XL GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger STX
Occupation
Civil Engineering Firm
Looking good. :)

I custom ordered mine last year with the factory rear seat delete. We're empty nesters and the wife's Escape has rear seats if the need ever arises.

The factory Supercab rear seats are pretty much useless, in my opinion, and I wanted to sportiest Ranger possible. A little extra storage space behind the seats is bonus.

I have the Ford Performance/Borla exhaust and I don't notice any additional noise. My previous vehicle was a 2001 Bullitt GT that had a fairly loud factory exhaust, complete with drone at 45-50 MPH, so the Ranger sounds very, very tame in comparison.

IMG_20201006_190443599_HDR.jpg
Agreed. I don't need to have people sitting in the rear seat area as we have other vehicles for that as well. That area is more useful for me as storage. What sound level that may have gone up is negligible compared to my '16 GT with a DIY rear seat delete as well. Heck, I should remove the radio because I like to hear the sound of the headers instead.
Sponsored

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
All extended cabs are basically 2 seaters, but I do occasionally (very) need to tote another human so I leave mine in. But, how did you remove the rear seatbacks? I removed the bolt at the top, but I tugged and pulled and never could get them out. What's the trick?
If I recall correctly, facing the seat back, it’s a bit of a push down and a sharp pull towards you. My seats are stored at my cottage - I will be there Thursday and can take a picture of the back of the seat - I think it will help you reverse engineer what you need to do.

XL GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger STX
Occupation
Civil Engineering Firm
If I recall correctly, facing the seat back, it’s a bit of a push down and a sharp pull towards you. My seats are stored at my cottage - I will be there Thursday and can take a picture of the back of the seat - I think it will help you reverse engineer what you need to do.

Yep, that's about what I did. I removed the top bolts and pulled the top of the seat toward me (I think there was a plastic clip holding it about 3/4 of the way up the backrest) and wiggled it back and forth with an upward motion. I used some abrasive language and in my mind it helped.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Looking good. :)

I custom ordered mine last year with the factory rear seat delete. We're empty nesters and the wife's Escape has rear seats if the need ever arises.

The factory Supercab rear seats are pretty much useless, in my opinion, and I wanted to sportiest Ranger possible. A little extra storage space behind the seats is bonus.

I have the Ford Performance/Borla exhaust and I don't notice any additional noise. My previous vehicle was a 2001 Bullitt GT that had a fairly loud factory exhaust, complete with drone at 45-50 MPH, so the Ranger sounds very, very tame in comparison.

IMG_20201006_190443599_HDR.jpg
So, now I totally understand your avatar!

The factory rear seat is a great option for the Scab - I have taken the rear “jump seats” out of my previous (‘91, ‘96, & ‘01) XLTs for the storage space - also, those angled seats were ridiculous.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, that's about what I did. I removed the top bolts and pulled the top of the seat toward me (I think there was a plastic clip holding it about 3/4 of the way up the backrest) and wiggled it back and forth with an upward motion. I used some abrasive language and in my mind it helped.
Yes! It’s a large v-shaped push clip that just needs a bit of verbal coaching.

Scott D

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL/STX
So, now I totally understand your avatar!

The factory rear seat is a great option for the Scab - I have taken the rear “jump seats” out of my previous (‘91, ‘96, & ‘01) XLTs for the storage space - also, those angled seats were ridiculous.

Yep, I watched a few YouTube reviews and whenever any normal sized man got in the Supercab rear seats, it was obvious they were uncomfortable.

Count Desmondo

First Name
Desmondo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Supercab
The only downside to a topper on a SuperCab is that the front of the bed is an extra foot further away from the tailgate, which means climbing in to retrieve stuff that is too far forward to reach by just leaning in. I suggest getting windows that open at least on one side to be able to scoot stuff forward without having to climb all the way in there.
2020-01-27 15-56-40.jpg
Does your topper having sliding windows?

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Yes, that one on the passenger side slides open and has a screen.

These are largely made-to-order, so you can choose what kinds of windows you want where. There are several options.
Yup. I appreciate these more than ever after hauling a bunch of stuff to the desert.
D426A285-F33A-488E-BD13-D413E053D175.jpeg

XL GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger STX
Occupation
Civil Engineering Firm
Thought I'd submit this because I'm off today due to rain. I just got my Coopers installed yesterday and sold the original Bridgestones 15 minutes later. Next week, . . . windows get tinted and cb radio package coming from Right Channel Radios.
20210622_081122.jpg

Espo78

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Thought I'd submit this because I'm off today due to rain. I just got my Coopers installed yesterday and sold the original Bridgestones 15 minutes later. Next week, . . . windows get tinted and cb radio package coming from Right Channel Radios.
20210622_081122.jpg
Are those stock size?

Espo78

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Yup. I appreciate these more than ever after hauling a bunch of stuff to the desert.
D426A285-F33A-488E-BD13-D413E053D175.jpeg
I did not get the windoors with my topper due to how high the bedsides are on these trucks. How tall are you? Can you actually reach in and get things out easily? For me it didn't seem like it would make much of a difference.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
I did not get the windoors with my topper due to how high the bedsides are on these trucks. How tall are you? Can you actually reach in and get things out easily? For me it didn't seem like it would make much of a difference.
5’10, I put all my camping stuff/more needed items that are needed for quick off loading I can reach in and grab to set up quickly. Things like food bags, toiletries bag, ammo and gun bags. Also helps that I have a camper bed I built I place things on top of.