First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4, 501A, fully damped
Occupation
Engineer
The only time I have had an issue was with the Equinox I inherited from my dad. When I rotated the tires I discovered that many of the nuts had hairline cracks. Someone had dramatically over torqued them and they would no longer tighten properly. I could see how these could work loose over time, so it pays to check if you didn't do the work.

SamIAm

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Flex
Occupation
Ford parts assistant manager
FYI… machine on the assembly line broke and vehicles left the line with lug nuts improperly torqued.
https://www.carscoops.com/2023/04/f...eel-falls-off-allegedly-hits-another-vehicle/

Just to give everyone a heads up. The lugnuts that are on our trucks are a 2 piece lugnut. A couple of times hitting them with a torque gun and they start to swell once they swell you have to beat a socket on them and replace them. I am telling you all to do this now while you can. You can go aftermarket on these and find them as a solid one piece with no problems! I work at a dealership and we see this all the time on all of our cars and trucks. When I purchased my Ranger in November I bought lugnuts then and replaced them.

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
Just to give everyone a heads up. The lugnuts that are on our trucks are a 2 piece lugnut. A couple of times hitting them with a torque gun and they start to swell once they swell you have to beat a socket on them and replace them. I am telling you all to do this now while you can. You can go aftermarket on these and find them as a solid one piece with no problems! I work at a dealership and we see this all the time on all of our cars and trucks. When I purchased my Ranger in November I bought lugnuts then and replaced them.
That's been going on for quite sometime, even my '95 F150 had those types. Worst case scenario is when the lug rusts and swells up the cap.
Sponsored