Amillen15

First Name
Aubrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Hey!
I have a 2020 Ranger XLT. Currently it has a leveling kit on it and stock rims and tires.
We're wanting to get bigger than 265 tires, but we've learned that the crash bars will get in the way.
What did you guys do to modify the crash bars, etc so that we can get 275 or 285 tires??
Any suggestions would be appreciated!!!
Sponsored

mgallo13

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MM Focus ST (sold), 2020 MM Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Financial Controller
Vehicle Showcase
https://www.stage3motorsports.com/67-2900-19-22-ranger-readylift-high-clearance-intrusion-beams.html

this will give you the space to run a larger tire and what I am running with 285/70/17s

be forewarned they are not crash tested etc etc etc any people are going to have an opinion on this forum as some believe it is dangerous as it is not a "Stock" part

EDIT: some clarification- these are replacement intrusion beams (crash bars) with higher clearance and you will need to remove the old ones and fit these to run a larger tire in most cases. or you can take @RANGER PRIDE 's advice and just cut them out entirely and not spend $150. your call.

OP
OP

Amillen15

First Name
Aubrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT

mgallo13

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MM Focus ST (sold), 2020 MM Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Financial Controller
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome, thank you!
Easy enough to install??
I did have to get creative to get them past the front bumper and by creative I mean i needed to cut them to get them out LOL. If you loosen your bumper the fronts come out without cutting just depends what your wanna do.

IIRC the rears were much easier. Stage3 may have a video on them on their youtube if you take a look. They're a pretty solid resource if you just got the truck. I learned a ton from their vids.

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Hey!
I have a 2020 Ranger XLT. Currently it has a leveling kit on it and stock rims and tires.
We're wanting to get bigger than 265 tires, but we've learned that the crash bars will get in the way.
What did you guys do to modify the crash bars, etc so that we can get 275 or 285 tires??
So I had a leveling kit before I went to a 4 inch lift, crash bars removed, and I got a set of bronco sasquatch wheels and tires and with the level and the crash bars removed they fit but it was tight and the turn radius was decreased to like 90 percent of stock so with the right offset and crash bar removal with a level you will be ok with larger tires. For reference my new tires are 315 70 r 17

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Hey!
My dealer installed 1.5" spacer level in front and 285/70/17 Toyo AT2 prior to me coming along for purchase. Did not have to remove crash bars. Clearance was pretty paper thin on full turn lock either way, but it did clear.

People need to understand some 285's will fit, some will not, not all rubber marked as "285" is the same exact measurement.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Inhad 285/70-17 Firestone Destination XT'S ON stock sport wheels and the Ola Man EMU lift(raised the front 2.4 inches and the rear 1.6 inches for reference). All I had to do with the crash bars was remove the plastic covers up front and push the front bars forward. After that I was good. Only had rub at full lock and it did not bother me.

I will.also mention that those tires did great OffRoad and On Road!!

0529211359.jpg

0517211755_HDR.jpg

0529211359a_HDR.jpg

0517211755.jpg

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
id like to get 33's on mine but im not removing crash bars etc. At some point I will have the bilstien 5100s all the way around so I was hoping that maybe a 255 80 17 or something similar would work with no rubs or binds. Taller but a tad more narrow. Im not against a small wheel spacer if needed. I like my stock rims though so do not want to change em. Geez Im old . I like stock rims and safety features lol.