SSM 51754 2023 Bronco/Ranger/Explorer - 2.3L Engine - Loss Of Coolant With Coolant In Oil - Built On 27-Mar-2023 And Through 18-May-2023

SymChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 / 2017 Escape SE FWD
Found over at Bronco6g:

SSM 51754 2023 Bronco/Ranger/Explorer - 2.3L Engine - Loss Of Coolant With Coolant In Oil - Built On 27-Mar-2023 And Through 18-May-2023
Some 2023 Bronco/Ranger/Explorer vehicles equipped with a 2.3L EcoBoost engine and built on 27-Mar-2023 and through 18-May-2023 may experience a loss of coolant with coolant in the oil. This may be caused by a cracked engine block. If this condition is present, replace the engine long block assembly. Refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 303-01. For claiming use causal part number 6010 and applicable labor operations in Section 06 of the Service Labor Time Standards (SLTS) Manual.
Sponsored

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
mines too old for the notice but id guess if it was problem they caught and put out notice on it may have taken place on more than just that date range :(

so ive never built a new engine or worked on a line making engines but i have worked on several engines. busted knuckles every weekend as kid to keep my junker first truck running etc. but i gotta throw this out to yall for info... is it not fairly essay to spot a cracked block or catch early like after the first start up ??? in my mind it would be fairly easy to notice a cracked block during the assembly and at least during an inspection or in delivery process. i mean they do have to start them and drive the cars and trucks to get them to a truck train or dealer. id hope they check the oil and other fluids at some point... so should things like this not be caught before customers get the truck or is a cracked block a hard to notice or find thing ???

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
Holy crap, sounds bad but ....

This may not be widespread, I don't think everyone in that build range needs to get all excited.