build I’ve seen so far.

IMG_1385.JPG
Sponsored

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase

Sandromang

First Name
Alessandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT Supercab
Still deciding what I need to do! Maybe a bed cap, fox 2.0 shocks bigger tires and some new rims. Also would love the Yakima cross bars.

What would be a good offset to have the tires bump out a little bit. I like that look when you can see them coming out the fender flares! Very happy with mine.

6B423651-B089-4D94-8D6E-FD28A77B9D58.jpeg

Count Desmondo

First Name
Desmondo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Supercab
OK This is my two month old 2020 Lariat. I added the black nurf bars and tinted the passenger and driver windows plus added the bug deflector. I agree that the supercab is the best looking and is more functional for me personally being single and no ball and chain. I am thinking of getting a canopy??? I like having the 6'6" bed also. I have ordered a Borla exhaust for my new baby.
20201101_163250.jpg
Nice! Do you have any updated photos of it?

Count Desmondo

First Name
Desmondo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Supercab
Still deciding what I need to do! Maybe a bed cap, fox 2.0 shocks bigger tires and some new rims. Also would love the Yakima cross bars.

What would be a good offset to have the tires bump out a little bit. I like that look when you can see them coming out the fender flares! Very happy with mine.

6B423651-B089-4D94-8D6E-FD28A77B9D58.jpeg
Those are exactly my thoughts as well. Even a 0.5"" spacer would be neat. Debating Bilstein 5100's or higher vs the Ford/Fox 2.0 package

Sandromang

First Name
Alessandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT Supercab
Those are exactly my thoughts as well. Even a 0.5"" spacer would be neat. Debating Bilstein 5100's or higher vs the Ford/Fox 2.0 package
I think I’m just going to get the fox 2.0. I’ve been hearing some pretty good things about them. I wonder how much tires and a lift would cost altogether.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
I think I’m just going to get the fox 2.0. I’ve been hearing some pretty good things about them. I wonder how much tires and a lift would cost altogether.
Roughly 800-1200$ for tires and with tire insurance. Bilstein full kit I think is $400-500. Install/repairs would be free for tires if you bought from discount tire with insurance. Install for suspension kit like bilsteins will run you $500ish to install.

TLDR: 1700-2200$ For lift and tires shop installed or self installed lift you save 500$.

EDIT: saw you wanted the fox setup which is triple the price. So instead it’s 2600-3100$

Last edited:

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
Roughly 800-1200$ for tires and with tire insurance. Bilstein full kit I think is $400-500. Install/repairs would be free for tires if you bought from discount tire with insurance. Install for suspension kit like bilsteins will run you $500ish to install.

TLDR: 1700-2200$ For lift and tires shop installed or self installed lift you save 500$.

EDIT: saw you wanted the fox setup which is triple the price. So instead it’s 2600-3100$
The Money Pit strikes again?! :frown: :rolleyes: o_O :LOL:

Last edited:

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
The Money Pit strikes again! ? :frown: :rolleyes: o_O :LOL:
It really does on the Ranger, or any modded vehicle specifically haha. These forums sure don’t help :p :piggybank:

jhowell9618

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT SuperCab FX4, 2005 Focus ZX4 ST
Here is my SuperCab. The only real mod I’ve done is some Eibach rear shocks.
326F6CBE-112F-4194-A3BC-CDA092432A5C.jpeg

I’ve definitely used the extra foot of bed more than I’ve needed the extra passenger space.
Side note: The 6 foot bed is the perfect size to fit 6 bales of straw (at least the ones that come from Lowe’s nowadays).
9A26B68B-C50C-4DC8-8EDA-CE425F6051E0.jpeg

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Here is my SuperCab. The only real mod I’ve done is some Eibach rear shocks.
326F6CBE-112F-4194-A3BC-CDA092432A5C.jpeg

I’ve definitely used the extra foot of bed more than I’ve needed the extra passenger space.
Side note: The 6 foot bed is the perfect size to fit 6 bales of straw (at least the ones that come from Lowe’s nowadays).
9A26B68B-C50C-4DC8-8EDA-CE425F6051E0.jpeg
Looks great, I especially like the photo of it with the bales of straw. Stupid question, excuse my city upbringing, but is straw only for animal bedding or is there other uses? I had to look up if straw and hay are the same thing but I learn a lot from here. Also, how do you like the eibach rears?

jhowell9618

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT SuperCab FX4, 2005 Focus ZX4 ST
Looks great, I especially like the photo of it with the bales of straw. Stupid question, excuse my city upbringing, but is straw only for animal bedding or is there other uses? I had to look up if straw and hay are the same thing but I learn a lot from here. Also, how do you like the eibach rears?
The Eibach rear shocks are great I think. They really settle down the ride. To me it feels like the stock front struts absorb bumps and the rear Eibachs stop the truck from wiggling so much. The ride is a little harsher, but much more stable.

My dad has a garden for growing tomatoes, potatoes, corn, etc. and he uses it as ground covering to try to keep moisture in the ground during dry spells and to keep the leaves of plants off the ground to minimize blight growth. He bought a Ridgeline, so we used my truck for straw duty. And as far as I know, hay is cut field grass and straw is cut wheat stalks, though there is also pine straw and others I’m sure.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
The Eibach rear shocks are great I think. They really settle down the ride. To me it feels like the stock front struts absorb bumps and the rear Eibachs stop the truck from wiggling so much. The ride is a little harsher, but much more stable.

My dad has a garden for growing tomatoes, potatoes, corn, etc. and he uses it as ground covering to try to keep moisture in the ground during dry spells and to keep the leaves of plants off the ground to minimize blight growth. He bought a Ridgeline, so we used my truck for straw duty. And as far as I know, hay is cut field grass and straw is cut wheat stalks, though there is also pine straw and others I’m sure.
Awesome glad to hear, I also recently installed rear shocks and noticed immediately the less body roll/wiggle. Harsher but in a good way I say. It feels more firm, like I feel the road, similar to a car with rear sway bars imo. Stable is right.

Wow, that is really smart usage of the straw, I like that. Appreciate your response, I love learning the different cultures in USA beyond my city life. I am sorry to hear your pops bought a Ridgeline, only teasing :giggle:
Sponsored