Strange Beep Sound

RangerGuy2019

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 crew cab
Vehicle Showcase
Strange. Today my 2019 Ranger is making a single 1-2 second beep sound every 30 seconds. It will not stop. Truck is not running and parked. Anyone know what this is? :rolleyes:
Sponsored

soupcook

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger and 2017 GMC Acadia Denali
Occupation
Retired
Ensure your light switch is in the AUTO position...

OP
OP
RangerGuy2019

RangerGuy2019

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ensure your light switch is in the AUTO position...
It is.
I Googled the topic and some info states it's a beep indicating the driver's air bag light is out. WTH? Hmmm.......

OP
OP
RangerGuy2019

RangerGuy2019

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hope this isn't the start of BS and mass trips to the stealership! My poor buddy bought a 2020 Explorer (new), after I bought my 2019 Ranger in Oct. 2019. They have had it to the stealership now about 7 or 8 times... mostly electrical related issues. They are not happy!

DT444T

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport 4x4 Lariat - Saber
Occupation
I'm fly. I'm pilot.
OP
OP
RangerGuy2019

RangerGuy2019

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
*** UNFOUNDED *** OK, I removed the battery negative cable. Still heard the beep. Hmm.....
Replaced cable, started truck, backed out of garage. NO beep heard. Discovered the beep is coming from my overheated garage door opener! There's been a record setting heat wave here in WA... three digit temps the past few days. Hotter than hell! Yea, NO problem with the truck!! :handsinair:?:sunglasses:

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
*** UNFOUNDED *** OK, I removed the battery negative cable. Still heard the beep. Hmm.....
Replaced cable, started truck, backed out of garage. NO beep heard. Discovered the beep is coming from my overheated garage door opener! There's been a record setting heat wave here in WA... three digit temps the past few days. Hotter than hell! Yea, NO problem with the truck!! :handsinair:?:sunglasses:
What on earth is your garage door opener trying to tell you?

Back story....

Margie and I were at a friends for a dinner party and a couple we had not met before were there...somehow the conversation turned to smoke detector low battery beeping...The fellow of the other couple told us a story of a strange beep. Middle of the night this beeping sound every minute woke them up. Suspecting a smoke detector, in the middle of the night they replaced the 9V batteries in their two or three smoke detectors. Beep continued...frustrated and sleepy they decided to return to bed and sleep...in the morning the beeping was still present. The wife finally tracked it down to the fellow...he was beeping...his pace maker was beeping that his pace maker battery was at the 25% mark...

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman

Back story....

Margie and I were at a friends for a dinner party and a couple we had not met before were there...somehow the conversation turned to smoke detector low battery beeping...The fellow of the other couple told us a story of a strange beep. Middle of the night this beeping sound every minute woke them up. Suspecting a smoke detector, in the middle of the night they replaced the 9V batteries in their two or three smoke detectors. Beep continued...frustrated and sleepy they decided to return to bed and sleep...in the morning the beeping was still present. The wife finally tracked it down to the fellow...he was beeping...his pace maker was beeping that his pace maker battery was at the 25% mark...
Back when I doing a DirecTV work I had a strange service call.

Woman swore her dish was "beeping and she could hear it inside. Took me to the spot inside under the dish and sure enough I heard hit. Mentioned it sounded like a smoke detector and she said her husband changed them all twice before crawling up on the roof (ranch style home) to verify it was the dish. I explained to her, politely, that nothing on the dish COULD beep, but I would check it out.
From the ground outside the dish appeared to beep. Up on the roof it seemed to come from the dish. I scratched my head for bit, then noticed the neighbors upstairs bedroom window open. A smoke alarm in there was beeping and the dish was angled perfectly to amplify it.

She asked me to go over there, said they were jerks and she didn't want to confront them. Told her I wasn't getting involved in that and thought to myself "maybe they found the perfect way to mess with her."

soupcook

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Why would this cause a random beep?
I am hitting the switch with my knee and changing it. When I do, it will beep...maybe not random...but slow enough I was looking around and Googling why I was getting the beep. Just my personal experience with my 2020 Ranger.

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase

Back story....

I took a call at a guys home for some sort of alarm going off. I knew as soon as I heard it that it was a smoke detector low battery alert. Took a few minutes to find it, on top.of his fridge pushed under a brand new cabinet, took my asp out of my belt and fished it out for him.

Any chance someone put a battery powered GPS tracker in or on your truck and it's battery is dying?

On a funny note, they make a device called an "annoyatron" it's about the size of a Bic lighter with a small battery. It let's out a random loud beep like a smoke alarm and it annoys the hell out of the person hearing it. I taped one inside a drawer cavity of my buddies desk at work and it drove him nuts LOL I even sat in there talking to him and it went off and he dropped his pen and said "you hear that"? I said hear what? ????

DT444T

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport 4x4 Lariat - Saber
Occupation
I'm fly. I'm pilot.
I am hitting the switch with my knee and changing it. When I do, it will beep...maybe not random...but slow enough I was looking around and Googling why I was getting the beep. Just my personal experience with my 2020 Ranger.
What is UP with you people pressing buttons, turning knobs, and hittin' switches in these trucks on accident? First I hear about people going into 4HI on accident, and now this? I must just be the perfect height for this truck.
??

soupcook

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
What is UP with you people pressing buttons, turning knobs, and hittin' switches in these trucks on accident? First I hear about people going into 4HI on accident, and now this? I must just be the perfect height for this truck.
??
The switch is at knee level. When I get in or out I lift my knee and slide past and turn the switch. I am 5'10"...average. You need to relax and drop your attitude when participating on these questions.
Sponsored