HC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger STX 4x4,16 Audi A7
Occupation
Retired
Nice. Where did you order from?
I got the tune emailed last week. So I have my updated tune just nothing to install or reason to tune yet.

StezenW

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Magnetic; 1998 Ford Ranger XLT 5-Speed Emerald
Vehicle Showcase
Yes I had the Livernois tune already installed, I ordered my DP and sent them an email saying I was installing an upgraded DP, and they adjusted my tune accordingly.
And I love it - it makes everything about the turbo better.

Last edited:

Jpeterson

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger
Occupation
Self employed
My down pipe is installed. Wasnt to bad of a job. sounds good with my gibson duel exhaust. nice power increase. No codes after 15 miles. How long does it typically take to throw O2 codes? Just wondering if I'm out of the woods.

StezenW

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
U
My down pipe is installed. Wasnt to bad of a job. sounds good with my gibson duel exhaust. nice power increase. No codes after 15 miles. How long does it typically take to throw O2 codes? Just wondering if I'm out of the woods.
Uncertain.. keep an eye on it!

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
I'm not sure I like the material choice, it looks like aluminized steel whereas the stock one is decently high grade stainless. I'll wait until something comes out in at least 304.
I agree, especially with the idea of getting insulation wrap back on it to keep efficiency up. Could lead to rust out.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient

Sulli

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Automotive Interior Repair
I’m currently installing my AFE catless downpipe and could only find this thread with a step by step guide or any info at all regarding this install.. I’m not trying to hijack the thread. I’m just trying to help anyone else who will do this install.

For all three nuts I used a 15mm ratcheting wrench. All three were tough to break.

the nut closest to the motor, the wrench could only really lay one way. Across the turbo and pointing towards the passenger side of the truck. This one was the hardest of all three. I really had to nearly hover over the engine bay and pull up.

the nut on the passenger side was easy. Have the wrench pointing down and pull towards you.

bottom nut is straight forward, but kind of hard to get any tq on it. Gotta grunt and hit it hard.

I took pics of the wrenches position for each nut. Hopefully this can help someone.

EF73203F-14C8-45AD-81A0-7841A629A081.jpeg

1491F3D4-D2D2-444E-8FC4-7C84D5D35755.jpeg

3BD057BD-1F69-483F-875A-0B66619A1E4E.jpeg

HTX1811

First Name
HC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
After 6 weeks mine finally came in. Thanks for the pics. Passenger side nut, easy as pie. Engine side nut, I had to go to Lowe's and get a breaker bar that fit around the ratcheting wrench and eat dinner. I will resume the job tomorrow. It should break loose tomorrow. I have not tried the bottom nut yet.

Do you happen to have a pic of where the bottom O2 sensor plugs in. I have tried to trace the wire and it disappears under all of the hoses and pipes. LOL.
I have the exact wrench BTW.
I’m currently installing my AFE catless downpipe and could only find this thread with a step by step guide or any info at all regarding this install.. I’m not trying to hijack the thread. I’m just trying to help anyone else who will do this install.

For all three nuts I used a 15mm ratcheting wrench. All three were tough to break.

the nut closest to the motor, the wrench could only really lay one way. Across the turbo and pointing towards the passenger side of the truck. This one was the hardest of all three. I really had to nearly hover over the engine bay and pull up.

the nut on the passenger side was easy. Have the wrench pointing down and pull towards you.

bottom nut is straight forward, but kind of hard to get any tq on it. Gotta grunt and hit it hard.

I took pics of the wrenches position for each nut. Hopefully this can help someone.

EF73203F-14C8-45AD-81A0-7841A629A081.jpeg

1491F3D4-D2D2-444E-8FC4-7C84D5D35755.jpeg

3BD057BD-1F69-483F-875A-0B66619A1E4E.jpeg

Reactions: Doc

StezenW

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
After 6 weeks mine finally came in. Thanks for the pics. Passenger side nut, easy as pie. Engine side nut, I had to go to Lowe's and get a breaker bar that fit around the ratcheting wrench and eat dinner. I will resume the job tomorrow. It should break loose tomorrow. I have not tried the bottom nut yet.

Do you happen to have a pic of where the bottom O2 sensor plugs in. I have tried to trace the wire and it disappears under all of the hoses and pipes. LOL.
I have the exact wrench BTW.
I dont have a pic but you have to access the plug from under the truck. It’s one of those do it by feel not by sight maneuvers. There is a round clip/ retainer on the O2 wire that holds it out of the way, find that and free it/ unclip it and you have more O2 wire slack to play with.

HTX1811

First Name
HC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Has anyone that put on the SPD DP also get the SPD cat back exhaust? The clamp provided is too big and will not tighten enough to hold the exhaust pipe in. Not even close. I know it has an adapter for stock exhaust and the clamp fits the adapter fine. The other extra clamp does not get tight enough to cinch down.

dannewps

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Has anyone that put on the SPD DP also get the SPD cat back exhaust? The clamp provided is too big and will not tighten enough to hold the exhaust pipe in. Not even close. I know it has an adapter for stock exhaust and the clamp fits the adapter fine. The other extra clamp does not get tight enough to cinch down.
I should have my DP and Exhaust during next week. I can let you know how it fits up.

HTX1811

First Name
HC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
After talking to SPD the issue is I was sent the wrong coupler that connects the DP to the flex section of SPD cat-back exhaust. The one I received was not flared enough to go over the DP. I will have the correct one Monday. This is what came with the DP. Notice it’s the same OD as the DP.

0205488B-1729-4A7B-950D-D39D772F680A.jpeg

HTX1811

First Name
HC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Finally got it all installed. Man, what a difference and sound. I hated it at first but it is growing on me a little.

IMG_1432 (1).jpg

Cat Wrapped.jpg

HTX1811

First Name
HC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
What did y'all do with the factory DP and exhaust?
Sponsored