RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
My apologies I meant to say that you might be able to leave the keys and fob together and still insert it into the hitch safe.
I missed that, sorry. Thanks for clarifying. It might work, but I kind of doubt it. The problem is that Lariat fob is HUGE and the hitch safe is pretty small. But now that I think about it, it might be something worth trying - those things are pretty cheap. I actually have a bunch of velcro wire ties I could probably try to see if it is even possible. I will give it a whirl and let you know.
Sponsored

silverflash

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger XL loaded
Occupation
stuff
see this:

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/thre...dly-comes-with-the-keys-when-new.13727/page-5

I was able to get new keys off amazon, a fob and a chipped key, and have a locksmith laser cut them. Then I programmed them both using my ignition on my 2021.

you don't need both originals to make another key that starts your car or unlocks your car. that is ONLY true if you only have the two original keys. LOL. Once i made a 3rd key, the new fob, I used that one along with an original to program a 4th.

unless this functionality wasn't in the 2019's or 2020's, you should be able to bypass the expensive dealer and locksmith and do yourself if you have two working keys. They don't have to be originals.

and cutting the keys is a less than 5 minute job that should cost you 10$ and no more. i watched. quite simple.