First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
To those who are running the SPD downpipe, are you running a 3" or a 2.5" exhaust? If you're running a 3", do you notice less low end torque? And has anyone went form a 2.5" to 3" with the DP that could tell me your thoughts? Also, any recommendations for an exhaust to run with the DP? Looking for something that will not be overly annoying with the DP installed and preferably in stainless steel. Have found a few options but would like some input from the group before I pull the trigger on an exhaust.
Sponsored

RangerPNW

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Project Manager
Shouldn't have any issues going with a 3 inch, especially if that's what the downpipe is. As for a recommendation on a catback, I'm waiting for Thermal R&D to release their kit. Messaged them they other day and they said theirs is coming out in a few months. I had their kit on my Focus ST plus a catless downpipe, thing sounded amazing at wide open but thanks to the design of the exhaust of quiets right down at cruising.

Grady

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger FX4, 17 Subaru BRZ Yellow, 11 Evora
Occupation
Manager
Have the down pipe and full 3 inch back to the MBRP duals Got lots of drone. Added the MBRP 3 inch resonator and it helped enough For me but still have slight drone on Highway.

MGH1

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I went with the CVF downpipe, 3" all the way back. Before installing the downpipe, I was running a 14" Borla XS muffler and it sounded great. After the DP, the exhaust was so loud and had such a drone, I installed a 14" Magnaflow as well. Much better tone now. Magnaflow was left over from my '13 5.0, so didn't cost anything to try.
Sponsored