Stock Sound vs B&O

Vandave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Ranger FX4 Lariat
I'm looking to buy a Ranger and I'm trying to decide between the stock sound system vs. the B&O system.

Basically, I'm trying to decide between the 500A (with Tech Package) and the 501A package. The difference is the sound system, remote start and rain sensing wipers. It's about $3,000 between the two trucks I'm looking at.

I'm my mind, I would be paying about $1,500 to get the upgraded sound in terms of cost to me. Just wondering if most people think that's worth the value, or if the stock sound is reasonably good.
Sponsored

Stic-o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Explorer ,'92 Bronco, '91 Navajo, '19 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
The stock system sounds pretty good, but I haven't heard the B&O. It depends if your a audio nut. Wipers...meh. Remote start was important to me. You can add that option separately pretty cheap .

Krzydmnd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger Xlt
Vehicle Showcase
I think a new set of aftermarket speakers for around $300-400 would be a better choice than the B&O unless you just don't want to mess around with doing it yourself or having the truck gone for a day to have it done.

I plan on pulling panels tomorrow to see what sizes the speakers are in mine

toddiscdn

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X4
It sounds quite good to my old ears, but I doubt I'd give the 3 grand just for that.
Rain sensing wipers are actually pretty cool, you might appreciate that in Van. But ive have found a couple conditions that screw them up, ice etc. But still a good option in most conditions .
Remote start is a no brainer here but ive installed my own from crappy tire in my last 4 trucks for around 100 bucks,.

Not much help but, by the looks of your avatar , your bikes likely cost more than that o_O

Strokerduster

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger XLT, 2019 Edge ST, 1946 CJ2a street rod, shop full of motoorcycles
Vehicle Showcase
I think a new set of aftermarket speakers for around $300-400 would be a better choice than the B&O unless you just don't want to mess around with doing it yourself or having the truck gone for a day to have it done.

I plan on pulling panels tomorrow to see what sizes the speakers are in mine
By all means, LET US ALL KNOW.

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
I’ve only heard the B&O system so I can’t compare it to the base stereo yet. I was very impressed with it though, it sounds comparable to the 10 speaker Bose system in my Mazda. Auto wipers are awesome, they are also in my 2011 Mazda 3. I think that the package is worth the extra money, I’ll definitely be getting it.

OP
OP
Vandave

Vandave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Ranger FX4 Lariat
It sounds quite good to my old ears, but I doubt I'd give the 3 grand just for that.
Rain sensing wipers are actually pretty cool, you might appreciate that in Van. But ive have found a couple conditions that screw them up, ice etc. But still a good option in most conditions .
Remote start is a no brainer here but ive installed my own from crappy tire in my last 4 trucks for around 100 bucks,.

Not much help but, by the looks of your avatar , your bikes likely cost more than that o_O
Ya, my bikes are worth more than the package costs. :)

SchoolZoneSpeeder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
The factory Lariat speakers are surprisingly decent, but they don't compare to the B&O clarity. The most important parts of the upgraded system are the subwoofer and the center dash speaker, which provide good lows and a nice sound stage.
I'm going to pull the door panels and probably upgrade the front speakers and tweeters at some point.

I don't really care about rain sensing wipers. I had them on my last car and they are nice, but I really don't mind turning the wipers on myself haha.

The remote start is pointless because if you have the Sync3 system you have Fordpass and you can remotely start the truck from ANY distance because it uses a cellular signal. I love it at work because my office is about 400 yards from my truck so it is pretty much at the desired temp by the time I get to it.

I would save the money and then decide after hearing the normal system whether you'd like to upgrade or not. You could get a very good amp and speakers for half the price of that package.

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
The factory Lariat speakers are surprisingly decent, but they don't compare to the B&O clarity. The most important parts of the upgraded system are the subwoofer and the center dash speaker, which provide good lows and a nice sound stage.
I'm going to pull the door panels and probably upgrade the front speakers and tweeters at some point.

I don't really care about rain sensing wipers. I had them on my last car and they are nice, but I really don't mind turning the wipers on myself haha.

The remote start is pointless because if you have the Sync3 system you have Fordpass and you can remotely start the truck from ANY distance because it uses a cellular signal. I love it at work because my office is about 400 yards from my truck so it is pretty much at the desired temp by the time I get to it.

I would save the money and then decide after hearing the normal system whether you'd like to upgrade or not. You could get a very good amp and speakers for half the price of that package.
But to use that cellular remote start you need to sign up for the AT&T cell plan after 6 months - right?

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
^Thanks, I thought it was something like that. Since I have no plans for the wireless subscription, the remote start feature is not pointless for me.

toddiscdn

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X4
I still havent quite figured that one out. I have used the Ford pass remote start numerous times without signing up for the wireless subscription.

I still find the remote start on the key fob gets used more as by the time I find my phone and wait for the app to fire up, my truck could be warm, but Im old and dont have an umbilical attached to my phone.

The only bummer about the key fob start is the range isnt the greatest, much less that the aftermarket ones Ive installed before.

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Ive seen that, it also sells a long range key fob and Im not sure if you need both to be effective?
Not 100% sure but I suspect not. It looks like it's just a longer (or better placed) antenna so it should be able to work with a 'regular' Key Fob. If your Key Fob has confirmation that may not work (out of it's range) even though the vehicle has started.
Sponsored