Audio Settings for B & O Sound System

rangerdrive

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Do we have any audiophiles here with the B&O system in their Ranger? If so, would you be so kind as to share the audio settings you use (treble, mid, bass, fade, surround/stereo, etc)? I have mine set at default and it doesn't seem quite right but I'm really not sure what settings would help it sound better, I don't exactly have a refined ear for such things.
Sponsored

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
Do we have any audiophiles here with the B&O system in their Ranger? If so, would you be so kind as to share the audio settings you use (treble, mid, bass, fade, surround/stereo, etc)? I have mine set at default and it doesn't seem quite right but I'm really not sure what settings would help it sound better, I don't exactly have a refined ear for such things.
I was very surprised at the limited adjustments or pre-sets that this system has. I too would be interested in possible settings from the group.

SRAces

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA, 2004 Mercedes-Benz SLK 230 Special Edition
Occupation
USAF (retired)
Vehicle Showcase
I will look at mine and report back. Love the sound of the B&O system. Just added over 9,000 song files off CDs to a USB drive and love the sound of the music off the USB drive. Searching for songs or artists with the voice command button works a lot better than the wife's Mercedes. ;) Big music collector here since the late 60s, so I have tons of music. The goal is to eventually get all my vinyl moved over to digital. :)

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
The limited sound settings actually don't bother me. 100% of my listening is from Spotify on my iPhone, which has a pretty nice adjustable EQ so I make the needed changes on my phone. After tuning the EQ, the B&O system sounds fantastic.

Akshon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lariat FX4 Crew Magnetic
The only thing I noticed is the front speakers seemed to overpower the rear. I added a little rear fade and it seems to balance out better.

jh13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat
Thatā€™s my setting. Seems to work out pretty well. Iā€™m by no means an expert at this though, was actually hoping to see what others use.

image.jpg

SRAces

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA, 2004 Mercedes-Benz SLK 230 Special Edition
Occupation
USAF (retired)
Vehicle Showcase
Thatā€™s my setting. Seems to work out pretty well. Iā€™m by no means an expert at this though, was actually hoping to see what others use.

image.jpg
That's not far off mine. Those settings can vary depending on the type of music you listen to. Normally on a regular equalizer for standard listening the settings make a shallow "V". The treble and bass really depend on the music and how much of the highs you want to hear and how booming the bass depending on the song.

ebFX4

First Name
Eber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger FX4 - 5G
Same concern. My EQ leans to the right on all three - but it varies depending on the artist and genre (so I have to switch from time to time).

I'm on Spotify Premium, with top quality download files - and I agree the B&O feels like its lacking. I came from a 2006 Acura TSX with stock (I believe Pioneer) speakers - and they felt punchier, IMO.

I'm tweak my settings every 2 weeks or so to see if I can find the right settings to make it solid. I'm a bit underwhelmed so far.

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
9A582B72-0EB9-45F7-AEA3-B23D17942064.png
Same concern. My EQ leans to the right on all three - but it varies depending on the artist and genre (so I have to switch from time to time).

I'm on Spotify Premium, with top quality download files - and I agree the B&O feels like its lacking. I came from a 2006 Acura TSX with stock (I believe Pioneer) speakers - and they felt punchier, IMO.

I'm tweak my settings every 2 weeks or so to see if I can find the right settings to make it solid. I'm a bit underwhelmed so far.
Go into the Spotify EQ and set it like this and tell me what you think. I think it sounds really good after doing this.

DakotaGuy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger SuperCrew XLT Tremor
That poor sound is from FGL, not your B&O... :LOL:
Music is personal choice so listen to what you want, but that song "Swerve" from FGL is especially bad. Just my opinion of course. :like: It's not country and it's not rock, maybe pop, but it doesn't even fit there... I'm not sure what it is to be honest. :crackup:

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

image.jpg
Same settings here, Increase bass to 80% and treble to 75% This setting works well for 70s and 80s MP3. Modern-day bass is already increased a ton so adjusting the bass down may be better for Hip Hop or RAP.

That said I don't care for loud 30HZ Door rattling Bass. Less is more in this case.
Sponsored