Vandave

Vandave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Ranger FX4 Lariat
I went with the basic Lariat infotainment and it’s perfect for what I wanted.
Sponsored

technological_marvel

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shadow Black Ranger LARIAT FX4
I’ve only heard the B&O system so I can’t compare it to the base stereo yet. I was very impressed with it though, it sounds comparable to the 10 speaker Bose system in my Mazda. Auto wipers are awesome, they are also in my 2011 Mazda 3. I think that the package is worth the extra money, I’ll definitely be getting it.

This is great information, I'm coming from a 2014 Mazda3 with the Bose audio package and one of the reasons I went with the B&O system was because I didn't want an audio downgrade in my new vehicle.

Rigwright

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Union Millwright (Retired)
I've got the 501A package and love it. The B&O system sounds great, and I'm used to a Bose system in my Caddie.

Robert Jay

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT and 2008 Porsche Carrera 4S
Occupation
Retired Antique Dealer
But to use that cellular remote start you need to sign up for the AT&T cell plan after 6 months - right?
I don’t believe so. Ford Pass should be able to at the very least, run with the WiFi which is where you would be warming it up.

I have to go to the dealer today and will ask about it.

bandit67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2007 Saleen/Parnelli Jones 302
2 years into the Sync 3 on my wife's Fusion Sport and all the FordPass functions, including Remote Start, still work. I think it MAY be that we have to start paying after 5 years, but not completely sure on that.

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
I asked the dealer on my test drive and they told me 5 years before I’d have to pay for it. Could be different here in Canada but not sure.

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I'm looking to buy a Ranger and I'm trying to decide between the stock sound system vs. the B&O system.

Basically, I'm trying to decide between the 500A (with Tech Package) and the 501A package. The difference is the sound system, remote start and rain sensing wipers. It's about $3,000 between the two trucks I'm looking at.

I'm my mind, I would be paying about $1,500 to get the upgraded sound in terms of cost to me. Just wondering if most people think that's worth the value, or if the stock sound is reasonably good.
The stock B&O system is excellent for a truck. The sound is flat , the bass is natural. I listen to it in surround mode. You can either go stereo or surround. And I expect some young people on this subject will not like it because it doesn't have that my booming 30 Hertz bass rattling the doors. I don't care for boosted Bass. I'm more about the natural sound. But like anything, your ears will be the final arbiter of what's good. For me, the B&O system was well worth the extra money. So when reading reviews of the stock system, consider the sources
Sponsored