Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
I would use that Dealer for everything and follow Exactly what they say. You have found a great friend in the business.

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Hi Geoff,

Total BS....Move on from Kal Tire... Magnuson Moss act covers your steel wheel wish... Shove this into the face of Kal Tire...who ever they are....

Best,
Phil
Kal Tire wasn't the problem. It was the Ford dealer that he had gone to to see if they'd match the Kal Tire price on the steel rims he wanted for winter driving.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Hi, I recently bought a 2022 ford ranger. I went to Kal tire to price out a set of steel wheels and winter tires, and then went to my local ford dealer to see if they could match the price. They initially would not give me a price on steel rims, claiming that “ ford doesn’t recommend steel wheels and that they could potentially void my warranty”, is there any truth to this? Seems like a bunch of BS considering the xl trim comes with steel wheels from the factory. I should add the steel wheels kal quoted me are the same offset and meet the axle load requirement of the truck. Thanks in advance, Geoff
I hope not! I have an XL and prefer the stock steelies ...

Fritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XL
Sounds like something the dealer would say.
When I had them put my new tires on my stock rims(steel)they broke a tpms sensor. They told me the sensor had stopped working because “Some tires just don’t work with the sensors.” They went on to say that I could try a new sensor if I payed for it but it was gonna be weeks before they could get one in.

I talked to the manager and he said of course they broke the sensor and they had it changed out 20 minutes later.

This is the second time I’ve been to a dealer in 20 years and the second time I’ve been lied to.

RangerCRF

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger fx4
The dealership will will try in every way to get out of warranty work. My 2021 came from the factory without working door locks. I didn’t realize it until 800 miles in. By then I had installed a single light bar. They claimed that’s what caused the doors to not lock. I had to walk back with the mechanic and unplug the light wiring to prove that wasn’t causing it. I’ve had issues with dealerships and warranty work with countless mopars as well. Was hoping Ford was different but I found out it’s a dealership issue.