First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
My guess.....some higher altitude testing since there's some nice high spots out that way.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
hideous

Deleted member 1634

New Dakota maybe?
That was my first thought. The taillights screamed Ram to me. But it was hard to tell anything else from OPs picture. If @Nevada_Bob's picture is the same thing, then yeah, I'd say new Dakota or full-size Ram. Hard to tell scale in those pictures as well. Seems odd though to have the face so uncovered like that on something so new like a Dakota though, but who knows.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
That was my first thought. The taillights screamed Ram to me. But it was hard to tell anything else from OPs picture. If @Nevada_Bob's picture is the same thing, then yeah, I'd say new Dakota or full-size Ram. Hard to tell scale in those pictures as well. Seems odd though to have the face so uncovered like that on something so new like a Dakota though, but who knows.
I don't keep up with Dodge and not sure if they're redesigning the full size Ram but I know the new Dakota is coming out so I thought it might be that. Either way it's a Dodge and..... ?

its-hideous.jpg

Last edited:

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
this looks better - the "Tremor" trim, although that name might better fit that fuggly truck shown in the above posts
tremor.jpg

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Phil !!! Is that you out for a drive incognito ?
Hi RR,

Nope! Not me....would not touch a FIAT (Fix It Again Tony).... :)

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Pinepig

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last count was 12
Occupation
lol
I don't keep up with Dodge and not sure if they're redesigning the full size Ram but I know the new Dakota is coming out so I thought it might be that. Either way it's a Dodge and..... ?

its-hideous.jpg
I bought a new Dakota 4x4 with the 3.9 V6 in 1990, loved that truck except having to put a new tranny in it every 90k miles like clockwork. Sold it when it was coming up on #3.

I only have this one picture of it behind my future wife and my dad ( RIP pops ) on the very first day he got to drive his 54 Corvette when we finished the restoration 2 days before he drove it to Hot August Nights up in Reno.

fSudR82.jpg

This was it 9 months prior.
c64OXiX.jpg

That was a fun project.

Nice to have all these new options coming out, makes everybody try just a bit harder to give us what we want in a vehicle.

Deleted member 1634

2022 Ram Dakota Spy Shot

1600289045396.png
So it really is just like a mini Ram in design and proportions then. I wonder how long it took them to come up with that... I guess we'll see how they make it it's own. I'm interested is seeing it turns out being.
Sponsored