SPD Performance Downpipe

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat / 2019 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription
Just installed the SPD downpipe. The flow difference is apparent. Faster spool time and you can hear the turbo finally. The size difference is also significant.
6D2726A1-3E59-4ED0-A9C2-930B17629746.jpeg
299B21C5-4641-478D-A2D8-C0BC0776A0C0.jpeg
Sponsored

808matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Sport Package, 2015 f450 Bucket Truck
Did you do he install yourself?

Stic-o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Explorer ,'92 Bronco, '91 Navajo, '19 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I had a SPD y-pipe on my V10 Super Duty and it was a huge difference over stock.

These guys know what there doing

Marshal.

First Name
Marshal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger, 1979 Mazda rx7
Does it mate up to the factory exhaust?

808matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Sport Package, 2015 f450 Bucket Truck
Got any vids or sound clips?

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
I'm not sure I like the material choice, it looks like aluminized steel whereas the stock one is decently high grade stainless. I'll wait until something comes out in at least 304.

doug910

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger, '02 BMW 540i
Occupation
Engineer
Yeah it was an easy install. Took about an hour.
Any way we can get a quick step by step? Interested in knowing what the general process is.

OP
OP
Andy

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any way we can get a quick step by step? Interested in knowing what the general process is.
Sure thing, it will be a generalized process.

1. Loosen exhaust clamp closest to the factory flex portion of the exhaust.
2. Unbolt the ridged mount that is attached to the transmission.
3. Loosen top two flange bolts from the top. 15mm wrench works for the passenger side top nut and a 15mm deep well with 3” extensions reaches the inwards upmost nut. Bottom nut can be accessed from below or above. Dealers choice.
4. Pull the flex exhaust portion out of its rubber pin mount and back to slip it off the factory down pipe. (This is a little struggle and I soaked it in lube to help.)
5. Unclip the O2 sensors from the hvac suction line coming out of the firewall. (Access from above and below moving the down pipe to aid in access.)
6. Unplug both O2 sensors one plug is up closest to the hood and the other is along the body on the passenger side about 18” from the turbo (about where your right foot would sit in the passenger seat.)
7. Factory downpipe can come out pretty easy if you arrange it right and watch for the O2 sensor wires as they will get caught up so don’t pull on it with any force.
8. The metal gasket is reusable and be carful to not bend it. It only goes on in one orientation so just keep flipping it until it lines up.
9. Take the O2 sensors off the factory down pipe and install them on the new one.
10. Install of the new down pipe is pretty straight forward from here. Just do the operation in reverse. You have more room to work now so it’s even faster.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Andy

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unfortunately, my better half has informed me that the truck is too loud.. hah. I think it sounds great with the turbo whistle and the nice run on deceleration. Sooo I’ll be selling mine at a discounted price of $400? Free shipping. Let me know if you want it and I’ll send it out. :computerrage:

doug910

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger, '02 BMW 540i
Occupation
Engineer
Sure thing, it will be a generalized process.

1. Loosen exhaust clamp closest to the factory flex portion of the exhaust.
2. Unbolt the ridged mount that is attached to the transmission.
3. Loosen top two flange bolts from the top. 15mm wrench works for the passenger side top nut and a 15mm deep well with 3” extensions reaches the inwards upmost nut. Bottom nut can be accessed from below or above. Dealers choice.
4. Pull the flex exhaust portion out of its rubber pin mount and back to slip it off the factory down pipe. (This is a little struggle and I soaked it in lube to help.)
5. Unclip the O2 sensors from the hvac suction line coming out of the firewall. (Access from above and below moving the down pipe to aid in access.)
6. Unplug both O2 sensors one plug is up closest to the hood and the other is along the body on the passenger side about 18” from the turbo (about where your right foot would sit in the passenger seat.)
7. Factory downpipe can come out pretty easy if you arrange it right and watch for the O2 sensor wires as they will get caught up so don’t pull on it with any force.
8. The metal gasket is reusable and be carful to not bend it. It only goes on in one orientation so just keep flipping it until it lines up.
9. Take the O2 sensors off the factory down pipe and install them on the new one.
10. Install of the new down pipe is pretty straight forward from here. Just do the operation in reverse. You have more room to work now so it’s even faster.

Hope this helps!
Thanks for the write up! Very helpful. It honestly doesn't seem difficult, but I'm trying to visualize it and I just can't help but feel that everything would be such a tight fit to work in there. I also haven't spent much time in the engine bay either haha nonetheless it's good to know that it's pretty straightforward!

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not sure I like the material choice, it looks like aluminized steel whereas the stock one is decently high grade stainless. I'll wait until something comes out in at least 304.
Ditto. :thumbsup:

NOVA_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4